ADVERTISEMENT

Same old story

Kentucky plays @ Kansas in January, and that's after playing multiple power conference schools in the OOC schedule.

Louisville SOS is #331 right now...
Playing "power conference" schools doesn't really matter. You don't play a conference.

Nor does it really matter who you play three months before the NCAA tournament. Not if your team's elite anyway. Really only matters if your schedule is pretty much hot garbage by season's end.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Maybe the game in the Yum will be competitive next season. Kentucky is bringing in some rim wreckers next season. Should be exciting.

Not real sure how you come to the conclusion that the UL game is our superbowl in basketball ... football to me yes, the Louisville game is the most important...
We're a helluva lot more a basketball SB than football. The last couple years notwithstanding, your football schedule has good teams on it besides U of L. Your basketball schedule has damn few.

Besides U of L, there's Kansas and Duke.

It took me about 10 seconds to get over it. The best for this team is yet to come, while that was the best for UofK. They shot lights out today and it wasn't because they had wide open shots. Most were contested shots that simply went in. I can live with that. That's basketball. Look at it this way, that was easily the worse game the Cards have played to date and we lost by 2 freaking points in a hostile environment. I see great things for this team. I am very optimistic. Q has to play better. Spalding needs to play up to his potential. Mathiang needs to get healthy. Johnson needs to play tougher. Nanu needs to stop fouling. Anas needs to be stronger. Adel needs to learn how to play defense. Stockman needs more minutes. Last but certainly not least, Mitchell needs more minutes. The 2 fifth year seniors are stabilizers right now. When everyone else catches up, the sky is the limit.
That was nowhere near our best. We start 3 freshman and are the 8th youngest team in the country. We are nowhere near our peak. Our upside is crazy. We lost our 3rd leading scorer and best perimeter defender in warmups. Our star Murray had 8 turnovers and numerous bad shots. Our highest rated recruit Skal is giving us nothing. Cals teams always peak in March. He has the most NCAA tournament wins by far the last 6 years and 4 final fours. He also has the highest NCAA win % among active coaches.

Louisville has tremendous upside as well. Many people don't realize you guys lost 4 starters and have a lot of youth as well.

That was nowhere near our best. We start 3 freshman and are the 8th youngest team in the country. We are nowhere near our peak. Our upside is crazy. We lost our 3rd leading scorer and best perimeter defender in warmups. Our star Murray had 8 turnovers and numerous bad shots. Our highest rated recruit Skal is giving us nothing. Cals teams always peak in March. He has the most NCAA tournament wins by far the last 6 years and 4 final fours. He also has the highest NCAA win % among active coaches.

Louisville has tremendous upside as well. Many people don't realize you guys lost 4 starters and have a lot of youth as well.

Yep. We all know that going 11 for 23 on 3 pointers is not the best uk can do. 10 for 22 would have resulted in what? That will likely be the highest % shot all year by uk.....and you know it.

He still only has 1 NC to show for all that bluster. So......so what? Still among the also runs even with the highest rated talent.. Under achievers. John Wooden would scoff at you wannabees.

I will acknowledge that your last paragraph is truthful.....the rest is just your arrogant way of patronizing......Cards fans do not need that from ya. Back to kitty land ya go.

Reactions: Cue Card
Since the game doesn't matter that much, I'd be open to dropping LPT. Not because we can't beat them, but because we have more to lose than they do. Every time we play them, it's another Super Bowl. We mean a lot more on their schedule than they mean on ours.

We used to need them on all of our schedules (all sports). Those days are over. For sure, I think we spell out our terms to continue the series, starting with when this game is played on the schedule.

Too much LPT blue in Bailout Arena every other year. Won't be at all unhappy to see that end as well. They can show up for the NCAA tourney every few years, and I can sell them my tix at a big markup.

Dude stop acting like this game doesn't matter to you. You're downplaying it and that just foolish. You can't roll out "LPT" in every post and then Act like the UK game doesn't matter to you. You're not fooling anyone. Have some pride

Dude stop acting like this game doesn't matter to you. You're downplaying it and that just foolish. You can't roll out "LPT" in every post and then Act like the UK game doesn't matter to you. You're not fooling anyone. Have some pride
Game did matter, but not the end of our season.Ul plays sports pretty much all year...Mens/Women bball, football bowls, College World series...etc. So, when you basically have a one sport school like UK i can see why your fans think UL is your super bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT