ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Those 2 seasons ended by a guy that by your logic 'can't coach', have really clouded your judgment.
Hold the presses! Looks like the courier's trying to change the subject again!!

And he's still short on facts. In "fact", you know you've nailed his LPT a$$ when he stops trying.

"Elite program", my a$$...

It's pretty simple, Zipp....all the blind hate and criticisms here for coach Cal are probably just a bi-product of have your season ended by him... Twice. (There's an undeniable fact, but I'm sure you'll offer up excuses or a lame attempt at discrediting it.)

Reactions: blubo
It's pretty simple, Zipp....all the blind hate and criticisms here for coach Cal are probably just a bi-product of have your season ended by him... Twice. (There's an undeniable fact, but I'm sure you'll offer up excuses or a lame attempt at discrediting it.)

We've hated your coach for a long time; long before he was a coach for the all-time winningest (and most NCAA-penalized) basketball program. We hated him when we had his number at Memphis; you know, back when he was a coach that you all your fellow UK fans knew was dirty. We hated him not because he was cheating (that came toward the end of his tenure at Memphis; you might recall he cost them a national championship through incompetence, a final four because of cheating and a season's worth of wins as well). We hated him because he was (and still is) a whiny, manipulative, dishonest piece of crap. Ask John Chaney what he thinks of him. Ask Nolan Cromwell what he thinks of him. Ask Bobby Knight. Beyond some rap stars, some sycophantic journalists and BBN, NOBODY likes him.

Last edited:
Reactions: pervisl
Chaney & Bobby Knight?? You're holding up the opinions of someone who would "send in the goon" and another who was quite the "goon" himself? There goes any credibility you thought you had in that statement.

Memphis is a uofl rival.... lumping UK fans in with you as fans that hated him when he was at Memphis....probably not that accurate. At least not for me... I rarely pay any attention to any C-USA teams.

...and again, you're projecting the actions of a player (Derrick Rose) on the coach. As if John was sitting there taking his SAT's for him. The point is, you only see things as far as your agenda allows. Forget that the NCAA cleared Rose to play....TWICE.

...don't let the facts slow down those theories and allegations of yours. Carry on.

Nothing to say about Nolan Cromwell? Right.
Nothing to say about Calipari's withering performance when under the spotlight? Right
Nothing to say about how your hero Matt Jones scathingly disparaged Calipari? Right.
And you still believe the fairy tale that Calipari didn't know what was going on with Rose's SAT being taken in a different city and allegedly by a person who wasn't Derrick Rose? Right.

You're the one who spends seemingly all day, everyday monitoring UofL message boards and posting constantly. If someone has an agenda, it's you. Perhaps you've heard the saying, "Methinks she doth protest too much"? It would seem to apply to you 100%.

Nolan Cromwell.... reminds me of a guy that played for the Rams years ago. No idea what the connection is with him and Cal.
"Withering performance when under the spotlight".... Yawwwn. Only Coach K has had a better last 6 years.
"Matt Jones scathingly disparaged Calipari" ....only to later recant the statement and admit he was wrong.
The Derrick Rose scenario.....only people like YOU want to put that on Cal. Funny....nobody else does, not Rose OR the NCAA.

Explained this whole message board thing before. To guide the misguided.... that's the purpose.

It's pretty simple, Zipp....all the blind hate and criticisms here for coach Cal are probably just a bi-product of have your season ended by him...
Courier by day. LPT psychologist by night.

And don't strain yourself trying. This thread's solely about a misguided LPT kid finding out the truth about himself as he will about his "college" next year.

The only one bringing up other issues is an apprentice courier/shrink with too much time on his hands.

We've hated your coach for a long time; long before he was a coach for the all-time winningest (and most NCAA-penalized) basketball program. We hated him when we had his number at Memphis; you know, back when he was a coach that you all your fellow UK fans knew was dirty. We hated him not because he was cheating (that came toward the end of his tenure at Memphis; you might recall he cost them a national championship through incompetence, a final four because of cheating and a season's worth of wins as well). We hated him because he was (and still is) a whiny, manipulative, dishonest piece of crap. Ask John Chaney what he thinks of him. Ask Nolan Cromwell what he thinks of him. Ask Bobby Knight. Beyond some rap stars, some sycophantic journalists and BBN, NOBODY likes him.

Actually if you do research, Kansas has been the most penalized basketball team but good try though.

I'm supposed to take your word for it? No thanks.

I know you got the death penalty in the 40's or 50's; and you should have received it in the 80's; and I'm pretty sure you'll be facing that specter again here before too long but you keep your head in the sand. That's fine.

"I'm pretty sure you'll be facing that specter again here before too long"

...keep those hopes up, but don't keep those fingers crossed....you'll get arthritis doing that for so long.

I know you got the death penalty in the 40's or 50's; and you should have received it in the 80's; and I'm pretty sure you'll be facing that specter again here before too long but you keep your head in the sand. That's fine.

I didn't say take my word for it. I said if you do your research. Big difference. I keep hearing that we will again face sanctions in the future. Maybe we will. Maybe we won't. To keep saying it as a definite is definitely keeping your head in the sand regarding what the NCAA has found at UK since before Pitino and what they have punished Cal for in his entire coaching career.

I didn't say take my word for it. I said if you do your research. Big difference. I keep hearing that we will again face sanctions in the future. Maybe we will. Maybe we won't. To keep saying it as a definite is definitely keeping your head in the sand regarding what the NCAA has found at UK since before Pitino and what they have punished Cal for in his entire coaching career.
You mean "I love to side step, slick as owl poop cal". LOL

It's taboo to talk about the 80's and Eric Manual.Didn't you know?

1st round loss in the NCAA is far worse than a first round loss in the NIT, Zipp.

Actually quite the opposite..you lost to a team in the first round that couldn't even make the big dance. Now that's embarrassing. Don't let facts get in the way tho

...yeah, maybe one fact you're leaving out is that without Noel, the season for UK was effectually over at that point. Not going to the NCAA tournament was a given. What was the cards' excuse for making the tourney only to have little ol' Morehead St. show them the door?

Kentucky was pre season #3 that year, when Noel went down they were already a bubble team. Louisville wasn't ranked pre season and lost to a team that easily had the best player, we still would've won had Preston not gotten hurt late in the game. Again, you guys were #3 going into the season and were a bubble team playing an SEC schedule...and we're not talking football, SEC basketball is bad.

Reactions: Steelers2012
It's taboo to talk about the 80's and Eric Manual.Didn't you know?

I must have missed where he said most penalized team in the 80s.

I do agree with Card fans that a first round loss in the NIT is worse than a first round loss in the NCAA. Whether we make the NCAA with Noel makes no difference. Even without Noel, we should have beaten Robert Morris. Everything aligned for an upset in that game though. The media surrounding the defunding champs not making the tournament to having to play a "road game" cause Memorial Coliseum wasn't available.

Also if you are going to cite Noel's injury as a reason for the NIT and loss, you have to at least acknowledge Preston Knowles injury for UL against Morehead in the NCAA tournament.

I'm a UK fan but I am reasonable.

Reactions: Steelers2012
1st round loss in the NCAA is far worse than a first round loss in the NIT, Zipp.
Sure, because the competition is much tougher in the NIT. :rolleyes:

Is this your day to deliver documents on Mars?

...yeah, maybe one fact you're leaving out is that without Noel, the season for UK was effectually over at that point. Not going to the NCAA tournament was a given. What was the cards' excuse for making the tourney only to have little ol' Morehead St. show them the door?
LPT had the #1 recruiting class in the nation that year and was ranked #1 in some preseason polls. Kinda hard to rationalize that you were one good player, and not the #1 pick in the draft BTW, from the NIT.

And your two best wins--Florida and Missouri--that season occurred AFTER Noel was injured.

But why let the facts stand in the way of little LPT revisionist history?

"we still would've won had Preston not gotten hurt late in the game."

Oh, I see.... the injury excuse only works for uofl. Ok....

Rankings are far more different than results. Florida was unranked in one of the years where they won a National Title....

Rankings are far more different than results. Florida was unranked in one of the years where they won a National Title....
Is that kinda like "bids" to the NCAA tourney vs. actual tourney results?

Just wanna make sure I'm tracking courier logic on a Thursday.

If you watched....it was obvious from the start they didn't want to be there. Jerrod Polson had maybe the best game of his career. Even Cal said it "would have been a shame" if Wiltjer's last second shot went in.

You're just doing the usual, Zipp. Talking in circles. The rankings for the 2012-2013 team were obviously way off....Noel was a defensive stopper, but didn't offer a lot on offense. That team needed to rely on a transfer from Wright St to provide offense.....sounds familiar with what your team will be dealing with this year.

If you watched....it was obvious from the start they didn't want to be there. Jerrod Polson had maybe the best game of his career. Even Cal said it "would have been a shame" if Wiltjer's last second shot went in.
Why would I watch an NIT game or be interested in the logic of LPT fans?

There are a couple questions in the last several posts you're conveniently avoiding. Courier silence.

You're just doing the usual, Zipp. Talking in circles. The rankings for the 2012-2013 team were obviously way off....Noel was a defensive stopper, but didn't offer a lot on offense. That team needed to rely on a transfer from Wright St to provide offense.....sounds familiar with what your team will be dealing with this year.
We're not talking about this year's team here, though nice attempt at deflection. "Talking in circles" means you don't like the facts and questions...

Rankings can be way off, but NCAA bids are accurate. Do I have that right?

And why then did LPT show up at Robert Morris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT