ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s that one “poster” on this board???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did u support the university when he was HC? Yes or No?

I have always cheered for the university and the basketball team. I felt like Pitino didn’t deserve a raise after the Sypher stuff came out and felt he should’ve been terminated after the Powell stuff. His deflection of accountability following the Powell and FBI stuff made it pretty plain to see that he cares primarily about his own legacy.

There are lots of positives and very few negatives coming from the university right now. It’s weird that you’d be so glum about that.
"Lots of positives" as in what? Humor me...
I have always cheered for the university and the basketball team. I felt like Pitino didn’t deserve a raise after the Sypher stuff came out and felt he should’ve been terminated after the Powell stuff. His deflection of accountability following the Powell and FBI stuff made it pretty plain to see that he cares primarily about his own legacy.
4670f5764e7fd80e4c9004ab2531ed77.jpg

Last edited:
I will respond to your post since I don’t think the California guy is capable of understanding. The ex employees, as they are referred to as by some, weren’t and still are not enemies of the university. In fact, their issues were they wanted the world for the university even though people thought that was greed. Nobody seemed to mind when “their” greed and our hopes for NC’s aligned. However the powers at be, Grissom, Bevin, Schnatter, others were jealous of Tom’s and Rick’s power, reveling in their own insecurities and thinking nobody should have that kind of power. So they set in motion a way to bring them down. If you can’t be a little suspicious of the motives then you were never truly a fan of the University. But as you said, we have to move on, which I am doing but with some trepidation. Vince has doing some really good things but it will take time for him or anybody else to equal the accomplishments that we have achieved and expect.

A lot of fans were upset how Pitino and particularly Jurich were handled. Where most differ with zipp is that he would rather see the school burn to the ground than be proven wrong. There was definitely a power move to get Jurich out but Pitino opened the door for that. Without has back to back scandals his job and Jurich's were safe. They'd have the support of all the fans and were basically untouchable. I don't think Pitino personally knew what was going on but he failed to watch the program and deserved to be fired. That opened the door for Jurich to go also.

I don't really understand why someone would continue to follow a program they clearly despise except for a couple of Jurich holdover coaches. Tyra has made some PR mistakes but he has done a decent job overall. If he was put into place to bring down UofL athletics hiring Chris Mack to coach the top sport in the dept. was a mistake. We could have kept Padgett or hired Kenny Payne and cratered the program.

Taking a wait and see attitude is exactly that. Waiting and seeing. Instead some posters decide its their job to attempt to frame everything as negative as possible. What fan is hoping that 2 good players leave and then get pissed when they don't?

I certainly don’t want the university to burn to the ground, quite the opposite. I want the “year of the Cardinal” back but I do question the motives of those powers to be who did set the fire and they are still in charge. Pitino may have had his name linked to something illegal but that just open the door for their opportunity to seize control.

On the two players, based on previous guys deciding to go pro, how many really thought Nwora was coming back? Hell, the kid didn’t even know until the deadline. He was waiting for that one hope of optimism and he would have been gone. I don’t think anyone was wishing they would go, only trying to be realistic based on past decisions.

Reactions: zipp
I actually agree with most of this. I wasn’t really enamoured with the initial hiring of Pitino, thinking it was more of a gimmick him. I was one of those who thought Larry Eustachy would be a good hire. I always knew Pitino was all about himself but he eventually won me over as far as accepting he was the coach of the University of Louisville because he continued the success of Denny Crum. I lost respect for him as a person after the Sypher issue. I felt more stuff should have come out after stripper gate, which should have led to heads rolling or at least suspensions.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
A lot of fans were upset how Pitino and particularly Jurich were handled. Where most differ with zipp is that he would rather see the school burn to the ground than be proven wrong. There was definitely a power move to get Jurich out but Pitino opened the door for that. Without has back to back scandals his job and Jurich's were safe. They'd have the support of all the fans and were basically untouchable. I don't think Pitino personally knew what was going on but he failed to watch the program and deserved to be fired. That opened the door for Jurich to go also.

I don't really understand why someone would continue to follow a program they clearly despise except for a couple of Jurich holdover coaches. Tyra has made some PR mistakes but he has done a decent job overall. If he was put into place to bring down UofL athletics hiring Chris Mack to coach the top sport in the dept. was a mistake. We could have kept Padgett or hired Kenny Payne and cratered the program.

Taking a wait and see attitude is exactly that. Waiting and seeing. Instead some posters decide its their job to attempt to frame everything as negative as possible. What fan is hoping that 2 good players leave and then get pissed when they don't?
You don't articulate my positions accurately, and you refuse explanations. You simply overlay your own flawed perspectives on everything I say.

You rationalize what has happened in the past in order to support anyone working for U of L. You analyze superficially and repeatedly demonstrate an inability to make substantive observations.

And as nearly as I can tell, those are some of your better qualities...

Try google. There are plenty of great things happening and it doesn’t require a lot of time to find them.

Awesome gif!
You don't have anything that can be independently corroborated. Just a lotta U of L press releases.

Glad you liked it. I'll post it again...

tenor.gif

You don't articulate my positions accurately, and you refuse explanations. You simply overlay your own flawed perspectives on everything I say.

You rationalize what has happened in the past in order to support anyone working for U of L. You analyze superficially and repeatedly demonstrate an inability to make substantive observations.

And as nearly as I can tell, those are some of your better qualities...

You positions are usually BS with some sort of flawed evidence to support them, or you continually change the subject when you get proven wrong. What you say and how you act show 2 different attitudes. Waiting and seeing would be just that rather than trying to piss on any accomplishment from the new admin to the point that it pretty much has to be brought up no matter what the original topic was.

If I'm rationalizing the past, what do you call what you are doing? Pitino got himself fired. Whether he knew he was in charge. If my dept. gets caught embezzling a ton of money 6 months after getting caught embezzling a ton of money I'd expect my job to be in jeopardy as management. Without Pitino making major errors he and Jurich are still untouchable. I don't hate Pitino but I can't feel sorry or want vindication for someone for not getting 10 days before being fired when the school is facing a possible tourney ban for the 2nd time in 5 years because of their tenure.

I guess its some of my bad qualities that I'm not sitting in by basement creating conspiracy theories and scheming how I can frame any action from the new admin in a negative light.

About Nwora and Enoch, I don't judge you for thinking they were gone. It wasn't a crazy idea and I myself thought Nwora would not be coming back. The tantrum when they did is where we differ. Most fans were excited we got 2 good players back and are getting positive offseason publicity. You are obviously pissed off about it. The closest thing to any sort of positivity was that now expectations would be higher and therefore you have a higher line in which you can call Mack a failure if doesn't reach.

Last edited:
I was sorry to see Jurich go and wish he were still our AD. Jurich did so many great things for our programs, and I think that should be acknowledged. Having said that, I'm happy with the two big coaching hires under Tyra, and I think he is doing a great job so far from what I can tell up here in the nosebleed seats. I think it's okay to acknowledge Jurich's contributions while still supporting the people who are now running the program.

Are we allowed to like Jurich AND Tyra? I like what both have done for us.

No two situations are exactly alike, but both guys came back based on hope. Nwora's hoping he has a better season than last year, which was a pretty good year for him personally. Enoch's hoping he has more visibility and shows more upside next year as a 22-year old than he did as a 21-year old. And both are playing on a deeper roster with less playing time available individually.

The NBA supposedly evaluates and compensates young guys based on POTENTIAL. These two really aren't even that young anymore, and they for sure have shown what they can do. Their situations are not that unlike Russ Smith coming back for his senior year hoping for a better season with better results financially.

All of that is about beating the odds. You can gamble and win, but gambling is a fool's game. I can't predict who's gonna try anyway...
If all they are doing is hoping then you are right they made a irrational decision. I doubt they are just hoping though. Gambling with good information and discipline is a profession. They both now have good information do they have the discipline to take advantage of that information. That applies here at Louisville or if they went pro. I don't think the G-League is a better developmental or exposure opportunity. There is still a lot of value playing college basketball.

With that said once the perceived or actual value swings to the G-league NCAA officially has a big problem.

About Nwora and Enoch, I don't judge you for thinking they were gone. It wasn't a crazy idea and I myself thought Nwora would not be coming back. The tantrum when they did is where we differ. Most fans were excited we got 2 good players back and are getting positive offseason publicity. You are obviously pissed off about it. The closest thing to any sort of positivity was that now expectations would be higher and therefore you have a higher line in which you can call Mack a failure if doesn't reach.

He's just in too deep now to turn back in any way. So he's doubling down. Left to the position of insulting their intelligence - feedback from the scouts be damned!

"Sorry guys, you aren't 1st rd picks right now, and here's why..." - Scouts
"The players are irrational" - Dude on a message board

Oh well.

GO CARDS!

Last edited:
If all they are doing is hoping then you are right they made a irrational decision. I doubt they are just hoping though. Gambling with good information and discipline is a profession. They both now have good information do they have the discipline to take advantage of that information. That applies here at Louisville or if they went pro. I don't think the G-League is a better developmental or exposure opportunity. There is still a lot of value playing college basketball.

With that said once the perceived or actual value swings to the G-league NCAA officially has a big problem.
Information is fine, but they're trying to beat the odds. Guys their age have shown the NBA what they need to see. They're both simply in denial about that. It doesn't matter that we (think we) benefit or that it's what we want...

He's just in too deep now to turn back in any way. So he's doubling down. Left to the position of insulting their intelligence - feedback from the scouts be damned!

"Sorry guys, you aren't 1st rd picks right now, and here's why..." - Scouts
"The players are irrational" - Dude on a message board

Oh well.

GO CARDS!
Your psychoanalysis is pretty flimsy.

And it's funny how some of our fans talk outta both sides of their mouths. Put slapd!ck jerseys on Nwora and Enoch as proof. I'd be saying the SAME thing.

Keep trying...

Doesn't matter. What matters is we're going to have a much better basketball team than any of us thought after getting both back. What zipp thinks about it is irrelevant.
No, because this particular issue isn't over... And it won't be until next year's Draft...

I was sorry to see Jurich go and wish he were still our AD. Jurich did so many great things for our programs, and I think that should be acknowledged. Having said that, I'm happy with the two big coaching hires under Tyra, and I think he is doing a great job so far from what I can tell up here in the nosebleed seats. I think it's okay to acknowledge Jurich's contributions while still supporting the people who are now running the program.

Are we allowed to like Jurich AND Tyra? I like what both have done for us.
I wouldn't let 1987 try to get you off topic. He can't argue the specifics without digressing to generalities--of which he's clueless as well...

I will respond to your post since I don’t think the California guy is capable of understanding. The ex employees, as they are referred to as by some, weren’t and still are not enemies of the university. In fact, their issues were they wanted the world for the university even though people thought that was greed. Nobody seemed to mind when “their” greed and our hopes for NC’s aligned. However the powers at be, Grissom, Bevin, Schnatter, others were jealous of Tom’s and Rick’s power, reveling in their own insecurities and thinking nobody should have that kind of power. So they set in motion a way to bring them down. If you can’t be a little suspicious of the motives then you were never truly a fan of the University. But as you said, we have to move on, which I am doing but with some trepidation. Vince has doing some really good things but it will take time for him or anybody else to equal the accomplishments that we have achieved and expect.
Suspicious of the motives? IMO I was ready to fire Pitino the second the Bowen stuff broke. Regardless of the wins and whether or not he actively participated or was just terrible at running a program. We were the laughing stock of college sports as the perennial cheater that just had embarrassing scandal after embarrassing scandal. Management had gone off the rails at the university. Change was jusitified, and has helped immensely. At best Rick and Tom had become exceptionally lazy in ensuring compliance/character judgement of new hires. At worst they actively participated in multiple NCAA violations.

At best Rick and Tom had become exceptionally lazy in ensuring compliance/character judgement of new hires. .

I think their overall mindset was a bit arrogant - I think Rick was also frustrated with the landscape of the game and after years of following the rules kind of knowingly, or looking the other way kind of crossed the line and began to maybe rationalize becoming more of a part of the corrupt system.

Really sad all around because what TJ and Rick did for this university was really amazing during their tenures.

Suspicious of the motives? IMO I was ready to fire Pitino the second the Bowen stuff broke. Regardless of the wins and whether or not he actively participated or was just terrible at running a program. We were the laughing stock of college sports as the perennial cheater that just had embarrassing scandal after embarrassing scandal. Management had gone off the rails at the university. Change was jusitified, and has helped immensely. At best Rick and Tom had become exceptionally lazy in ensuring compliance/character judgement of new hires. At worst they actively participated in multiple NCAA violations.
Understand your thoughts but what you and I think doesn’t matter. He (anybody in that situation) had to be fired for just cause and correct me if I am wrong, his name has not surfaced again as committing something he could be fired for in his contract...
I actually was in favor of him getting canned after the stripper incident or at least suffered a stiff suspension. That didn’t happen. Just because his name came back up, doesn’t necessarily mean you can fire him because you didn’t do it before. What I mean is legally. Again what we want is inconsequential because we don’t know everything that transpired.

Really sad all around because what TJ and Rick did for this university was really amazing during their tenures.

I agree. Pitino and Jurich have to bear the blame for how their tenures ended up, but I think in the long-term, their contributions will end up outweighing the negatives. Yes we had a banner and final fours stripped, but imagine if Pitino never came here and we had gotten Larry Eustachy or one of the other 2nd tier guys who were available. We might be where UCLA and IU are today - searching for any kind of relevancy.

IU really HASN'T won anything since around the time Pitino came in. We won some things that certain people now ignore. But we're still a big time program. I question whether that's the case anymore in Bloomington and L.A.

Without Pitino and Jurich we're playing Cincinnati and Memphis in the AAC. Jurich navigated us from C-USA to the Big East, and to the ACC. We still have some storms to weather, but 20 years from now we'll still be in the ACC.

Reactions: BPGhost and PHCARD
Understand your thoughts but what you and I think doesn’t matter. He (anybody in that situation) had to be fired for just cause and correct me if I am wrong, his name has not surfaced again as committing something he could be fired for in his contract...
I actually was in favor of him getting canned after the stripper incident or at least suffered a stiff suspension. That didn’t happen. Just because his name came back up, doesn’t necessarily mean you can fire him because you didn’t do it before. What I mean is legally. Again what we want is inconsequential because we don’t know everything that transpired.
I get where you’re coming from as well. However, I think a reasonable judge would conclude that Pitino was fired for just cause. Negligence/Malfeasance is surely in his contract. The pay-out is still on the line and that is why these discussions still matter.

How you get into a mess isn't nearly as important as how you get out of it. People make mistakes, some people are negligent, and the world is full of a growing number of jackwagons. If you're in a position of responsibility, you have to manage around and through those situations.

Focusing on what happened instead of what happened afterward and what is happening now is not understanding how to manage a crisis. You can't prevent the crisis, and fixating on how it happened is pointless. Still talking about Jurich and Pitino at this point is evidence of that...

You're an idiot if you think any of these guys in power don't stare blankly at their business cards with their names and titles embossed on them.

You have to think a little deeper than that. You have to recognize when their personal goals align with the university's. Having a fanboy AD simply gives you a fanboy culture. Having a Prez who hugs everyone she sees is simply an effort to make you love her. Neither has anything to do with doing a job, and I'm highly suspicious that they're efforts to mask those very deficiencies.

You don't have to love everyone or be a fanboy to be a good leader. I don't want or trust that ish...
Fan boy culture? Says the guy with Jurich as an avatar.

How are those two related? Your comprehension issues don't indicate anything...
In the past I would visit this board and occasionally find interesting topics and conversation. You were oftentimes a part of the dialogue.It seems like in the last 18 months you have become a totally different personality. I always found it comical that you hated UK so much but now your blind loyalty to the Jurich regime seems to have made you choose another entity to hate, UL. Your love for the past seems to be so strong that you detest anything positive about the current AD and athletic program. Its a game man. People are fans and most realize, fan is short for fanatical. Seriously, it seems like many on this board are joining me and watching you go insane. Take a pill and relax. You are fighting make believe demons.

Reactions: Mayoman
In the past I would visit this board and occasionally find interesting topics and conversation. You were oftentimes a part of the dialogue.It seems like in the last 18 months you have become a totally different personality. I always found it comical that you hated UK so much but now your blind loyalty to the Jurich regime seems to have made you choose another entity to hate, UL. Your love for the past seems to be so strong that you detest anything positive about the current AD and athletic program. Its a game man. People are fans and most realize, fan is short for fanatical. Seriously, it seems like many on this board are joining me and watching you go insane. Take a pill and relax. You are fighting make believe demons.
And yet you are posting in a thread asking “where’s that one poster” knowing and encouraging that one poster to respond. Very ironic. It takes two to play the game of back and forth..

Reactions: PHCARD
Hmm.. yeah look at you! Look at UL_86’s last 3 posts in this threads. No substance, just throwing jabs and you perpetuate it by liking it. Hypocrite!

Hmm.. yeah look at you! Look at UL_86’s last 3 posts in this threads. No substance, just throwing jabs and you perpetuate it by liking it. Hypocrite!
You know, had I actually posted something (anything) negative about the back and forth
- you might actually have a leg to stand on by calling me a hypocrite. As it stands, you seem oddly fixated on whose posts are getting likes, and whose are not. That seems rather silly - no?

It seems clear to me, that this is a situation where a large majority of the posters here have reached their limit with zippy’s constant drumbeat of negativity and have decided to loudly call him out on it. For whatever reason you - who again, not long ago were the object of zippy’s scorn - have decided to post in support of him - and in many cases in a very antagonistic fashion. That’s certainly your prerogative to do so but, it seems a little curious that you seem to be caught off guard when your posts are treated in the same manner as zippy’s.

Just saying is all...

Reactions: UL_1986
And yet you are posting in a thread asking “where’s that one poster” knowing and encouraging that one poster to respond. Very ironic. It takes two to play the game of back and forth..
He has made more posts in this thread than anyone. He needs no encouragement to take part on this board. He has like 50000 posts! You seem to be the official Zipp apologists. I assume it keeps you busy.

Reactions: BPGhost and UL_1986
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT