ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tourney thread

Whew. Got out of that - thank goodness. Still 6-3 Cards heading to the 7th.

Reactions: earsky
And...another fielding error. Our poor pitchers get put in bad situations wayyy too often by poor fielding.

The continued base running mishaps are maddening. It must mean Coach McDonnell allows it because he wants to put pressure on the defense. But in this game alone there's been several runs left on the field due to poor base running.

And we know what that's going to lead to.

Now tied 6-6. Elliot gets hammered with 3-run line-drive HR. Gahhhhhhhhh

What did I just say?

McDonnell has continued to make the wrong decisions with his pitching choices. No reason to bring Elliot in or to keep him in after the walk.

Now he brings in Kirian. Makes no sense. He's coaching this like a regular season game and not a win or go home game.

This entire season has been one huge mystery.

Reactions: Bardman
Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why

Makes no sense to run a suicide squeeze.

Reactions: PHCARD
You can't make this shit up. No matter how you look at it, Louisville baseball was meant to crash and burn this season.

If I could make a bet that GT will win the game in the bottom of the 9th, I would bet a thousand dollars.

McDonnell brought it on himself again with the squeeze play. It boggles the mind what's going on with this team.

Reactions: Deeva and Bardman
Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why

Makes no sense to run a suicide squeeze.
What made McDonnell think this time it would work out? I mean how many times can you mess up on the bases but still try a suicide squeeze? It just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Deeva
So they're just going to stop broadcasting the game to show strongman competition show?

Everything associated with UofL suffers. It's mind boggling.

Reactions: Bardman
So they're just going to stop broadcasting the game to show strongman competition show?

Everything associated with UofL suffers. It's mind boggling.
I have been watching it on the espn app, but I live in Wisconsin so I don’t know if it would play on the app because it’s a local channel. Hopefully this helps.

THIS SUCKS.. WE NEED TO REVIEW THE USEFULNESS OF THE ACC NET WORK,
Have to say they can take the ACC network and flush it down the toilet. I have never seen a network leave a live sporting event for some taped TV show.

Some heads got to roll on this.

Can we EVER win a GD review?? Moth was sure he was out. Now the game is tied.

And of course a replay goes against the Cards and that's all folks.

If Cards fans are weary as I am about this season they should not be too upset if we don't make the tournament.

Everything is against this team this season. Everything!

Well there you go. Why did any of us think it would end differently? To get eliminated on a error. Typifies the season.

I don't believe I have ever seen a more snake bitten team in all of UofL sports than this baseball team. It just didn't matter what they did today, they were meant to lose. They could of scored 3 runs in the top of the 12th inning and GT would of still scored 4.

I will be shocked if they are not in. Yet, for some reason the NCAA thinks the only place we can play (other than at home) is AT Vandy. If that is the setup again (which is BS) chances are our time will be short.

Reactions: nccardfan
The little league baserunning is a consistent pet peeve for me with McDonnell’s teams. I understand being aggressive on the bases against a bad fielding team, but why are you running into outs against the #2 seed in the ACC tourney?

He’s the best coach we’ve ever had at UofL by far, and there’s no one else in the business I would trade him for. But it is almost physically painful to watch us run into 3 outs per game against good opponents and as a result lose some of those games we should win.

The little league baserunning is a consistent pet peeve for me with McDonnell’s teams. I understand being aggressive on the bases against a bad fielding team, but why are you running into outs against the #2 seed in the ACC tourney?

He’s the best coach we’ve ever had at UofL by far, and there’s no one else in the business I would trade him for. But it is almost physically painful to watch us run into 3 outs per game against good opponents and as a result lose some of those games we should win.
I totally agree. Yes, it's great to steal a lot of bases but at what cost? This group acts like they have free reign to do anything they want on the bases, but they appear to not have the best of judgment.

I know. The ACC handed off the first round games to the other sports network but obviously didn't anticipate that network not finishing the coverage of the games.

It's a typical error by the ACC network. They're bush league.

This handoff with RSN runs thru 2026 too. I went searching for info because when the ACCN started up it was stated something like 20 games were under contract obligation to RSN.
How the hell does 20 games turn into rights thru 2026??? RSN blacked us out today via ACCN.

I will be shocked if they are not in. Yet, for some reason the NCAA thinks the only place we can play (other than at home) is AT Vandy. If that is the setup again (which is BS) chances are our time will be short.
Our time would be short no matter where we go. The only consistent thing this team does is messing up enough to lose.

Reactions: jmac1029 and Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT