ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones the total idiot

Cardsp....once you start timeframing, you've lost. The fact is what it is...your uofl Cardinals are 13-14 vs UK on the football field....you know, in the game between the 2 schools that somehow 'matters' more than the basketball game.

Reactions: blubo
I guess leather helmets and canvas pads are making a comeback along with those glorious wins against our football team back during prohibition. I love how the blue people cling to wins from an era when football and basketball were mostly an after thought or distraction as compared to even 45 years ago much less today.

So the cats own the overall series....hahahaha! That's cute.

Big picture....not just part of it. It all started at some point. Your team is 13-14.
Sounds like your football team considers U of L less of a Super Bowl than your basketball team.

"Elite program", my a$$...

....are you surprised? KY is a basketball state. At a sports banquet long ago, Rupp was awarded a Cadillac, Bear Bryant was given a watch.

....are you surprised? KY is a basketball state. At a sports banquet long ago, Rupp was awarded a Cadillac, Bear Bryant was given a watch.
No, it's because LPT's in a good football conference. Can't hyper-elevate U of L when you have SEC football teams on your schedule.

Your basketball team doesn't have that issue.

(Charming to see blubo's still sucking on your nutsack.)

No clue who Blubo is, but leave it to you to say something like that.

"Can't hyper-elevate U of L when you have SEC football teams on your schedule" .....are you somehow insinuating that uofl isn't that good, since the UK football team plays in the SEC?

Keep your eye on how things change this year with regards to the SEC, Zipp.

Been to and played in are two seperate things. How much court time did Lee get in both years of those final fours and championship game? Did Poythress participate or was he watching from the bench on crutches? I give Poythress a pass because of his injury but the twins stock dropped like Enron from the time they were in AAU and declared for the draft. Lee should have a * next to his name because he may be at uk for all 4 years, which is a good thing to most people who enjoy college basketball. Unfortunately, the Cal standard and many uk fans standard is that they are only good if they leave within 1 and sometimes 2 years. Otherwise, a 3-4 year players must be a bust. If that's the standard then Lee will be considered a failure. At this stage, Lee is already a failure in Cal's eyes. Poythress may very well break out of his shell in his 3rd full season(which is highly doubtful considering his previous years). But if Poythress enters the draft after next season and drops past the first round or doesn't get picked up he too will be a complete failure considering where he was projected before being coached by Cal.

So the jury is still out on Lee and Poythress. But by the numbers, both have already failed to meet Cal's expectations and many uk fans even if both do get drafted after being in school for 3 years or more. The point being made here is Matty Bangs is full of crap and won't speak negatively about uk or Cal even when the truth is shoved down his throat. Pitino never told Trez to come back. Trez decided on his own to come back for another year. Trez was quoted as saying that last year. The door was left open and he CHOSE to return and work on his game. He wasn't projected any higher last year and all signs pointed to him being a 1st rounder this year but strange things happened like Larry Nance Jr getting tapped in the 1st round and Kevon Looney also getting tapped late 1st round. There were other head scratchers but it happens. Trez will be fine regardless. He will be in the league for a long time.
A very long time.

UK's schedule was ranked 31st last year according KenPom. What system had them top 5? RPI?
Was talking out the OOC schedule since it was stated that UK essentially played no one in conference and then only scheduled cupcakes OOC.

You need to research those 8 titles and see how unimpressive half of them are, Kensuckys 8 National Titles aren't as impressive as UCLA's. UCLA earned their titles during a period where more than 4 teams were invited and they were the best teams. Half of Sucks titles were played in a 4 or 8 team format and it didn't include the best teams. Most of the best teams played in the NIT because it was more prestigious, the National Title game back in the day Suck won half their titles was 2nd fiddle.
True.

..."Can't hyper-elevate U of L when you have SEC football teams on your schedule" .....are you somehow insinuating that uofl isn't that good, since the UK football team plays in the SEC?...
I'm SAYING that U of L is no better than some of the other good football teams on your schedule like Auburn. LPT has to prepare for all of those teams.

The LPT basketball team OTOH had to prepare for one marginal Top Ten basketball team (UNC) last year. That's a huge difference between those sports. Easy to regard a couple of them as "Super Bowls". Your coach knows that too well.

No clue who Blubo is, but leave it to you to say something like that.

"Can't hyper-elevate U of L when you have SEC football teams on your schedule" .....are you somehow insinuating that uofl isn't that good, since the UK football team plays in the SEC?

Keep your eye on how things change this year with regards to the SEC, Zipp.
LOL..we have beat more SEC teams in last 3 years than UK and were not even in the confrence...

Reactions: shadow force
Clear Channel is "clearly" in crisis mode. Couldn't happen to better bunch of guys.

Yeah, cuz that's what media companies do, Zipp....they sign on with 'unpopular' radio shows for another 3 years. :rolleyes:

ok, cool, but the point remains....the key component to uofl's win last season is now in the NFL.
No worse than losing Bridgewater prior year...and guess what we still one. And you fail to remember our starting QB was injured in the game...and we still won. We have more than 1 key component

Because in your head it makes sense? I don't know. Doesn't make much sense to the rest of us. You call him Pitino Lite when Pitino is 1-7 against him. What does that have to do with fixations and draft picks. It's your insult, not ours.
Typical blue hole reply "Doesn't make much sense to the rest of us." Because you have much, sense that is.

Hard to argue championships, recruiting, wins and head to head with UL the last several years. If I was a UL fan, suppose I would also hate UK's success.
I don't hate LPT's success because I don't care. Your coach and I simply have an explanation for it.

(HINT: The initials are "S.B.")

I knew he was a UK idiot. I just didn't realize he was also a political idiot. Figures!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT