ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Cards off to good start 1-0

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Cards won their 1st game of the season down in Clearwater winning 5-1 against Alabama State. Funkhouser went 7 innings, 12 k's giving up only 1 hit and 1 BB. Hitting was led by Solak with 1 hit, 2 rbis, Ray 2 hits, 1 rbi, Taylor 2 hits, 1 rbi and Rosenbaum 2 hits. Henzman pitched the final 2 innings.

Funkhouser seems to be pitching like a future 1st round draft choice. Don't know how tough the competition faced yesterday, but he seemed to be on his game with the strikeouts and limited walks.

well tough loss to a solid team today. Lots of runs in this one they were just able to put up a couple more then we were. Tough first outing for Rogers. 4 innings of BP for Fullerton with him on the hill but he will bounce back we know what he can do

Sure hope Rogers bounces back. Not too big a deal if he doesn't. They are loaded at pitcher! Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as the midweek starter if he has another performance like this next time out. 2-1 wasn't a bad weekend but I sure would have liked to come out of that 3-0.

Originally posted by cardfan1569:

2-1 wasn't a bad weekend but I sure would have liked to come out of that 3-0

I agree but I think this is our 5th year in a row we have gone 2-1 in the opening weekend. At least this year it was to a ranked Fullerton team. Last year was to Citadel in South Carolina and a couple years ago it was to Minnesota. Yes, that Minnesota

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT