ADVERTISEMENT

Why should Lee and Lewis even play at this point?

Jun 24, 2009
Lets be honest, as much as we are happy they are going to keep playing, in reality why should they? At this point they legitimately have nothing to play for. Every reason they came here for, ACC Tournament, NCAA Tournament, are all gone. These remaining games are now nothing more than glorified exhibition games.

Both players are going to be going to the NBA (they will at least be drafted), the remaining games offer little ability to really improve their draft stock. On the other hand, what do you think is going to happen if one of them gets injured? Not only are their NCAA dreams gone, their NBA dreams will be gone as well. Playing right now for them IMO is not worth the risk of injury.

They already have degrees so you don't even have the education aspect. If I'm close to Lee and Lewis, I'm telling them to reconsider, stop playing for a university who cares nothing about you and immediately go into prep mode for the NBA draft. If I was Damion Lee and Trey Lewis the only thing I'm doing today is packing up my stuff from Minardi Hall, leaving UofL and never looking back.

There are not a single logical reason why they should be out there on the court today or any game after this.

Reactions: bloodguard13
Love of sport often trumps circumstance. I grew up around professional race drivers and was amazed what their desire to race could do to overcome, at times, horrible circumstances.

Because they are hoping to be employed by the NBA. Playing in the ACC is a test of their skills on a bigger stage.

Because they are men
Because they aren't quitters
Because they care about the other guys on the team
Because they care about the fans
Because they want to show to future employers that they can be professional
Because there would be a bit of pride in winning out or winning the ACC regular season
Because regardless of having or not having a post season this has been the best time in thei college career (their own words)
Because this is all they have left and instead of folding and packing it in like wusses they can go out with a bang with pride

Because they are hoping to be employed by the NBA. Playing in the ACC is a test of their skills on a bigger stage.

Lee just dropped 27 on UNC. I think he's proven what he can do and I doubt NBA scouts are going to be any less impressed with him if he decided to skip these last games.

Because they are men
Because there would be a bit of pride in winning out or winning the ACC regular season
Because regardless of having or not having a post season this has been the best time in thei college career (their own words)
Because this is all they have left and instead of folding and packing it in like wusses they can go out with a bang with pride

All fine and dandy but they need to be thinking about themselves right now, no one else. And no this is not all they have left, I'm confident they will both have long basketball careers ahead of them either in the NBA or over in Europe. This is the beginning for them, not the end.

Lets be honest, as much as we are happy they are going to keep playing, in reality why should they? At this point they legitimately have nothing to play for. Every reason they came here for, ACC Tournament, NCAA Tournament, are all gone. These remaining games are now nothing more than glorified exhibition games.

Both players are going to be going to the NBA (they will at least be drafted), the remaining games offer little ability to really improve their draft stock. On the other hand, what do you think is going to happen if one of them gets injured? Not only are their NCAA dreams gone, their NBA dreams will be gone as well. Playing right now for them IMO is not worth the risk of injury.

They already have degrees so you don't even have the education aspect. If I'm close to Lee and Lewis, I'm telling them to reconsider, stop playing for a university who cares nothing about you and immediately go into prep mode for the NBA draft. If I was Damion Lee and Trey Lewis the only thing I'm doing today is packing up my stuff from Minardi Hall, leaving UofL and never looking back.

There are not a single logical reason why they should be out there on the court today or any game after this.
One word - PRIDE

Lee just dropped 27 on UNC. I think he's proven what he can do and I doubt NBA scouts are going to be any less impressed with him if he decided to skip these last games.
Then why didn't either one of them get drafted and instead continue college if their NBA future was already set?

Reactions: awf
HiStepper I'm talking about now, not last year. Their situation has changed, they have received the increased visibility by playing basketball at UofL. They have developed and are better players now than they were at their previous schools. 9 games though is not going to significantly change their draft stock unless they get injured which would only hurt it.

Really from a business standpoint it's simple, sit out the remaining games and prepare for the NBA camps and the NBA draft.

"Really from a business standpoint it's simple, sit out the remaining games and prepare for the NBA camps and the NBA draft."

Makes sense somewhat .

Because they go until the journey is completed.

Allen Houston never played in the NCAA tourney. He didnt quit.
Look at where he's now. Retired in his thirtys.

Reactions: nccardfan
Because they are men

I understand that the current situation is not ideal for them, but walking away from your team is the last thing you want to do when trying to get to the NBA. Want to prove to the league that you're capable of being a dependable teammate? Don't bail on your team when they need you most.

It's a business decision and many of those are painful. Wish them good luck whichever way they go.

All fine and dandy but they need to be thinking about themselves right now, no one else. And no this is not all they have left, I'm confident they will both have long basketball careers ahead of them either in the NBA or over in Europe. This is the beginning for them, not the end.
Yeah. "F#%^ everybody else. Let me get mine."

I'd never want to work with you.

And that's a real good message to send to the NBA. Imma just quit when things aren't going my way.

And I meant it's all they have left for a their college career. I am sure they want to enjoy their time here instead of just sitting.

Yeah. "F#%^ everybody else. Let me get mine."

I'd never want to work with you.

And that's a real good message to send to the NBA. Imma just quit when things aren't going my way.

And I meant it's all they have left for a their college career. I am sure they want to enjoy their time here instead of just sitting.
Bottom line is there is no quit in Lewis....good kid.

I hear you 83, but they play for the love of the game and the challenge. They feel loved and respected by the fans who are showing they care about the situation their in. Remember, they chose to come here as well to play and be challenged by the ACC schedule. They get to play against some great programs and in great venues. They get to play at Duke in front of one the greatest college coaches in an incredibly charged venue against an emotional crowd. I think they'll play but will they roll around on the ground for a loose ball. Who knows but --instinct and habit will problem cause them to go full bore. They will be jazzed to go to Duke and score 25 and lead their team to victory! That'll be a memory to carry forever. I think they go all in.

Reactions: SoulSr
I hear you 83, but they play for the love of the game and the challenge. They feel loved and respected by the fans who are showing they care about the situation their in. Remember, they chose to come here as well to play and be challenged by the ACC schedule. They get to play against some great programs and in great venues. They get to play at Duke in front of one the greatest college coaches in an incredibly charged venue against an emotional crowd. I think they'll play but will they roll around on the ground for a loose ball. Who knows but --instinct and habit will problem cause them to go full bore. They will be jazzed to go to Duke and score 25 and lead their team to victory! That'll be a memory to carry forever. I think they go all in.

Answered by Mr Lewis --well done Sir.

It's terrible what happens with this type of decision to punish the current kids. It's stupid. But the irony is the love UL fans are showing these two, they are kids who only here for one year? I thought fans couldn't get attached to love one year players? Isn't that the narrative I see with the rival ?

At this point I think Lee and Lewis have earned the right to be selfish and do whatever they want. They are team first guys, do they'll stick it out, but I wouldn't knock them if they bounced.

I do hope they take a lot of shots in the next 8 games. Go out throwing some haymakers.

Reactions: cuzimacardfan
It's terrible what happens with this type of decision to punish the current kids. It's stupid. But the irony is the love UL fans are showing these two, they are kids who only here for one year? I thought fans couldn't get attached to love one year players? Isn't that the narrative I see with the rival ?
Only players who have graduated! I don't want one and done's on a routine bases. I want the Russ Smith's of the world not the Cousin's. I want college students. I'm sure what you call SuCK players.

These two guys have already graduated and chose to play a fifth year at Louisville. They aren't fresh out of high school and are swinging to the NBA after just a few months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT