ADVERTISEMENT

*** Louisville vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread

Hmmm ... more World Cup watching then ...

And given how many rain delays we endured in our regional, I know we can handle it ...

Go Cards.
Beat Kandy.

OMAHA, Neb. Louisville offense today.
The decision to go with Fulmer over first-round pickTyler Beede, who received the ball first in each of the Commodores' 15 series this season, is a somewhat surprising choice.
First pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m. on ESPN2.
"It's just about matchups now," Corbin said. "It's matching up a pitcher's skill-set against a team's skill-set, and that's what we tried to do."
"I told the kids leading up to this well before the regional, I said, 'Listen, you might throw these rotations out the door now.' If it fits, it fits, but it doesn't mean that we're going to do the same thing because now you play different teams. It's not three-game sets anymore, with the exception of what happened last week. It's just a matter of matching up our talent against someone else's talent."
RELATED: Vandy hopes to end skid vs. Louisville
RELATED: Vandy pitchers who missed first CWS trip get second chance
Fulmer (6-1, 1.78 ERA) said Corbin informed him of the decision Tuesday.
Fulmer has won six of his seven starts since moving into the starting rotation on April 19. He took a no-decision in a Super Regional game against Stanford, giving up a career-high four earned runs in 6 1/3 innings.
"The only thing that has changed is that I get the ball in the first game," Fulmer said. "Nothing has changed otherwise. We're all here together and we have a plan to win this thing, and that just happens to include me throwing the first game."
Beede (8-7, 3.58), was taken 14th overall by San Francisco last week, but he has struggled with consistency, including last week's Super Regional.
In spite of being handed a 10-0 lead through three innings against Stanford, Beede was unable to record the five innings necessary for a win. He was pulled after allowing six runs in 4 2/3 innings.
RELATED: Steven Rice's daily CWS diary
In last season's Super Regional loss to Louisville, Beede made the start in a 2-1 loss at Hawkins Field. Beede, who entered the game with a 14-0 record, lasted just 2 2/3 innings after allowing five hits and three walks.
Fulmer who relieved Beede on that day and threw 5 1/3 scoreless innings to close the game, but the Commodores were unable to provide the runs necessary to extend their season.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/van

walks will kill you every time. Both scored. Ump didn't help on that 3-2 pitch.

I know CDM wants to stick it out with Funk but he's going to have to pull him while we're still within striking distance.

Good to get Funk though that inning. If we can milk one more inning out of him, without giving any runs up, that will help preserve some staff ...

We need some bats, boys!! Let's get after it!!

Well THAT hurt ...

sick0006.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT