ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on with the Ravens

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Is Scott Satterfield calling plays for the Ravens? Lamar and the boys are struggling against the Colts with some really questionable play calling.

Is there something wrong with my TV? I can swear those are purple jerseys but they're playing like the Louisville Cardinals.

Nothing going on, just tied up. LJ had some butterfingers. Let’s go Ravens!

Reactions: Deeva
Wow! That's the Lamar I remember in red and black. The man can sling it.

I wonder if the coach changes the run philosophy going forward? Ravens top backs are injured so time to be a passing team. LJ is the man.

Lamar with a NFL record setting performance. But, his receivers caught everything and the linemen with the blocked field goal deserve high praise.

It's hard to believe that right now, Lamar's salary is still below 1 million dollars a year. He's at 900 grand. He has to be one of if not the most underpaid superstars in professional sports.

Of course that's going to change very soon.

Brian Griese is a great analyst and explained what happens when an offense starts stringing together long drives of many plays like the Ravens did in the second half. Quite simply, the rushing defenders, who are going all out attempting to rush the QB, get exhausted and cannot maintain their explosive combination of speed and power.

The Colts rushed 4 and sometimes 5, making it easier for the Ravens receivers to get open than when teams use a 3-man rush and drop 8 in coverage. It didn’t make a difference in terms of the outcome for the Colts. They couldn’t get to Lamar like they were able to at the beginning of the game, when they were fresh.

In UofL’s case, our defense is a little like the Colts (limited to a 53-man roster) in that our lack of depth does not allow us to keep running fresh defenders on the field. Had we been able to run a full 2-deep front 7 against Virginia, we could have rushed 4 and sometimes 5 players to get pressure on the UVA QB.

FBf3jM-WUAUtxtg

Lamar's 1,860 combined passing and rushing yards are more than 17 NFL teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: PushupMan and Deeva
It's hard to believe that right now, Lamar's salary is still below 1 million dollars a year. He's at 900 grand. He has to be one of if not the most underpaid superstars in professional sports.

Of course that's going to change very soon.
Agent Mama, do your thing. I guess Mama J is still his agent?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT