ADVERTISEMENT

How can we beat ND

ND is still ND, the same team that gave OSU all it wanted before giving up the go-ahead TD with only 10 men on the field in the last few seconds. Remember this was the first loss to any ACC team.

Rather than minimizing the Irish, about giving this UL football team credit for beating a top ten team in every imaginable way …… particularly at the LOS?

I will admit I was wrong. Louisville dominated the line of scrimmage. I think the crowd plus Louisville Dline created a ton of problems for Notre Dame.

Reactions: cardrock
ND is still ND, the same team that gave OSU all it wanted before giving up the go-ahead TD with only 10 men on the field in the last few seconds. Remember this was the first loss to any ACC team.

Rather than minimizing the Irish, about giving this UL football team credit for beating a top ten team in every imaginable way …… particularly at the LOS?
This ND team is one of the most overrated teams in recent memory. Their close loss to OSU does little to change this as the Buckeyes are also overrated.

This doesn't mean they're a bad team, just not a top 10 team. The talk by the announcers during the game that ND's playoff chances were in jeapordy was ridiculous. And not once was Louisville mentioned as a playoff team as they dispatched ND in every way.

Of course I give Louisville credit as it took a complete effort to win when virtually everyone in the sport didn't think they could. The disrespect the Cards were receiving as a team going up in class against ND was nauseating.

ND will lose at least two more games.

RealVille: ND has already played three (3) top 25 teams; and have top 10 USC next week and Clemson later on this season.

You are making the point I made in another thread; specifically how some folks will minimize ND if UL wins, as it fits a pattern that has been going on forever.

Over-rated is “in the eyes of the beholder”; ND sure looked pedestrian last night, but for you and others to advance that opinion, you are diminishing the fact that UL had much to do with it.

As for me, I think Duke, Ohio State, UL, USC and even Clemson are most formidable opponents. I reserve judgement on ranking teams based on who they have played over the course of the regular season.

My minimizing of ND came before yesterday, that's why I was confident the Cards would win. They're going to lose twice more, maybe three.

In my opinion the pundits just assumed Hartman would make ND some playoff contender because ND has to be held up. They haven't played like a playoff team against any of their formidable opponents.

I have this opinion independent of the Louisville game. The Cards, like the Irish, haven't always looked so great, but the difference is Louisville wasn't considered a possible playoff team.

The Cards best the Irish at their own game because they're better. That's it. If that diminishes ND for some people, oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT