4th down conversion defense:
Passes intercepted:
Total defense:
Offense?
One stat:
Red Zone Offense:
110th

Last edited:
We're definitely struggling but we have faced great QB's so far. Not counting the FCS team, the weakest QB we have faced is Riley Leonard at ND. The dude from Jax State is killing it.

And we still have Castellenous at BC and Kubinek at Clemson and Holston with Pitt. We don't see below average QB's until the last two games against Stanford and UK.

Compare that to Indiana for example. Trade schedules with them we're undefeated and they have three losses.

It's so ironic how IU got out of playing UofL during the season they happen to have their best team in decades.

Brohm better get used to this though and find a defense that can handle it.

The debate for me is can Louisville find a staff and players to have a good defense. I honestly don’t know. What I do know is this currently staff isn’t getting it done against good offenses and teams that play with pace. The data is pretty clear they haven’t been good on defense.

A bad defense can artificially inflate offensive numbers. Brohm has good offenses. They haven’t executed in key spots. The offense had a chance to win the SMU game but the defense was not good. It was awful for that matter.

As @Rollem Cards said or implied in another thread, this is the choice we made hiring a good head coach from the offensive side of the ball. We experienced it with Petrino as well, and the opposite with Strong.

The defense will only be as good as the D coordinator under Jeff. For anyone with short memories, we also played the revolving door game with coordinators in the past and without much success…

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT