ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be our top scorers next year?

Aug 3, 2014
Anyone have any idea where the points will come from next season? With Lee and Lewis leaving who picks up the slack?

I don't know who the leading scorer will be but we will have a lot of options. I don't think we will be challenged like we were 2 years ago.

I think we are going to be more balanced offensively this year, and IF he comes back for his junior year, then Onuaku is going to average a double-double and lead the team in scoring.

JMO

Adel or Mitchell. I'm sure they will pick up and scoring Lee and Lewis will leave. Also throw King in the mix as well. IMO whats more important will be Mangok and Anas if Nanu stays in the draft.

Reactions: Cue Card
Balance.This team will have balanced scoring.It's something that's been missing since 13.Even though Russ was the leading scorer in most games,the other guys were capable of scoring as well.It's not as important to have one guy leading every game as it is to have multiple guys capable.Gorgui,Siva,Hancock and Behanan were all able to put the ball in the basket.Balance.

Reactions: shadow force
I just think we are in trouble without shooters. We might be way overrated. Hopefully Mitchell will have a breakout year.

Reactions: christiane
I actually think JJ will score more. Our combined PF stats should end up slightly better than our combined 5 spot stats what with all the depth and the readiness of so many tall guys to produce regularly. I suspect Deng Adel will average around 10 or more - with breakout possibilities galore. He is an absolute load to guard. Then we get to Q and Mitchell - Mitchell remains a bit of an enigma to me. I surely see his upside - it's outrageously hopeful. Q will simply average 10 a game because that's what he does. I would hope we find a stud to lead us in scoring when times get tough - a knockdown point scorer who flashes occasional high-volume scoring. If we find that - or those - guys, we're definitely golden.

Reactions: Cue Card
If Onuaku doesn't come back I'm confident that the leading scorer will be Mahmoud. He was the most improved player on the team last year. He can score with both hands and his length makes his hook shot tough to defend. He can hit the elbow jumper and is a decent free throw shooter. I don't think the guards individually will score consistently. Mahmoud will probably have the offense run through him in the high post a lot like when Padgett was playing. He's a good enough shooter and passer to pull it off

If Onuaku doesn't come back I'm confident that the leading scorer will be Mahmoud. He was the most improved player on the team last year. He can score with both hands and his length makes his hook shot tough to defend. He can hit the elbow jumper and is a decent free throw shooter. I don't think the guards individually will score consistently. Mahmoud will probably have the offense run through him in the high post a lot like when Padgett was playing. He's a good enough shooter and passer to pull it off
When was the last time Louisville's guards did not score consistently? Can you name a year?

When was the last time Louisville's guards did not score consistently? Can you name a year?
At the end of the year last year when Lewis and Lee struggled there wasn't consistent scoring at guard. Over the course of a whole season it's been awhile. It certainly helped to have a great scorer like Russ for 4 years. Do you anticipate any of the guards being consistent scorers next year?

At the end of the year last year when Lewis and Lee struggled there wasn't consistent scoring at guard. Over the course of a whole season it's been awhile. It certainly helped to have a great scorer like Russ for 4 years. Do you anticipate any of the guards being consistent scorers next year?
Yet you're counting on high school kids to lead your team? I think Q and Mitchell will be just fine.

Was Quentin's 10 a game last season now considered a disappointment, somehow? Mitchell had 16, 17 and 22 point games in a very limited role, playing with the gunners Lee and Lewis. Perhaps we're weirdly optimistic about his scoring jones. I'll gladly take that mystery, personally. For that matter, we had lineups with Deng at the 2 guard spot - something I imagine we'll see more if the incoming King manages to light things up.

"Over the course of the whole season, it;s been a while"???????????

Do you have an English translation for this or should we consult a UK Special Dictionary??

Was Quentin's 10 a game last season now considered a disappointment, somehow? Mitchell had 16, 17 and 22 point games in a very limited role, playing with the gunners Lee and Lewis. Perhaps we're weirdly optimistic about his scoring jones. I'll gladly take that mystery, personally. For that matter, we had lineups with Deng at the 2 guard spot - something I imagine we'll see more if the incoming King manages to light things up.

"Over the course of the whole season, it;s been a while"???????????

Do you have an English translation for this or should we consult a UK Special Dictionary??
There is nothing wrong with that sentence. There were stretches at the end of last season when the guards couldn't be depended on for scoring but it's been awhile since the guards completely failed to generate scoring over the course of a whole season. When Lee and Lewis struggled to score Mitchell, Q, and Deng had days when they played well and others where the didn't show up. I'd say the 16, 17, and 22 point games were the outliers.

I graduated from UL so unless the Ekstrom Library uses the UK special dictionary I fail to see the humor in your post

We most resemble those we hang with, lol. What stretches were our guards having trouble scoring? We played Virginia twice - our entire team scored 46 in one of those games. They just owned us. But the Mitchell alone scored 11, which was 25% of our points, in the last game. He scored 22 against Duke. Q scored over 20 3 times this season. Lewis 4.

You're just full of crap, lol. If you want to create an argument, try a better approach.

Maybe we should talk football instead. For UK fans, that is all theory.

Reactions: Baldy44
At the end of the year last year when Lewis and Lee struggled there wasn't consistent scoring at guard.

Clearly the sample to use for the program would be the last couple of games when the team had nothing to play for. Teams on post season bans typically play lights out after getting handed the news.

What's scary is this guy is serious when using data under those circumstances.

And LOL @ the OP throwing around "we may be way overrated" - he said we.

Good to see this board is in full swing with the not so camo parody accounts.

For years it's been the same, how will they replace fill in the blank.

Maybe one year, UofL basketball will actually be bad. It's bound to happen at some point. So just keep predicting it you guys will get it right one year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT