ADVERTISEMENT

FSU QB released video

He should be able to go out and let off some steam without some skank using racial slurs and knees to the groin just for bumping into her.

If she did use a racial slur, which is just hearsay at this point, it still doesn't give someone the right to hit anyone, you will go to jail. Especially if it's a female and it's all caught on camera.

He should be able to go out and let off some steam without some skank using racial slurs and knees to the groin just for bumping into her.

Athletes getting a full ride at a big time college athletic program need to make good decisions in regards to where and how they are going to spend their time off the field. I understand the background of the players and I know what kids their age are doing socially but given what the player has at stake he simply shouldn't be hanging out in that environment.

If she did use a racial slur, which is just hearsay at this point, it still doesn't give someone the right to hit anyone, you will go to jail. Especially if it's a female and it's all caught on camera.

She swung and missed. Does that count? I think it does.

What happens if I go to a bar and start using racial slurs. It's OK. I'm the victim if someone kicks my @ss for doing so ...Is that what we're really endorsing here? Or just women are allowed to do that for some crazy reason. I didn't know they had a separate code of conduct for public behavior.

What happens if I go to a bar and start using racial slurs. It's OK. I'm the victim if someone kicks my @ss for doing so ...Is that what we're really endorsing here? Or just women are allowed to do that for some crazy reason. I didn't know they had a separate code of conduct for public behavior.

I'm endorsing a potential future NFL player who is getting a free ride @ a major university to think about his future when he decides on what kind of environment he decides to hang out in off the field.

It is understood the bar environment is full of individuals that make bad decisions under the influence of alcohol and/or additional influences...making it in the best interest of the student/athlete to not hang out there.

I didn't say that, if you walk into a joint a start dropping bombs you deserve an ass whooping.
Are you endorsing a man hitting a woman? Because nobody but him says she said that, and it was after the fact. But even then you don't punch a woman in the gd face, Jesus Christ of all the things you can do, punching her in the face is the worst option.
How bout just controlling yourself and walking away? Is it really hard to not hit a female? When you do something like that there are repercussions and he's feeling them now. Deservedly

Athletes getting a full ride at a big time college athletic program need to make good decisions in regards to where and how they are going to spend their time off the field. I understand the background of the players and I know what kids their age are doing socially but given what the player has at stake he simply shouldn't be hanging out in that environment.

Not flaming...But have you ever wondered how these guys made it to college to begin with if their attitude is to go slugging women for no good reason? Seems strange to me.

@ Bill. You seem like a naive hayseed. Good thing you don't have anything someone wants. These guys on the other hand provide notoriety good or bad for some of these women.

Not flaming...But have you ever wondered how these guys made it to college to begin with if their attitude is to go slugging women for no good reason? Seems strange to me.

I'm not claiming he has a history of bad decisions or saying he intended to find an altercation. I am certain he didn't wake up in the morning seeking a woman to slug for no reason.

I'm saying the "nightclub" atmosphere should probably be avoided by football stars in college and the pros in most instances. The reason is, those places consist of mostly people that have their decision making skills compromised by alcohol and there is a reasonable chance something bad can happen to you in that environment.

You're looking at this through a narrow lens, I'm looking @ the big picture.

@ Bill. You seem like a naive hayseed. Good thing you don't have anything someone wants. These guys on the other hand provide notoriety good or bad for some of these women.

Yea, I guess so, and you sound like an insecure man who thinks it's fine to hit a woman. How's that island feel like

In what world do you live in where hitting a female is ok? Please someone chime in, I'd like to know more about this world where domestic abuse is not frowned upon.

Yea, I guess so, and you sound like an insecure man who thinks it's fine to hit a woman. How's that island feel like

Actually hayseed, I'm more interested in the act(s), you're too focused on the gender. Which is politically incorrect. Something tells me you're compensating here, not me. ;)

In what world do you live in where hitting a female is ok? Please someone chime in, I'd like to know more about this world where domestic abuse is not frowned upon.

It's been my experience in life that those that act the most righteous in whatever category often are the biggest offenders. Enjoy your high horse. I guess the topic here was over your head.

No, I'm pretty sure I understand exactly that you're scrambling trying to grab some sort of respect out of an utterly ridiculous point of view.
I get it, football players are high profile, and are targets for people. But hitting a female is not the right or proper thing to do no matter what. I'm not compensating, I'm not hiding anything, I'm acting like a man, like any decent man would do. I partied is right, when you get around inebriated people, generally nothing good comes from it, especially if you're high profile. Point being, there are ways to handle a situation without punching her in the face wouldn't you agree?

This isn't about UK and Louisville, our choice of schools we root for has no bearing on this situation. What we accept as right or wrong is, I don't care if she spit in his face, you do not hit a woman. And if you do you better expect ramifications, because there will be. Arrest, loss of job, kicked off a team or all the above. If it's worth losing all that, then hit the girl, but I don't want to hear you try to justify it afterwards because you were wrong. End of story

Omega he is just debating with you. Cease the name calling.

Personally I do not think she was using racial slurs. To many African Americans try to use that as an excuse for bad behavior now days like it is some kind of catch all.
I do however believe she was a drunken idiot who initiated physical contact and though he tried stave it off, she did not relent.
Based on what I saw on tape. If in the law all people are equal there is no way he can be prosecuted. She was the aggressor and made first contact. I don't want to hear the chivalrous never hit a woman B.S. . I don't and won't because of the social morality ingrained into me. Because I "feel" one way makes no difference.

Imagine if those were two guys. Everyone on here would being say he was justified. So in these days of equality the same argument must be used for women. If violence is not an ok way to settle a dispute then it can't be for women either. She should be charged and prosecuted. By giving this idiot chick a pass, you give her permission.

Lastly what if it was Rhonda Rousey he had bumped into? We wouldn't be having the discussion because she would have dropped him, and he would have sulked away from the bar. Guys understand Rousey can kick your butt, yes yours. I'm 5'11" 210 and cut, ex military, trained fighter and she could kick mine, so shut up. If she starts a fight with a guy in a pub and breaks his jaw and arm, is that OK?

Reactions: OmegaCard
Cardfan, I understand where you're coming from. She had no business acting like an idiot, but punching her in the face is not the way to handle that, can we all agree on that? In no setting in our society is that the acceptable, and just because someone is a good football player doesn't make them unaccountable to their actions.

Ronda Rousey at 135 lbs is not dropping a 220 lb D-1 football player.

Totally agree Bill, not the way to handle it. But there is no way he should be charged, without her being charged also.
I believe Rousey could drop a 220 lb football player (not all mind you). She is strong and very skilled. She spars with 175 lb men all the time and whips them.

Funny, I see it the exact opposite. Yeah, that would be nice. But the majority of college athletes drink. Especially football!

I agree, I believe roughly 80% of student athletes reported they drink, I read this somewhere not long ago.

What I'm saying is they need to be educated and given a hard stance by coaching staffs because there are some considerably negative consequences associated with drinking.

This FSU player isn't the first, and won't be the last to have his career railed by off the field problems.

Too bad they can't all just be like Teddy huh?

Reactions: OmegaCard
Omega he is just debating with you. Cease the name calling.

Personally I do not think she was using racial slurs. To many African Americans try to use that as an excuse for bad behavior now days like it is some kind of catch all.
I do however believe she was a drunken idiot who initiated physical contact and though he tried stave it off, she did not relent.
Based on what I saw on tape. If in the law all people are equal there is no way he can be prosecuted. She was the aggressor and made first contact. I don't want to hear the chivalrous never hit a woman B.S. . I don't and won't because of the social morality ingrained into me. Because I "feel" one way makes no difference.

Imagine if those were two guys. Everyone on here would being say he was justified. So in these days of equality the same argument must be used for women. If violence is not an ok way to settle a dispute then it can't be for women either. She should be charged and prosecuted. By giving this idiot chick a pass, you give her permission.

You're right. But I kinda felt like he was indirectly suggesting I support violence against women when actually I'm for an equal playing field for all. Interesting though you looked at "hayseed" as a form of aggression. Which it is. FWIW, cops are trained to use force against women. They also use force against racial slurs.

If only I was as smart at 18 as I am now.

Reactions: Cardfan1963
I agree, I believe roughly 80% of student athletes reported they drink, I read this somewhere not long ago.

What I'm saying is they need to be educated and given a hard stance by coaching staffs because there are some considerably negative consequences associated with drinking.

This FSU player isn't the first, and won't be the last to have his career railed by off the field problems.

Too bad they can't all just be like Teddy huh?

I'd add that we/media should start to look closer at these women's behavior/motives before we go passing judgement. These guys don't have the experience yet to understand they are targets.

I'd add that we/media should start to look closer at these women's behavior/motives before we go passing judgement. These guys don't have the experience yet to understand they are targets.
Good point. Agreed. I went through an anti terrorist driving school while in the Military and they taught us to shoot the women first. Why? They were more likey to shoot first, in that they tended to shoot first to prove their worth. Secondly it would upset the men's composure seeing the female shot. Much like we have seen in the reaction here.

You're right. But I kinda felt like he was indirectly suggesting I support violence against women when actually I'm for an equal playing field for all. Interesting though you looked at "hayseed" as a form of aggression. Which it is

You can be aggressive toward me, it's just words, they do no harm that's my point.
And it isn't an equal playing field in most cases of men and women physically. Especially a D1 football player.
It's just not logical to suggest it's ok for a man to retaliate physically against a woman.
Do you think the young man should be allowed to continue playing for Florida St?

You can be aggressive toward me, it's just words, they do no harm that's my point.
And it isn't an equal playing field in most cases of men and women physically. Especially a D1 football player.
It's just not logical to suggest it's ok for a man to retaliate physically against a woman.
Do you think the young man should be allowed to continue playing for Florida St?

Few fights are. The EKU/UK fight was a serious sucker punch. Anyone get expelled? And most people lesser physically don't go swinging at D1 football players. They walk away. The fact that she felt she could fight back...she got exactly what she wanted! Why is that so hard for you to understand? SHE NEVER FEARED FOR HER LIFE.

What about a cop that uses force on a women? You got a problem with that? Even Card1963 says military encourages taking the women out first. You got a problem with that? Before you go saying the situations aren't the same..they are. A bar is a dangerous place.

I do. He should run wind sprints until he pukes and then run some more wind sprints. That would be a far more EQUAL outcome for both participants in this unfortunate event.

Well, I'll be honest. I don't think he should be kicked off either, I don't think it does anyone any good. I think he should probably lose his freshman year of eligibility. He obviously made a dumb dumb dumb decision. And I imagine that goes back to a lack of father figure in his life, but that's no fault of his own. But there's a lesson to be learned here as well, when you make dumb decisions there's repercussions. It's a shame for everyone involved.
As for the UK EKU fight while its stupid, comparing a 300 lb man to what appeared to be a woman probably 140 tops isn't the same.
I can see you're point about equality, but equality in workplace and everyday living isn't the same as physical equality. An average sized man can absolutely destroy an averaged sized woman it's not chauvinistic it's just reality. Now if you're life is in danger, that's a whole different ballgame, but that girl was obviously blind drunk in that video, she was no threat to him. It's just a bad situation.

Reactions: Cardfan1963
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT