ADVERTISEMENT

Who wants to bet...

If we’d had the playoff last year, there would have been 4 teams with 2 losses in the playoffs as at large teams: Oregon, Penn State, Missouri and Mississippi.

Reactions: UofLouisville
Herbstreit said last night there were still about 30 teams still in play for the CFP (unfortunately we're not one of them). Things will eventually work themselves out but like every year, there will be some teams unhappy or disappointed who think they are deserving. Not sure we solved anything but hopefully I'm wrong and eventually we benefit by the system.

Long way to go. VT could play for the ACC title. Vandy could play for the SEC title. IU could play for the Big Ten title. Scheduling plays a role in these bigger leagues. Louisville benefited last year. They aren’t benefiting this year but boy they had a golden opportunity and didn’t take advantage.

It is what it is your team has to win games. It really is that simple.

If we’d had the playoff last year, there would have been 4 teams with 2 losses in the playoffs as at large teams: Oregon, Penn State, Missouri and Mississippi.
You don’t know that. You have to factor in what I stated above, which obviously is above your comprehension. I’ll break it down and simplify for you. 4 teams automatically in the playoffs, that leaves 8 open spots. 1 team, the highest ranked P4 team automatically in the playoffs, that leaves 7 open spots. ND in the playoffs, because we know they will put them in it if all possible, that leaves 6 open spots….6!

You named 4 two loss teams you said would have gotten in last year’s playoffs with only 6 slots available. I’m calling bs on that assumption.

IU QB doubtful for Washington; that will provide opportunity to evaluate IU more comprehensively

You don’t know that. You have to factor in what I stated above, which obviously is above your comprehension. I’ll break it down and simplify for you. 4 teams automatically in the playoffs, that leaves 8 open spots. 1 team, the highest ranked P4 team automatically in the playoffs, that leaves 7 open spots. ND in the playoffs, because we know they will put them in it if all possible, that leaves 6 open spots….6!

You named 4 two loss teams you said would have gotten in last year’s playoffs with only 6 slots available. I’m calling bs on that assumption.
"which obviously is above your comprehension. I’ll break it down and simplify for you."

I know Pushup can speak for himself, but quit being so condesending against everyone that doesn't share your opinions. We're are all supposed to be U of L fans.

Reactions: UofLouisville
IU QB doubtful for Washington; that will provide opportunity to evaluate IU more comprehensively
IU plays in a train wreck of a conference being propped up because ESPN has so much money riding on it. Watch the BIG 10 do nothing in the playoffs.

"which obviously is above your comprehension. I’ll break it down and simplify for you."

I know Pushup can speak for himself, but quit being so condesending against everyone that doesn't share your opinions. We're are all supposed to be U of L fans.
How hard is it to understand? 4 + 1 + ND.

That leaves 6 teams to make 12.

So he’s saying they are just going to grab 2 loss teams from the SEC to fill out those 6?

I agree the SEC will mostly get 4 or 5 teams in because of ESPN’s love for them, who by the way, make all the decisions on College Football today. But, there are some conference championship game runner up teams who might have something to say about that who only have 1 loss.

I do know that because the CFP rankings from Dec 3, 2023 are online for anyone to see. Liberty would have gotten in as seed 12, and the teams I mentioned were non-champions who were ranked 7-11.

I do know that because the CFP rankings from Dec 3, 2023 are online for anyone to see. Liberty would have gotten in as seed 12, and the teams I mentioned were non-champions who were ranked 7-11.
The only problem with your assumption is last year wasn’t a 12 team playoff so they couldn’t care less how teams after #4 in the rankings played out. If it had been a 12 team playoff last year I’m willing to bet the rankings you show would be different. It’s easy to see how they are manipulating them this year to keep the 2 conferences that want representing the playoffs this year.

The only problem with your assumption is last year wasn’t a 12 team playoff so they couldn’t care less how teams after #4 in the rankings played out. If it had been a 12 team playoff last year I’m willing to bet the rankings you show would be different. It’s easy to see how they are manipulating them this year to keep the 2 conferences that want representing the playoffs this year.

The CFP selection committee won’t release their first rankings until November 5th. You’re looking at AP and Coaches polls which are not used to select the playoff teams.

I have very little doubt that multiple 2-loss teams will make the playoffs this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT