ADVERTISEMENT

Why leave Lamar in the game?

ReCarded

No-Ranking Prospect
Sep 27, 2016
Wish I could understand why Lamar was left in the game well after the things got out of hand. Pass hasn't had any reps yet and Lamar was getting killed. Sometimes you have save your artillery for another battle and Lamar could have been injured in the meaningless final moments. Not to mention how undignified it was seeing Lamar running for his life for no reason. It was like Petrino was in denial similar to the LSU game.

Bobby Petrino should have pulled Jackson and any other player that was not producing. He didn't and therefore the team gave up. You have to pull the people , who are having a bad day! Players that work hard deserve the chance to prove they can get the job done, when the starters are not getting it done. The results of this and the coaches not be prepared was a first class @ss whipping.

Reactions: cardinalrod
I'm not saying this to be a dick in any way, as I've always had very pleasant experiences with the Louisville fans and enjoyed hosting some of yall at our tailgate.

That said, it seemed like Petrino left Lamar in the game so he could pad his stats against the Clemson 2nd/3rd string. Having a Heisman winner...no less a two time Heisman winner, can go a long way in recruiting. So maybe that's why.

Either way, that's been the common mindset from those I've spoken to as to why in the world he was left in the game, when Dabo pulled his starters with 8+ minutes remaining.

I'm not saying this to be a dick in any way, as I've always had very pleasant experiences with the Louisville fans and enjoyed hosting some of yall at our tailgate.

That said, it seemed like Petrino left Lamar in the game so he could pad his stats against the Clemson 2nd/3rd string. Having a Heisman winner...no less a two time Heisman winner, can go a long way in recruiting. So maybe that's why.

Either way, that's been the common mindset from those I've spoken to as to why in the world he was left in the game, when Dabo pulled his starters with 8+ minutes remaining.

It's all just anecdotal speculation until we hear from Petrino.

What's more likely is BP trying to pad Jacksons stats again.
Sure, that must be it. LMAO at the Punishment everyone wants to deliver.

Lamar sucked, no doubt. It even cost him the Heisman, I am almost convinced, a load he may very well be relieved to have off his back, for that matter.

But if you want the first snaps of a new QB's career to be against an incredibly effective and hungry Clemson defense - inarguably an Alabubba Class D - then you must be daft. You can ruin a kid like that. Make no mistake, Pass was always going to get his feet wet next week and the following. It's a perfect scenario and Bobby smartly never even considered Puma as an alternative last night. There are plenty of stories of players' confidence being crushed by inappropriate and silly timing. He certainly would not have been better than Lamar because nobody was f----g getting open! Playing Puma for one play last night would have been a massive mistake.

Sure, that must be it. LMAO at the Punishment everyone wants to deliver.

Lamar sucked, no doubt. It even cost him the Heisman, I am almost convinced, a load he may very well be relieved to have off his back, for that matter.

But if you want the first snaps of a new QB's career to be against an incredibly effective and hungry Clemson defense - inarguably an Alabubba Class D - then you must be daft. You can ruin a kid like that. Make no mistake, Pass was always going to get his feet wet next week and the following. It's a perfect scenario and Bobby smartly never even considered Puma as an alternative last night. There are plenty of stories of players' confidence being crushed by inappropriate and silly timing. He certainly would not have been better than Lamar because nobody was f----g getting open! Playing Puma for one play last night would have been a massive mistake.

No one suggested putting him against the 1's but in the 4th quarter, most Clemson defensive starters and offensive for that matter were gone. Would have been a perfect time, not sure what Petrino was thinking.

No one suggested putting him against the 1's but in the 4th quarter, most Clemson defensive starters and offensive for that matter were gone. Would have been a perfect time, not sure what Petrino was thinking.
I answered that already, lol. I know precisely what he was thinking. I happen to agree. Pass is Bobby's to develop, not some fan who wants to punish the coach and QB.

Just like the Heisman, certain Clemson fans need to batch about something despite winning o_O

Padding stats LoL.

Well somebody tell me what was accomplished other than padding stats?

What did we get from leaving our one and only chance for a winning season in the game?

It was stupid, and doing it failed FB101.

The ONLY other reason is...we don't have another QB.

And that's a bigger problem for an offensive genius.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT