ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s your starting 5?

HRTheCard

1500+
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2016
Who do you all see as your starting 5 for this season?

I have:

Kimble (couldve been DJ had he not gotten hurt)
Williamson
Nwora
Sutton
Enoch

I think it will be a battle and the starting lineup could change on a game basis until ACC play

Even with losing Johnson, we're still going to have a deep bench. Lots of plug and play filled positions all over the place. Could be a special year.

I'll go with:

Perry
Sutton
Nwora
Williamson
Enoch

Even with losing Johnson, we're still going to have a deep bench. Lots of plug and play filled positions all over the place. Could be a special year.

I'll go with:

Perry
Sutton
Nwora
Williamson
Enoch

Johnson won’t be gone forever it seems. I was just sayin that had he not gotten hurt, I might’ve put him as a starter in game 1

Reactions: Cue Card
Go read Jeff Greer's article on The Athletic if you have a subscription. It gives good insight into the Pack Line defense Mack wants to run.

In a typical year, Mack likes to have his guys stay patient and force passes into the post. Its not about forcing turnovers. But we are caught in a place where we have a mix of old Rick full court press players and some patchwork transfers. Normally we won't start two big guys down low, but personnel dictates we have to play different

Williams
Enoch
Nwora
Williamson
Perry

Sutton, Kimble, and Nickelberry will round out our 8 man rotation. It may be too late to think DJ can miss the whole first semester and jump into ACC play.

Perry has to be the guy at point. He has played 2 ACC seasons and is far more athletic than Fresh. Fresh needs to be a guy that can steady us in the 2nd unit with points. He just is not fast and lacks the ball handling skills to run point for an elite team. Darius hasn't proven he can, but has shown flashes that he can be the guy.

Reactions: Cardiac Red

I'll go with:

Perry
Sutton
Nwora
Williamson
Enoch
My guess as well at this point. I think Coach Mack is hoping Perry can be successful at the point and will give him the chance to start the season based on his experience from a year in the system.

I too feel Perry will be in there. I want him to turn into Russ #2 this junior year.

Kimble
Perry
Nwora
Sutton
Enoch

So much is expected!

Reactions: kl40504 and gocds
I think the starting lineup will change depending on certain matchups and that it might change over the course of the season.

Right now I'm leaning toward

Perry
Kimble
Nwora
Sutton
Williams/Enoch

Reactions: kl40504
Heard Malik put on 30 lbs this summer and is looking like a beast, I think he starts along with Perry, Nwora, Williamson, and the Hulk.

One thing about we at least have pretty good depth this year..

Reactions: kl40504
I think I’ll allow the folks that get paid millions to make this decision. Anyway, I’ll concentrate on football for now.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT