ADVERTISEMENT

Withers Talks About Working On His Perimeter Game

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
"It was tough for me," Withers told Cardinal Authority in an interview last week. "It was definitely hard for me. I would say coming out of high school, I was like a small forward and then I got here and ended up transitioning into a power forward and then a center because of injuries and whatnot. Last year, I got moved back out to the perimeter. It was just tough."

"I would say what I have been working on the most is getting back comfortable on the perimeter," Withers said. "That's my natural position.

"So far this season, that's all I have been doing is working on everything out there. Whether that's ballhandling, knocking down more threes, or doing more things off the dribble. Just trying to work on getting myself back to being comfortable with everything on the perimeter."

https://247sports.com/college/louis...y-to-show-off-his-perimeter-skills-194804323/

Reactions: glassmanJ
man, i'm really getting sold on KP, i sure hope his in game skills are just as good..

"(Payne said) something that I have heard rarely from different people, he said, 'I want to make you pro' and 'I am going to get you there," Withers said. "And so far it has been a lot of very difficult training. I would say he’s getting me closer, step-by-step, day-by-day. I would say moving forward Kenny Payne is definitely a great start for me."

In an interview with Cardinal Authority back in late May, Payne said what he had seen up until that point is that Withers was lacking in confidence.

"If you don't exude confidence in young people, sometimes they are looking for you to do that," Payne said. "And I hate to say it but at times you have to give and you have to let them know that it's OK to think great, to be great, to know that there is greatness inside of you.

"With him, I am expecting to give him what he needs. And for him to get to a point where he believes in himself more than I believe in him."

Reactions: UL_1986
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT