ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the Grantham haters now?

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
You wanted Grantham gone, this is what you get. Sirmon was no good at Miss State. No reason to think he'd be good here.

Grantham's defense couldnt get key stops against

Clemson
Duke
Houston
SuCkS
LSU

He had to go.
Maybe Petrino could have gotten someone better than Sirmon. Jury is still out.

Might have to outscore teams.
That wont get you to the ACC title game or a playoff.

Reactions: American Male
It's funny because I have a good friend that is a huge Miss St fan and booster. He is psyched about getting Grantham and even happier to be rid of Sirmon. Perhaps the grass is always greener, but he felt Petrino should have been able to get a better d coordinator

Reactions: BPGhost
My Catholic grade school team was more disciplined than this team. Pathetic. When our LB picked off that pass and ran it back he slowed down and was almost caught. That speaks volumes to anyone who has played football. Ypu ALWAYS run full speed all the way through anything you do on the field. Never thought I'd see this from a Petrino team. Penalties over and over, fumbles, poor kick off kicking etc...better stop this sh$t when ACC starts or it will be a long long season

I hope Brohm comes home when Petrino leaves.

Reactions: American Male
HERE!!!

Grantham recruited and molded this crap...
Plenty of talent on the defensive side of the ball - recruited and molded by Grantham - simply take a look at the defensive players drafted while he was here, not to mention the respect that he has both collegiately and from the NFL.

Brohm out schemed Sirmon - plain and simple. Thank goodness he didn't have any amount of talent - look out when he does.

Grantham's defense couldnt get key stops against

Clemson
Duke
Houston
SuCkS
LSU

He had to go.
Maybe Petrino could have gotten someone better than Sirmon. Jury is still out.

Might have to outscore teams.
That wont get you to the ACC title game or a playoff.
Everyone of those teams you listed was significantly better than Purdue. Clearly Petrino couldn't get someone "better" than Sirmon - at least not with any ties to him - which seems to be the most important hiring criteria that he has. Wonder why that is?

It's funny because I have a good friend that is a huge Miss St fan and booster. He is psyched about getting Grantham and even happier to be rid of Sirmon. Perhaps the grass is always greener, but he felt Petrino should have been able to get a better d coordinator
Yep and UGA couldn't wait to get rid of Grantham I wonder why. And what the heck does Miss St state know their such a juggernaut. It maybe that neither are that good.

Grantham and Klenakis may both end up just being coaching scapegoats. BUT you have to let their replacements have more than one game to prove themselves.

I didn't advocate any coaching changes last year, but I'm gonna let the cake bake with these new guys...

Reactions: gocds
All except Lamar. Thought he played a very smart game. No sacks I can remember, good ball security when running, making the right reads for pass or run. His accuracy is definitely better.
Yeah,
Plenty of talent on the defensive side of the ball - recruited and molded by Grantham - simply take a look at the defensive players drafted while he was here, not to mention the respect that he has both collegiately and from the NFL.

Brohm out schemed Sirmon - plain and simple. Thank goodness he didn't have any amount of talent - look out when he does.
A lot of the drafted talent was already here when Grsntham got here. I'm not going to judge Sirmon this early, but Grantham wasn't the answer.

Yeah,

A lot of the drafted talent was already here when Grsntham got here. I'm not going to judge Sirmon this early, but Grantham wasn't the answer.
Fair point however- coaching plays a huge part in whether kids continue to profess to the point where they're drafted.

As for whether Grantham was the "answer" - that's completely subjective based upon who's asking the question. I'd love for someone to name a previous UofL DC that fit that description.

good ball security when running

What? Did we watch the same game?

I mean.. he tucks the ball in when preparing for a tackle, but when it comes to scrambling, juking, cutting, spinning.. he almost always holds the ball one handed away from his body.

Reactions: nccardfan
All except Lamar. Thought he played a very smart game. No sacks I can remember, good ball security when running, making the right reads for pass or run. His accuracy is definitely better.
Smart? He ran out of bounds twice stopping the clock and giving the ball back to Purdue

I'm staring to think we don't have smart players or smart coaches, or maybe both

Our line can't even get the damn snap right. I mean that's the easiest thing. Emphasize that in the huddle. "We are snapping on three guys, don't jump until you hear the three count". Yet time and time again they are offsides.

That there is coaching and also players have the attention span greater than a mule

Smart? He ran out of bounds twice stopping the clock and giving the ball back to Purdue
The clock only stops under 2 minutes. It will stop for a second or two until the ball is marked but then it starts back up again.

I had no issues with Lamar's game. I thought he played like Lamar. He is an incredible QB who has a cannon for a right arm and next to impossible to take down on first contact. He was more accurate last night too IMO. He has improved.

UofL's DB are still terrible. I am surprised your coaches are starting Washington again this year. He got burned all last year and is an awful CB.

You have Yeast who is a star and not even playing him.
How many practices have you been to? We don't need a fan of a crappy program giving us advice on what we should be wanting.

UofL's DB are still terrible. I am surprised your coaches are starting Washington again this year. He got burned all last year and is an awful CB.

You have Yeast who is a star and not even playing him.
Btw, I think that your squad looked pretty bad yesterday also, luckily for you that USM is really shitty.

2 of Purdue's 4 scoring drives were 36 and 40 yard drives. UofL lost its All American DB. Sirmon plays a conservative defense. Purdue had 340 yards of offense while Brohm coached teams typically get 500 yards of offense. The defense had 3 big interceptions. Put all that together and I thought the defense played pretty well.

To early to be this critical I know we need work mostly on the offensive line. I like our defense a whole lot better this year than last year. I got sick of watching 3rd &18 and our opponent getting a 1st down every time.
I want 4 games under our belt before I give up on the team. Every year the season starts and everybody thinks they can tell who the best teams are & 4 weeks later it is different teams who are looking good. I would rather look raw to begin the year & polished at the end.

2 of Purdue's 4 scoring drives were 36 and 40 yard drives. UofL lost its All American DB. Sirmon plays a conservative defense. Purdue had 340 yards of offense while Brohm coached teams typically get 500 yards of offense. The defense had 3 big interceptions. Put all that together and I thought the defense played pretty well.
They sure stepped up in the 4th Q. Made some tremendous defensive plays in the secondary. I'm not sure how many yards Purdue got with their running game, but it couldn't be much. I think they improved in the secondary late and considering Alexander was out not bad. A SuCk fan coming over here and talking FB is laughable.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
They sure stepped up in the 4th Q. Made some tremendous defensive plays in the secondary. I'm not sure how many yards Purdue got with their running game, but it couldn't be much. I think they improved in the secondary late and considering Alexander was out not bad. A SuCk fan coming over here and talking FB is laughable.
Relative to the performance of the Offense, I thought the Defense played consistent, and tightened up at the end. Got fooled on Purdue's last score when everyone got faked out, leaving 2 Purdue receivers wide open in the end zone.

Too many conclusions about one game against Purdue are ill-advised. For all we know, Purdue has a respectable defense and a sorry offense. Think about it...

It was as strange of a game as I have seen ...........two (2) fumbles at the goal line in the first quarter? 16 penalties, of which 12 were procedure??? Think about the block in the back that negated the long punt return!

Washington made some mistakes for sure, but he came up with some big plays too and most of his errors were mental (the one pick was unfortunate that it let to a score) that could be corrected.

Held Purdue to 51 yards rushing, had 3 INTs as mentioned, and played without top CB for 75% of the game or so. They scored one of the five TDs. The last INT sealed the game.

This is not going to be a great defense but if they turn in performances like last night the team will have a chance to win.

The biggest problem with the team is the mistakes, the same ones that happened last year are still lingering - and these mistakes are on the offensive side of the ball.

Reactions: CardVille
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT