ADVERTISEMENT

When I saw that Ted Valentine was one of the refs, I though we were in trouble.

Jan 10, 2005
In that game, I thought most, though not all, of the bad calls went in our favor. In the foul that led to the Pitt technical, I thought it should have been a no call, so I was surprised to see it work out for us.

Reactions: PHCARD
In that game, I thought most, though not all, of the bad calls went in our favor. In the foul that led to the Pitt technical, I thought it should have been a no call, so I was surprised to see it work out for us.

Maybe he likes Mack? Maybe he hated Pitino? Maybe it was some combination of the two?

Or maybe he'll get the Cards next time?

It's really hard to believe he's still in this line of work calling marquee games.

One of my suspicions is we will not get to play as aggressively in places like Cameron. Every reach will be a foul. Every paint drive will result in a foul call. Thoughts?

Did you know Valentine was the ref that tossed Knight when he threw the chair across the court against Purdue like 40 years ago? Guys is in pretty damn good shape for his age. TV Teddy at his best.

I don’t believe Teddy has a bias but he definitely lets you know that he is control of the game. Cross that line and things probably won’t go well for your team. He referees by the book.

I don't care for Valentine much just because he wants to be a part of the game and usually makes a poor call which shapes the outcome. A really good referee never becomes part of the game. Valentine always does. Always.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT