ADVERTISEMENT

Who ls a veteran on here?

25 year USAF Veteran, Health Care Management/Medical Administration.

Served at Incirlik AB Hospital, Adana,Turkey;
Cannon AFB Hospital, Clovis, NM;
Weisbaden Medical Center, Weisbaden, Germany;
Kirtland AFB Hospital/VA Center, Albuquerque, NM;
Scott AFB IL, Regional Med Center
and GPMRC-Global Patient Movement Requirement Center on Scott AFB, IL. - 15 miles east of St. Louis, MO.

'Thanks for your service' to all my fellow Veterans.;):cool: You are the best!

And thanks to all our civilian supporters who recognize us on this thread and in all that you do to support the U.S. military. Makes the USA strong and the best the world has ever seen, bar none.:D

Go Cards....beat the Eagles!!!

First, thank you all for your service and/or for your support.

My Regimental Crest. I was a Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Operations Sargent.

U.S._Army_Chemical_Corps_Regimental_Insignia.gif

Last edited:
Retired Air Force...25 years...Nam, Shield/Storm, Balklands Vet.

Myrtle Beach AFB SC 73-77...Crew Chief...Vaught A-7D Corsair II (SLUF..."Short Little UGLY F-C-ER")...Republic A-10A Thunderbolt II (Warthog).

Scott AFB IL 77-82...Phase Dock Inspector/2nd Shift Supervisor...C-9A Nightingale Med-Evac, CT-39A Saborliner Executive Transport Aircraft, C-140A Jetstar Airfield Electronics Systems Checking Aircraft. 3rd Shift Flightline Supervisor for CT-39A and C-140A Maintenance Operations...Squadron Disaster Preparedness NCO

Clark AB Republic of the Philippines 82-85...3rd Shift Supervisor ...C-9A Flightline/Flight Mech...Lead Aircrew that provided Emergency Medical Support for President Reagan during his trip to China.

England AFB LA 85-88...2nd Shift Supervisor for Base Transient Alert...Quality Assurance/Control Inspector-Base Aircraft/Flightline Safety NCO...2nd Shift Supervisor for Crash Recovery for assigned A-10A Aircraft.

USAF Recruiting Service 88-90...Alton IL/St. Charles/St. Peters MO.

Daran AB Saudi Arabia 90-91...2nd Shift Supervisor for Airlift Support/Supply Aircraft...Station Chief at Kuwait International Airport after Shock and Awe Bombing Campaign to reopen airport for Humanitarian Airlift Relieve.

Charleston AFB SC 91-98...3rd Shift Charlie Section Supervisor C-141B Stratorlifter...1st Shift Bear Section Supervisor C-141B...1st Shift Maintenance Superintendent for C-141B Flightline Maintenance. Numerous Humanitarian Relief Missions while at Charleston. Was in Somalia during Black Hawk Down working Airlift Resupply...Was at Khobar Towers when it was bombed during my Third Tour to the Middle East.

:cool:

Last edited:
Retired Air Force...25 years...Nam, Shield/Storm, Balklands Vet.

Clark AB Republic of the Philippines 82-85...3rd Shift Supervisior ...C-9A Flightline/Flight Mech...Lead Aircrew that provided Emergency Medical Support for President Reagan during his trip to China.

Mayo:
AM. When you were in the PI.....did you know SMSgt Rich Moore at the base Hospital? Curious if you ever ran into him while there.? Please advise.

It is an honor to have all of you who have served on this message board. I have a great respect for all who have served and protected the freedoms we all hold so dear. You all are true heroes. THANK YOU!!

I did NOTHING Special...I joined the Air Force so I wouldn't get drafted...I wanted to choose what branch of service I entered...I also did it to get out of the Hood...Was NOT a future there for me and I NEEDED some type of Direction and Discipline, and jobs in Louisville were leaving town in a BIG way...I was looking out for #1!!!

American Male, you were still serving if needed. You chose a direction best for you and that says a lot about your williness to better yourself. That is what we all strive to do. Regardless of reason, your service is appreciated by many. Be proud of yourself.

@Mayoman

I knew a MSgt Gordy Moore at the Clark AB Medical Center, and a TSgt Clinton McGowan at Scott AFB Medical Center...Did you know him???

Sorry to say I did not know either one. Thanks for your reply and for your service. And I don't agree with your statement about not doing anything special.

It takes a special person do make the military a career and serve at least 20 years. My hat is off to you sir.

Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do....means a lot to live by those values and make the sacrifice(s) for your fellow countrymen and country. Off we go,into the wild blue yonder, etc, etc..................................nothing beats the U S Air Force.!!!

@smoore45 @Mayoman

I appreciate both of your kind words...However, I still joined the military for my benefit...For the reasons I said. I made it a career because it gave me those things I needed, and it also gave me the opportunity to further my education FREE!!!

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my country and Would/WILL die to protect the Constitution Of The United States...Against ALL Enemies...Foreign And DOMESTIC...And I'm PROUD of my accomplishments...That's why I Bragged a wee bit!!!

HOWEVER...At present, I defer ALL praise to the Men and Women of our Military that have been Wounded, Maimed and Killed Serving our Nation...Some as Volunteers...Some as Draftees...They ARE The/MY HEROS!!!

I Congratulate and Thank those of us that made it through UNSCATHED!!!

Oh...And Mayoman...Don't Forget "the Code Of Conduct"!!!

;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT