ADVERTISEMENT

FSU QB released video

OmegaCard

Two-Star Poster
Mar 27, 2014
Anyone catch this video yet? In no way am I suggesting hitting women is OK. Nor do I really know the specifics of what happened. But what the heck. Why is it OK for women( drunk women) to swing at males with no repercussion? Right or wrong this women cost this young man a significant opportunity because she felt she could swing freely at him. Basically daring him to punch back. It looks like she took the first punch and was talking crap from the get go. Something needs to change or these guys will become targets.

Where I come from if someone swings at you it's only a natural response to punch back. In a drunken state I imagine it's even harder to refrain.

Anyone catch this video yet? In no way am I suggesting hitting women is OK. Nor do I really know the specifics of what happened. But what the heck. Why is it OK for women( drunk women) to swing at males with no repercussion? Right or wrong this women cost this young man a significant opportunity because she felt she could swing freely at him. Basically daring him to punch back. It looks like she took the first punch and was talking crap from the get go. Something needs to change or these guys will become targets.

Where I come from if someone swings at you it's only a natural response to punch back. In a drunken state I imagine it's even harder to refrain.

I think your third sentence summarizes your post very succinctly.

A man doesn't hit a woman. We're all taught that at a young age.
The only person that cost him his future is him. Personal restraint though at times can be difficult, is a necessity.

Reactions: atiba
A man doesn't hit a woman. We're all taught that at a young age.
The only person that cost him his future is him. Personal restraint though at times can be difficult, is a necessity.

I was raised the same way. I also was raised not to go throwing punches at people without expecting them to throw back. So, when did it become OK for women to start throwing punches at men? Who endorses that kind of behavior? A man has a right to protect himself no matter the assailant.

IMO this young lady threw the punch knowing one of two outcomes would happen...he'd do nothing or he would react and this would blow up and ruin his name. Is that really what women have become today? Is that what they are learning? --Drunk at a bar throwing punches at people. That's not my definition of a women.

I'm not saying she was an innocent victim. But I would hope a D1 football player would have the where with all to handle the situation without punching her in the face.

She swings at him after trying to break free of his grip. He has her right wrist gripped and her left arm gripped. She tries to kick him off and someone off screen tries to pull his arms off the girl. When the girl's left arm finally breaks free of his grip she swings at him, but fails to escape from his grip before he punches her in the face.

"Swing freely of him"? Is this your opinion off a vine of what happened?

She swings at him after trying to break free of his grip. He has her right wrist gripped and her left arm gripped. She tries to kick him off and someone off screen tries to pull his arms off the girl. When the girl's left arm finally breaks free of his grip she swings at him, but fails to escape from his grip before he punches her in the face.

The earlier reports didn't give a blow by blow of what happened nor did I study the film. With that said, and if it went down like you said, would you swing on a guy knowing he could kick your butt? Shouldn't she have walked away and reported it?
Her poor decision got her a bruised nose. His....very extreme.

What do you think her expectations where throwing that punch anyways?

FWIW, I just saw a better resolution video and I can see why he's taking heat. He should have walked away. But I still feel it takes 2 to tango and it looked like there was history here before the finale.

I guess I'm still pissed about CJ and see these guys becoming targets.

"would you swing on a guy knowing he could kick your butt? Shouldn't she have walked away and reported it?
Her poor decision got her a bruised nose."

Dude, do you have any women in your life? A mom,sister,wife? Would you ask them the same questions?

I guess you have never been a victim of a crime. It does not take "2 to tango". Nor should we question women about their decisions when a man has his hands on them. What is wrong with you?

I don't believe the girl and the QB were acquainted, like that matters at all.

"would you swing on a guy knowing he could kick your butt? Shouldn't she have walked away and reported it?
Her poor decision got her a bruised nose."

Dude, do you have any women in your life? A mom,sister,wife? Would you ask them the same questions?

I guess you have never been a victim of a crime. It does not take "2 to tango". Nor should we question women about their decisions when a man has his hands on them. What is wrong with you?

I don't believe the girl and the QB were acquainted, like that matters at all.

I've been very fortunate to have wonderful women in my life. --Doctors, lawyers, bankers. Not one of them would have suggested taking matters into their own hands. Just ask a cop what you should do in this situation. --Disengage and get help! Especially in a crowded bar with bouncers and bartenders. Why applaud her for throwing a punch knowing only bad can come from it? So I question her intent.

Depends how you define victim I guess. I have had a bloody nose and would take one all day every day versus loosing my career.

Trust me, if this guy just went crazy on a girl he didn't know at a bar, I think he should be jailed. If things had been building earlier in the night, and escalating, two were doing the tango. Either could have left and went to a different bar.

My initial concern with the OP is these guys are becoming targets. Certain young women will realize they hold a distinct advantage over these guys due to the political climate. I'm concerned that only one side is being held accountable for their actions in the media.

Maybe one day you'll grow up and realize life isn't what it seems to be. People make mistakes. There's good and bad in everything.

Bill D said it all A man does not hit a woman. Period. What is happening to our values?

What happened to our women? The same person that told you not to hit a women wasn't talking about a drunk chic at a bar throwing punches at men. I'm pretty sure women were taught to disengage and get help..yet, no one is questioning her actions.

She'll be fine yet his life is ?????

I guess they get equality with conditions.

The earlier reports didn't give a blow by blow of what happened nor did I study the film. With that said, and if it went down like you said, would you swing on a guy knowing he could kick your butt? Shouldn't she have walked away and reported it?
Her poor decision got her a bruised nose. His....very extreme.

What do you think her expectations where throwing that punch anyways?
A punch that was so weak that if it connected would have done nothing compared to what she got back in return. Hate to see what his response would 've been if she did hit him.

In today's world if your hit and don t hit back your being assaulted if you hit back (even in defense) it's a fight and your going to jail. The good old days are way in the past. In social settings with today's technology your constantly on display and have to be smarter.

A punch that was so weak that if it connected would have done nothing compared to what she got back in return. Hate to see what his response would 've been if she did hit him.

In today's world if your hit and don t hit back your being assaulted if you hit back (even in defense) it's a fight and your going to jail. The good old days are way in the past. In social settings with today's technology your constantly on display and have to be smarter.

Aggression is aggression. It doesn't matter where it comes from today. What if she poked his eye out? Once you put aggression in play, you have to expect retaliation. I'm not saying he didn't take things too far..but what do these women expect these days? She knows he'll get crucified if he retaliates towards her actions, that's why she did it. She never feared for her life. She dared him to do it...and that's a problem. While you wouldn't take the bait, he unfortunately did. Now he's all over EVERY newscast. Her...poor thing. What if it was your son in this situation?

Aggression is aggression. It doesn't matter where it comes from today. What if she poked his eye out? Once you put aggression in play, you have to expect retaliation. I'm not saying he didn't take things too far..but what do these women expect these days? She knows he'll get crucified if he retaliates towards her actions, that's why she did it. She never feared for her life. She dared him to do it...and that's a problem. While you wouldn't take the bait, he unfortunately did. Now he's all over EVERY newscast. Her...poor thing. What if it was your son in this situation?
I don't know if she dared him or not or if he deliberately punched her or not. I can't make up any what ifs or pass judgements and yes there are two sides to every event.

But I have told all four of my son's that regardless of the circumstances you can not hit a woman in today's world because you will loose. Walk away and life will go on as you know it. Hit a woman and your life changes drastically.

I also have a daughter and I have taught her to protect herself from assault and talked to her about abusive men.

There are so many people on medication now days and when they go out drinking the booze only enhances the effects and they become people they are not.

Parental talks can not just be about the birds and the bees. There is so much more going on in society today that you have to prepare your family members for. It's not as it was even twenty years ago.

I don't know if she dared him or not or if he deliberately punched her or not. I can't make up any what ifs or pass judgements and yes there are two sides to every event.

But I have told all four of my son's that regardless of the circumstances you can not hit a woman in today's world because you will loose. Walk away and life will go on as you know it. Hit a woman and your life changes drastically.

I also have a daughter and I have taught her to protect herself from assault and talked to her about abusive men.

There are so many people on medication now days and when they go out drinking the booze only enhances the effects and they become people they are not.

Parental talks can not just be about the birds and the bees. There is so much more going on in society today that you have to prepare your family members for. It's not as it was even twenty years ago.

I agree. Though I would suggest you teach your daughter to seek help rather than confront her attacker in a crowded bar..Let's keep apples to apples. This wasn't in some abandoned alley.

That half punch half scratch towards the eyes could have had serious consequences if it connected. And on a primitive level I think it sparks a reaction before one thinks. She intended to do harm. Yet that is OK because he's a male and she's a female?

Just thought it was worth a message board topic, but since I'm doing nothing but defending..maybe I should just quit. Oh, Chivalry has been dead a long long time.--That would suggest inequality these days.

Are we really trying to justify a d1 football player striking a woman? Think about that for a minute.

I have. I see it more as a young lady thinking she can swing at a D1 football player. And why? In case you're not aware we recently had a star player accused of rape on the eve of living out his dream. He was acquitted but the damage was done.

If you follow USA today, they've seem to have a h@rdon for FSU because of Winston. Since the media never has any honest debate, I thought this would be a good forum for it. He might have grabbed her but she DID swing at his face!

I wouldn't swing at a D1 football player so not sure why a young women would either.

Last edited:
I have. I see it more as a young lady thinking she can swing at a D1 football player. And why? In case you're not aware we recently had a star player accused of rape on the eve of living out his dream. He was acquitted but the damage was done.

If you follow USA today, they've seem to have a h@rdon for FSU because of Winston. Since the media never has any honest debate, I thought this would be a good forum for it. He might have grabbed her but she DID swing at his face!

I wouldn't swing at a D1 football player so not sure why a young women would either.
Yep, and if she just wouldn't have dressed so nicely, he wouldn't have had to try to buy her a drink. And if she hadn't politely declined the drink, he wouldn't have had to grab her by the arms and refuse to let go. Somebody needs to teach that girl some manners!

Yep, and if she just wouldn't have dressed so nicely, he wouldn't have had to try to buy her a drink. And if she hadn't politely declined the drink, he wouldn't have had to grab her by the arms and refuse to let go. Somebody needs to teach that girl some manners!

Dressed so nicely? Do you live in a trailer park or something? Witnesses heard racial slurs, she throws punches and knees to the groin for bumping into her. What a lady!

She at least got her moment of fame. What a fine representation of today's modern women.

Last edited:
If she were on an athletic scholarship would she have been dismissed from the team?

Of course not. It's that whole double standard. That's why no women's sport will ever be taking seriously. When they act like boys and get a boy's response they then play the female card. ;)

How come that UK/EKU sucker punch posted here not so long ago didn't make the nightly news. It was a far more violent act..Because it doesn't further that "non-biased agenda" ;)

Maybe because it was 2 men. And with the history FSU has had in the recent past with these same circumstances people thought it was more news worthy. Just a guess

Are we really trying to justify a d1 football player striking a woman? Think about that for a minute.

There's one easy way to know who can hit who, nobody should hit anybody. But if you do decide to strike someone, you had better be prepared to face retaliation. Why do the majority of posters feel this rule, which is the norm in all of society, does not apply to women?

What made me post in the first place was the video seemed like a fight... Not domestic violence. So it got me thinking. Funny thing is I'd bet most women would tell you they agree with us.

There's one easy way to know who can hit who, nobody should hit anybody. But if you do decide to strike someone, you had better be prepared to face retaliation. Why do the majority of posters feel this rule, which is the norm in all of society, does not apply to women?

You can't be serious, right?

A grown man doesn't hit a woman, sad state of affairs if we're trying to justify it.

Politically incorrect to say so, but that is correct. If she had pulled out a gun and shot him, is it OK to shoot back? They're each different levels of the crime of battery...

Just for pure argument sake, what if Ronda Rousey takes a swing at a guy in a bar? Does he get to swing back then? (Provided she doesn't knock him out the first time...)

Reactions: Mayoman
What if it's an openly gay guy fighting a women? --Does the wang still count?
What about Bruce Jenner? --Does he get to fight women now?

See how inequality becomes so complicated. That's why it should be if you throw first punch, or start aggression (like racial slurs at a bar) be prepared to take it like a man!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cardfan1963
Even if the woman did use a racial slur, it doesn't give a man the right to go full rage on her and hit her.
There is zero excuse for him hitting her, none.

Even if the woman did use a racial slur, it doesn't give a man the right to go full rage on her and hit her.
There is zero excuse for him hitting her, none.

So I guess a women is an innocent victim in your eyes no matter what? That's fine. You can pretend that makes you a more honorable man. It doesn't but you can think that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion...even a man. ;)

So I guess a women is an innocent victim in your eyes no matter what? That's fine. You can pretend that makes you a more honorable man. It doesn't but you can think that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion...even a man. ;)

I didn't say she was an innocent victim, but as a man you don't punch a woman. I'm not pretending anything, a man does not strike a woman...ever.
There's ways to deal with something like that other than punching her.

He was holding her arms because she was swinging at at him, he was clearly using that grip defensively. The thing to do would been to cross her arms on a return stroke, give her a little shove to gain distance, back away and run. He then could be the one pressing charges.

I'm not saying she was an innocent victim. But I would hope a D1 football player would have the where with all to handle the situation without punching her in the face.

He was @ a bar, obviously buzzed at the least. He puts himself in a position where mostly bad things can happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT