ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Basketball Bracketology (per ESPN)...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
U of L plays 1st and 2nd round games here as a 3-seed in the Lexington Regional.

If U of L advances to the 2nd round, we play Tennessee if the Vols advance as a 6-seed.

Win that game, and we're off to Lexington to play 2-seed Ohio State if they advance that far.

And win that game, we play 1-seed South Carolina.

Lexington is an easy drive from Columbus, and it's not that far from Columbia, SC. So U of L fans will have plenty of company. But I expect those match-ups will attract a lot of our fans anxious for some NCAA basketball to follow.

BTW, LPT is shown as 5-seed in UConn's bracket. Hate it for 'em...

Reactions: gattongrad09
Walt has the ladies playing as well as any team outside UConn & ND right now. Last night's win was over a very good USF team.

UL women's program is legit...I don't know if you are like me but even though I like seeing UK women win, no matter what you are doing, you're playing second to uconn?

UL women's program is legit...I don't know if you are like me but even though I like seeing UK women win, no matter what you are doing, you're playing second to uconn?
Hopefully that will be turning around in the near future. They lose some key Seniors and how can they keep recruiting at an elite level playing in the pitiful AAC and beating teams every game by 40 points ? Don't see how they can sustain it.

Louisville gave Notre Dame all they could handle the Cards only lost by 5. UConn is in a class by themselves but things are changing and I see Louisville as a serious contender next year.

Frankly for the past 7-8 seasons, it's been

UConn

Everybody else

I'm honestly intrigued and impressed how Geno has been able to keep that dynasty running. It's also unfortunate that both of UofL's title runs have ended due to the Huskies.

Reactions: JohnKBA
You guys have really done a fantastic job with your athletics. Frankly U of L would be a great target for UK to shoot for, but we are too busy trying to win rifle titles instead (bad pun intended.) Good luck to your ladies. Anyone but UConn.....

Reactions: rockycard
Saw a discussion elsewhere about UConn's situation apparently by some folks who know their program. Evidently, they look to take a step back next year as key players leave with replacements who are well below them in ability. And their recruiting isn't setting the world afire. Some or a lot of that was theorized to be the reality of playing in the American Athletic Conference and competing on the outside of the P5.

If much of that is true, we could be nearing the end of one of the great dynasties in all of sports...

Reactions: JohnKBA
As the end of UCLA's dynasty was inevitable so too is the women of UCONN, although the age of wooden was a factor and no able replacement. Geno looks like he could coach a few years. How about the UT job? I heard they are looking for a coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT