ADVERTISEMENT

When Mangok Comes Back....

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
do you think we'll see a lot more Mahmoud at PF?

Right now Pitino has to do that sparingly as Mahmoud is the best back up C we have. But when Mangok comes back I think it will free up Mahmoud to play more PF where his game seems best suited. When he doesn't have to body up on the biggest opposing player he does a lot better usually. With Nanu taking care of that it frees Mahmoud to roam a little bit more. If Anas can develop his outside shot a bit more it would be spectacular. His back to the basket game, along with his length, is already pretty effective. And he just needs a bit more strength to help out there.

Last edited:
Absolutely I do. I think he will be the primary back up at 4 and at 5 but I doubt Mangok will be back to his full minutes until ACC tourney time.

I still think Ray and Jaylen will play based on match ups but I think we will mostly see a combination of 2 of the 3 of Nanu Mangok and Anas on the court

I'd love to see the offense moving thru him at times out high. I was thinking last night late,go ahead Rick and get them both out there together.Anas wasn't in foul trouble.Hard to watch him and Mitchell sitting late in that game.They were instrumental in the game going back our way.

Absolutely I do. I think he will be the primary back up at 4 and at 5 but I doubt Mangok will be back to his full minutes until ACC tourney time.

I still think Ray and Jaylen will play based on match ups but I think we will mostly see a combination of 2 of the 3 of Nanu Mangok and Anas on the court

That's true about, Mangok. He will have some game rust for sure for a little while at least. Yeah match ups will definitely determine those positions as well.

I'd love to see the offense moving thru him at times out high. I was thinking last night late,go ahead Rick and get them both out there together.Anas wasn't in foul trouble.Hard to watch him and Mitchell sitting late in that game.They were instrumental in the game going back our way.

I would love to the offense occasionally moving through him out top as well. Would give the Cards a different look. Might definitely see more of that next season.

Getting Mathiang back will help the depth of the front line but there is no doubt he'll be rusty. I hope he doesn't disrupt the chemistry the team has developed since he's been out.

Reactions: shadow force
Getting Mathiang back will help the depth of the front line but there is no doubt he'll be rusty. I hope he doesn't disrupt the chemistry the team has developed since he's been out.
Cue,I think getting Mango back will only mean more options in the frontcourt.He will be a solid backup for Onuaku.As far as the chemistry,I think his status as team captain has solidified any problems there.These guys love him,or so it seems.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT