ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You don't fire Pitino Lite for barely making the Final Four with 8-9 five-star guys. But you sure as hell don't list that on his coaching resume. LPT was the #1 overall seed and set up to easily make the Final Four. Barely getting there was hardly a great accomplishment.
And the year before, losing control of 7-8 five-star guys during the regular season so badly that they surprised the hell outta everyone making a deep tourney run doesn't qualify either. Your in-game coach should have never been in that situation.
Simply put, the talent you've recruited is way too high to just win easy games, eke out others, and/or rise from ashes that you should have never been in."

....wow....where to begin...this pretty much solidifies that no matter what level of winning UK may achieve, Zipp will go to great lengths to discredit those wins, in any way his imagination can conjur up.

"....barely making the Final Four"...apparently the term 'FINAL Four' holds no meaning for him....unless of course we look back to 2005, when RP first 'barely made it to the Final Four'... then, of course...it 'mattered'.

"#1 overall seed"? Sure didn't look like it.....did you even see Duke's bracket?

"losing control of 7-8 five star guys during the regular season so badly that they surprised the hell outta everyone making a deep tourney run doesn't qualify either."

.....Wow....this might be your wildest theory yet. Forget that Florida was awfully good that year, or that this team wasn't nearly as deep as last season's team. You just take the easy (lazy) way out on admitting they were actually pretty damned good by tournament time and just blame Cal. This team that you're making a lame attempt at analyzing came together at the right time, beat Kansas St., Wichita St., Uofl (without WCS more most of the game), Michigan and Wisconsin......AS AN 8 SEED.

It's blatantly obvious...even in UK had gone 40-0 last year, you'd still be here, saying all they had were "easy wins".

Reactions: blubo
Nolan Cromwell.... reminds me of a guy that played for the Rams years ago. No idea what the connection is with him and Cal.
"Withering performance when under the spotlight".... Yawwwn. Only Coach K has had a better last 6 years.
"Matt Jones scathingly disparaged Calipari" ....only to later recant the statement and admit he was wrong.
The Derrick Rose scenario.....only people like YOU want to put that on Cal. Funny....nobody else does, not Rose OR the NCAA.

Explained this whole message board thing before. To guide the misguided.... that's the purpose.
Matt Jones recanted because he knew it would hurt his own pocket book...

.......wow....where to begin...this pretty much solidifies that no matter what level of winning UK may achieve, Zipp will go to great lengths to discredit those wins, in any way his imagination can conjur up...
Just calls 'em the ways I sees 'em. And that probably doesn't jive with the LPT fanbase's version of reality. (I wonder if I give a damn? :D )

....barely making the Final Four"...apparently the term 'FINAL Four' holds no meaning for him....unless of course we look back to 2005, when RP first 'barely made it to the Final Four'... then, of course...it 'mattered'...
Once again, the courier trying to redirect the argument. This ain't about U of L.

..."#1 overall seed"? Sure didn't look like it.....did you even see Duke's bracket?...
You need to take that up with the NCAA. Are you debating that LPT was the #1 of #1 seeds? Just because your team didn't fare too well ain't the NCAA's fault. Everyone else knew you were overrated.

Speaking of Duke?... As probably the 2nd most talented team in the country since 2009, they've landed 13 five-star guys. LPT has inked freaking 22, almost twice as many as #2. That's why one title and an NIT ain't so hot.

..."losing control of 7-8 five star guys during the regular season so badly that they surprised the hell outta everyone making a deep tourney run doesn't qualify either."

.....Wow....this might be your wildest theory yet. Forget that Florida was awfully good that year, or that this team wasn't nearly as deep as last season's team. You just take the easy (lazy) way out on admitting they were actually pretty damned good by tournament time and just blame Cal. This team that you're making a lame attempt at analyzing came together at the right time, beat Kansas St., Wichita St., Uofl (without WCS more most of the game), Michigan and Wisconsin......AS AN 8 SEED...
That's a lotta LPT rationalization about a team with a bunch of 5-star guys. It had no business losing a double digit number of games in Tubby-esque fashion. Only to look like miracle achievers when they finally started playing halfway up to their talent level. And you want freaking credit for that? Are we calling that a "great run" too? Let's bring back Tubby and give him a few more 'attaboys'.

...It's blatantly obvious...even in UK had gone 40-0 last year, you'd still be here, saying all they had were "easy wins".
Yeah, well you didn't go 40-0. You got a lot closer than you should have playing a garbage basketball schedule, and now trying to raise a banner to feel better about a "great run". Fine if you can get away with it, but that place ain't here.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Last edited by a moderator:
Your level of denial knows no bounds. Guys like Bilas, Greenberg, Vitale, Jay Williams, etc.. should all get a glimpse of your "logic". They'd all laugh at you.

Your level of denial knows no bounds. Guys like Bilas, Greenberg, Vitale, Jay Williams, etc.. should all get a glimpse of your "logic". They'd all laugh at you.
Ouch, courier! You're takin' off the gloves! Laughter???

Sounds like another LPT guy's outta facts again.

"Elite program", my a$$.

blubo the LPT nutsack sucker dislikes this.

Why bother....when you're faced with facts, you steer the argument somewhere else, deny the source of the facts, or just dissect them further to fit your agenda.

You're the only guy I've ever seen (well maybe since the days of the smack board and 'CardFanatic' ) to try to dissect winning. (CardFanatic wanted to add another column to go along with wins and losses. He wanted to add 'struggled'.) You haven't gone that far... at least not yet.

Kentucky has a weak schedule I mean they play UofL, sometimes twice a year...
LPT played 35 games last year before the NCAA. There was one team on that schedule in the Sagarin Top 10 by the end of the season--Carolina barely in at #10.

U of L was in the next group of three between 11 and 20. That's 10% of your schedule in the Top 20. Sorry, that's a $hit basketball schedule. As you found out when the competition got tougher in the NCAA itself.

LPT played 35 games last year before the NCAA. There was one team on that schedule in the Sagarin Top 10 by the end of the season--Carolina barely in at #10.

U of L was in the next group of three between 11 and 20. That's 10% of your schedule in the Top 20. Sorry, that's a $hit basketball schedule. As you found out when the competition got tougher in the NCAA itself.

Ever heard of teams regressing throughout the year? It happens Texas is the best example. And UK beat that same Wisconsin team the year before so it's not like UK couldn't beat them if they played again. You do realize your saying that I found out when UK got to the NCAA Tourny they played tougher competition, that UK still (once again) got farther than Louisville.

And LPT? Really? That's the best you all can come up with? How can you even call UK that when you can't even beat them but 1 time in 7 games? LMAO

Ever heard of teams regressing throughout the year? It happens Texas is the best example...
Typical one-dimensional LPT thinking... What about teams improving? Doesn't that equally work against your argument? How many of the Top 20 teams you beat were worse when you played them earlier in the season?

...And UK beat that same Wisconsin team the year before so it's not like UK couldn't beat them if they played again...
I think the LPT mantra is the tourney is all that matters. I know I heard that during the double-digit loss year before. Sucks when you can't beat a good team in a single game.

...You do realize your saying that I found out when UK got to the NCAA Tourny they played tougher competition, that UK still (once again) got farther than Louisville...
I guess I gotta remind another LPT fan that this ain't about U of L... But since you brought it up, 'splain how your EIGHT NBA draft picks got one overtime game further than U of L? I thought you clowns were dominant?

...And LPT? Really? That's the best you all can come up with?...
See Matt Hayes with The Sporting News. When he retracts it, I'll follow his lead.

Just curious, you like "slapd!cks" better?

"'splain how your EIGHT NBA draft picks got one overtime game further than U of L?"

Probably because our path in the brackets didn't include:

• UC Irvine....your team got by the mighty Anteaters by 2... 57-55
  • Northern Iowa.... a one man show
  • NC State a team with 14 losses
...and a 27-11 Michigan State team....that showed your team the door.

Typical one-dimensional LPT thinking... What about teams improving? Doesn't that equally work against your argument? How many of the Top 20 teams you beat were worse when you played them earlier in the season?

I think the LPT mantra is the tourney is all that matters. I know I heard that during the double-digit loss year before. Sucks when you can't beat a good team in a single game.

I guess I gotta remind another LPT fan that this ain't about U of L... But since you brought it up, 'splain how your EIGHT NBA draft picks got one overtime game further than U of L? I thought you clowns were dominant?

See Matt Hayes with The Sporting News. When he retracts it, I'll follow his lead.

Wow almost every response came with the words similar to "typical LPT fan"... It must be a pretty immature or terrible insult if you don't want to say what it is. But you can keep your terrible comebacks over here on this board.

Wow almost every response came with the words similar to "typical LPT fan"... It must be a pretty immature or terrible insult if you don't want to say what it is. But you can keep your terrible comebacks over here on this board.[/QUOT
So why are you trolling on this board........trot on back to that cesspool uk board.

...our path in the brackets didn't include:
  • UC Irvine
  • Northern Iowa
  • NC State...
Compared to that murderers row of West Virginia, Cincy, and Hampton! You're right--I retract my statement.

(Would have included ND, but an elite program was lucky to win that game...)

"Elite program", my a$$.

Zipp your own teams message board even says what it is, where it came from, and even how old it is...nice try though, maybe try to come up with something from this decade....

LPT = Louisvilles Play Toy...who named them that again?
Johndromo1

I think that's when we used to beat them regularly. One victory in the last five years doesn't give us the right to refer to them as that now.
TheBlackJersey:
This. It was around a decade ago when he coined the phrase.

Zipp your own teams message board even says what it is, where it came from, and even how old it is...nice try though, maybe try to come up with something from this decade....

LPT = Louisvilles Play Toy...who named them that again?
Johndromo1

I think that's when we used to beat them regularly. One victory in the last five years doesn't give us the right to refer to them as that now.
TheBlackJersey:
This. It was around a decade ago when he coined the phrase.

Ty, you (and Johndromo1 and TheBlackJersey) must be 14, hence your name.

Google Matt Hayes and LPT and you'll get your answer, an answer Zipp has referred to several times already. A national (and nationally respected) sports columnist coined that phrase in the midst of Bobby Petrino's first run of dominance over UK's football team (you must've been 5-6 years old at the time, so I can't blame you entirely for not knowing). Time will tell if it still fits.

Reactions: earsky
Compared to that murderers row of West Virginia, Cincy, and Hampton! You're right--I retract my statement.

(Would have included ND, but an elite program was lucky to win that game...)

"Elite program", my a$$.

UK was the #1 overall seed, and somehow, Louisville (a 4 seed) somehow ended up with a significantly easier bracket, and still lost in the elite 8.
Also, you should include ND. Perhaps they were lucky to stay that close to Kentucky.

Ty, you (and Johndromo1 and TheBlackJersey) must be 14, hence your name.

Google Matt Hayes and LPT and you'll get your answer, an answer Zipp has referred to several times already. A national (and nationally respected) sports columnist coined that phrase in the midst of Bobby Petrino's first run of dominance over UK's football team (you must've been 5-6 years old at the time, so I can't blame you entirely for not knowing). Time will tell if it still fits.

14 is my favorite number, end of that discussion, Also I was quoting Louisville fans over on 24/7 message board so I am the only UK fan in that whole message i made, and if you actually go look at the conversation, that's exactly what they were talking about, I was only telling Zipp (who said it wasn't just Louisville or Kentucky related) that it actually was and it wasn't hard to figure out nor realize it is over a decade old and he is trying trying to make it "happen". I do remember Bobby Petrino beating UK multiple times in that stretch as well as I remember kragthorpe losing to rich brooks 4 out of 5 times. Clearly this whole conversation was about Zipp and his only comeback which is no longer relevant. Thats like me bringing up (Preston Knowles, Chane Behannon, Pitino's night with Karen, Terrance Jennings, Jerry Smith, or the later Chris Jones after every conversation).

I do remember Bobby Petrino beating UK multiple times in that stretch as well as I remember kragthorpe losing to rich brooks 4 out of 5 times.

To keep things factual, Petrino beat UK all four years of his first stretch, and Kragthorpe was only the coach at UofL for THREE years. So, he lost to Rich Brooks 3 out of 3 times.

To keep things factual, Petrino beat UK all four years of his first stretch, and Kragthorpe was only the coach at UofL for THREE years. So, he lost to Rich Brooks 3 out of 3 times.

Then it must have continued on to the first year of what's his face (the guy that went to coach Texas).

Even Ron Cooper was 2-1 against LPT. Lucky for them, I think Schnelly only got one shot.

LPT Football: It usually takes a pretty godawful coach to regularly lose to us...

UK was the #1 overall seed, and somehow, Louisville (a 4 seed) somehow ended up with a significantly easier bracket, and still lost in the elite 8. Also, you should include ND. Perhaps they were lucky to stay that close to Kentucky.
"Easier bracket", my a$$. More LPT revisionist thinking. Teams succeed in the tourney that are playing well at that point in the season. You personally witnessed the year before how an 8-seed with double digit losses could catch lightning at the right time.

And there's little or no way the selection committee can account for that. It's how/why 7-seeded Michigan State was picked by many to advance to the Final Four.

"Easier bracket", my a$$. More LPT revisionist thinking. Teams succeed in the tourney that are playing well at that point in the season. You personally witnessed the year before how an 8-seed with double digit losses could catch lightning at the right time.

And there's little or no way the selection committee can account for that. It's how/why 7-seeded Michigan State was picked by many to advance to the Final Four.

Seriously, I think your the only card fan still saying that...may want to try to come up with something more original...

West Virginia > NC State
Notre Dame >>> Michigan State

Louisville definitely ended up with the easier bracket.

Last edited by a moderator:
It all distills down to one title and one NIT with 22 five-star players, twice as many as the second highest team in the country over those six years (Duke).

That's a pretty underwhelming accomplishment without putting on blue blockers. Esp. sine the other five years, someone else won a championship too--UConn twice!

It all distills down to one title and one NIT with 22 five-star players, twice as many as the second highest team in the country over those six years (Duke).

That's a pretty underwhelming accomplishment without putting on blue blockers. Esp. sine the other five years, someone else won a championship too--UConn twice!

Still did better than UofL so big whoop, pretty sure you couldn't win a championship with those players it takes a lot skill and making the right adjustments in game. You can say all you want about the NIT season but UK barely missed the tournament and it was with our best overall player and defender Noel tearing his ACL.

But why don't you compare UK and UofL outside 1 championship each in the last 5 years and UK has twice as many final fours.

Still did better than UofL so big whoop, pretty sure you couldn't win a championship with those players it takes a lot skill and making the right adjustments in game.
Damn you are truly one obsessed blue hole.......hanging on Zipp's every word. LMAO

Time to shut this thread down. It got the expected response you would think it would of a thread touting a rival's recruit.

Reactions: Blueaz
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT