ADVERTISEMENT

Will 2 home wins right the ship ?

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
Not guaranteeing the next 2 game which are home games vs CUSE &UNC will be wins, however i expect the Cards will win both.

I dont think the fans will know who the team is, or if theyre out of their funk until Monday night at Tallahassee.

The team can win on the road if they stay hungry. 2 home wins can give them their " we've arrived " mentality similar to finally beating Virginia.

Reactions: Cue Card
But we had so many road wins until GT & Clemson. They were broken for whatever reason.

Maybe two wins won’t fix it, but If we could get back to where we were before the last two, I’d certainly feel a lot better. More than anything we need Nwora to get his confidence back.

I think most on here that are rational can handle a loss, it’s the manner in which we lost that’s ticked everyone off. Seemed like there is 0 effort or care currently. The next two will help but beating FSU will be the test. Beating two subpar teams is not going to restore a lot of confidence from a fan perspective

Reactions: shadow force
I think most on here that are rational can handle a loss, it’s the manner in which we lost that’s ticked everyone off. Seemed like there is 0 effort or care currently. The next two will help but beating FSU will be the test. Beating two subpar teams is not going to restore a lot of confidence from a fan perspective

This.
You know some of our fans will claim UofL is back ( not on this board)

Just hope the players have enough pride to play with Cardinal Pride these last 5 games and beyond.

Theyve probably only done it collectively in about 10 of the 26 games. Thats unacceptable.

Last edited:
Not guaranteeing the next 2 game which are home games vs CUSE &UNC will be wins, however i expect the Cards will win both.

I dont think the fans will know who the team is, or if theyre out of their funk until Monday night at Tallahassee.

The team can win on the road if they stay hungry. 2 home wins can give them their " we've arrived " mentality similar to finally beating Virginia.

Something tells me UNC comes in and gets the win. I do hope I'm wrong.

Something tells me UNC comes in and gets the win. I do hope I'm wrong.

If the Cards lose to UNC at home, i would pick them to go 1-1 in the NCAAT.

It means that cant handle prosperity and lack vision and fortitude.

If the Cards lose to UNC at home, i would pick them to go 1-1 in the NCAAT.

It means that cant handle prosperity and lack vision and fortitude.

UNC is like a wounded lion right now. They have lost so many close games in the last seconds this season. But they are still dangerous.

UNC has talent. Their season went sideways when Anthony got hurt but he's back and he makes them dangerous. The Cards will have to play at a elite level to beat the Tarheels. They better not look at their record and think it's an easy win or they'll get embarrassed.

UNC is a team with little left to play for at this point. They cannot earn a bye in the ACC tourney, they are shutout of the NCAA and NIT tourneys. Pride is about all they have left. I think it’s hard to put a ton of effort into a game when they really have no carrot. Probably wishful thinking on my part but we’ll see what happens on Saturday. Our guys just can’t let them get any adrenaline from a great start.

UNC is clearly more of a problem with Anthony back in their lineup.

They also just got Robinson back. Healthy as they have been all year. They still have a couple long, active guys down low in Brooks and Bacot and some athletes on the wings, Black and Robinson. This is not a gimme! Havent seen a spread, but will be shocked with anything over 5.5-6. Black will probably guard Nwora so that is a matchup to watch. Malik will be in this game!

UNC is a team with little left to play for at this point. They cannot earn a bye in the ACC tourney, they are shutout of the NCAA and NIT tourneys. Pride is about all they have left. I think it’s hard to put a ton of effort into a game when they really have no carrot. Probably wishful thinking on my part but we’ll see what happens on Saturday. Our guys just can’t let them get any adrenaline from a great start.
What do you mean they are shut out of NCAA? I don’t think they can win the ACC tournament but any team can go on a hot streak. Win the tournament, they get an automatic bid. I’m sure that played in Anthony’s mind if not Roy’s.

They also just got Robinson back. Healthy as they have been all year. They still have a couple long, active guys down low in Brooks and Bacot and some athletes on the wings, Black and Robinson. This is not a gimme! Havent seen a spread, but will be shocked with anything over 5.5-6. Black will probably guard Nwora so that is a matchup to watch. Malik will be in this game!

Yeah I did notice that too. I think most on here, especially the OP would agree, I'd rather play them as close to their full strength as they can get. Not interested in luck right now for this team.... just my opinion..

It builds momentum. Let's see more of what broke it open against Cuse.

Unselfishness, team defense and rebounding.

Reactions: PHCARD
What do you mean they are shut out of NCAA? I don’t think they can win the ACC tournament but any team can go on a hot streak. Win the tournament, they get an automatic bid. I’m sure that played in Anthony’s mind if not Roy’s.
You are correct, they could get in the NCAA tourney by winning the ACC tourney. But if there was anyone who thought they actually could get in that way, I think today removed all doubt about that happening. Anthony is a great player, but the rest of that team really sucks right now.

You are correct, they could get in the NCAA tourney by winning the ACC tourney. But if there was anyone who thought they actually could get in that way, I think today removed all doubt about that happening. Anthony is a great player, but the rest of that team really sucks right now.

I like, 99% agree. That 1% of me is the part that had Brooks out today for them. He's not great by any stretch, but they'll have him for their ACC tournament and I guess the thing about the league, it's just so down this year it wouldn't surprise me to see them win a game or two. After winning 1 or 2, then maybe they become believers. Where is the ACC Tourney located this year do you know?

Im asking will they revert to the ugly games they played at GT and Clemson ?

I know road games are tough, especially going at a top 10 FSU., but only a win Monday will right the ship to me.

And they answered me.
Now Cards are just a Sweet 16 team.

The Cuse and UNC games remind me of the first third or so of the season... Fool's Gold.

I don’t think anyone is happy with tonight’s result, and more specifically the 2nd half, but that was a pretty quick turnaround having a game sat late afternoon then having to go on the road in a hostile environment just two days later with our best frontcourt player going down in the first few minutes.

I could see this team making an elite 8 run, but also could see us going down in 1st round if we end up a 4 seed or higher. Either way, being totally objective, i just don’t think there is anyway possible we make a Final Four run. This team has way too much give in them.

Played without Malik... the team wasn't going to get stops without him I guess.

You know what i always say injuries are excuses. Next man up.
This being Enoch, but unfortunately he was injured and hasnt practiced much.

Diwn side of 4 out, is lack of big Men on your bench.

Three point shooting has killed the inside game in pros and college.

Enoch has to do better than 6 and 3.

I don’t think anyone is happy with tonight’s result, and more specifically the 2nd half, but that was a pretty quick turnaround having a game sat late afternoon then having to go on the road in a hostile environment just two days later with our best frontcourt player going down in the first few minutes.

I could see this team making an elite 8 run, but also could see us going down in 1st round if we end up a 4 seed or higher. Either way, being totally objective, i just don’t think there is anyway possible we make a Final Four run. This team has way too much give in them.
Mack complained after the game about being fatigued. We play 7-9 guys and so does FSU. They also played Saturday. No excuse for young athletes in their prime to be tired playing basketball. Maybe these guys need to do more conditioning. Enoch who’s cut can’t seem to play more than 3 minutes in a stretch.

FSU plays 9-10 guys and there isnt much of a drop in a lot of those spots as they are long and athletic across the bench. We got nothing out of Perry and Williams only played a handful of minutes, so we basically played with 7 which is vastly different than what we generally do. Lastly, factor in that kind of pressure for 94 feet will really fatigue most players.

Mack complained after the game about being fatigued. We play 7-9 guys and so does FSU. They also played Saturday. No excuse for young athletes in their prime to be tired playing basketball. Maybe these guys need to do more conditioning. Enoch who’s cut can’t seem to play more than 3 minutes in a stretch.

Yeah FSU also played Saturday, difference is they had 9 guys clock 10 or more minutes, we had 7 guys do the same in a pretty hostile environment. Enoch played more than normal, which means Sutton and Nwora had to make up for the bulk of Malik’s minutes. We flat out got tired, regardless if they are 18-20 years old in their “prime” that definitely made a difference and is a valid excuse. Malik is a huge piece to this team, and it killed us him playing just 2 minutes.

Yeah FSU also played Saturday, difference is they had 9 guys clock 10 or more minutes, we had 7 guys do the same in a pretty hostile environment. Enoch played more than normal, which means Sutton and Nwora had to make up for the bulk of Malik’s minutes. We flat out got tired, regardless if they are 18-20 years old in their “prime” that definitely made a difference and is a valid excuse. Malik is a huge piece to this team, and it killed us him playing just 2 minutes.
People who have never played don't understand how the physical play FSU played especially in the second can wear you down.

What I saw last night out of FSU reminded me of a Denny Crum coached team. Tall athletic guards with big, strong inside players equally athletic.

Almost every player FSU had on the court was 6ft 4 and taller and very athletic. Tough matchup for our 6ft-ish guards that don't have elite quickness themselves.

Never in my life did I think our fan base would turn into a bunch of excuse makers. They were sick, tired, referees cheated us, conspiracy...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT