ADVERTISEMENT

*** Louisville vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread

UGH ...

Had 2 outs, 0-2, just a man on first ...

Stolen base, with throw going into center, gets runner to third. Then a triple ....

4-0.

Zach Lucas saves a run there ... very nice grab to end the inning. He had to get on his ladder for that one.

We got to Fulmer last inning ... need to keep doing that. And push some across this inning.

And pull Funk for McGrath starting out next inning.

Still a lot of baseball to play.

Really hard for the team to stay sharp when the pitcher is constantly struggling.

WE NEED SOME RUNS !!

Sutton Whiting shoulda had an in the park home run there. But a nice triple to score one.

Now one out.

But we are at the top of the order now.

Let's go boys. We're getting to Fulmer.

Back in it !! Need to get some good pitching the rest of the game and we just might pull this out.

Originally posted by Howie Lindsey:
Drunk guy just jumped the fence in right field and sprinted across the field toward Jeff Gardner.

He was tackled about 20 feet short.
I wondered what the hell was going on .... wasn't mentioned at all by ESPN ... all we saw was the fans missing the ball Corey Ray threw them, having it dribble back on the field, and he throwing it to someone else. But the fan reactions weren't matching that activity.

Was ShootSix the guy running onto the field?
wink.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 6/14 10:21 PM by Pervis_Griffith

Way to battle Corey Ray!

Worked count full, and fouled off several before drawing the walk. Could be a pitching change here.

Yep. New pitcher coming. Hope we can capitalize on this.

Damn.... back to back fly outs to center field. CF, where balls go to die. That wind is killer.

Funk settles down and gets us through 6.

Let's get some runs here boys! Top of 7th. We get a lead in the 8th, I really like our chances. Since we're something stupid like 98-0 in that situation ....

Although he is struggling big time, I sure would've like to have seen Gardner get a chance to swing in that spot..

Same problem we had in the Regional and Super, lack of clutch hitting, we overcame it then hopefully we can do it again tonight.

2 more swings to get it done !

Cardiac beat me to it. RISP
RISP
RISP
Gotta hit the ball with runners in scoring position.

tough night…the first game is SO important. really feels like we've let one get away….so far. still got the 9th inning! C'MON!

dang 1-5 in CWS. Gonna be tough road now. Got to take care of the fighting Charlie Strongs on monday

Talk about BAD Game Play (2 Wild Pitches...Thrown out at 3rd on a BAD decision to steal...An ERROR throwing to 2nd), and Management (NUMEROUS stranded runners with Vandy playing back off the bags and we swing for the fences with 35-MPH Winds...What happened to moving the runners with the small ball)...OMAHA brings out the WORST in Louisville Baseball!!!

sign0094.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT