ADVERTISEMENT

What type of impact do you think King will have next season

No way to tell at this point. He IS obviously very talented, but under Coach Pitino, defense dictates minutes. If he can pick up the defensive schemes, he has a chance to get his minutes. He will competing for time with some older players, who have already shown the ability to defend.

Reactions: Cue Card
I think he'll definitely get some PT this season. However what Steelers said is true. If King can play defense at a Pitino level then he will play regardless. For those that think Pitino never plays freshmen it isn't as simple as that. Many times there is a more experienced player ahead of that person that already knows how to play in Pitino's system. However if that freshman has a good work ethic and can play on both ends of the court they will play. See Mitchell, Spalding, and (when uninjured) Adel last season. They all got some quality PT. I think King, with his talent, will as well. I don't think he'll have a huge impact but will make a decent contribution at least. We'll see.

No way to tell at this point. He IS obviously very talented, but under Coach Pitino, defense dictates minutes. If he can pick up the defensive schemes, he has a chance to get his minutes. He will competing for time with some older players, who have already shown the ability to defend.

So true. If King doesn't bring it on the defensive side of the ball, then his minutes will be limited.

Last season, we had the brilliantly conceived trip to Puerto Rico to allow us the get the freshmen and the other 2 new guys into the flow. This year, VJ will have to learn on the fly like regular people. I know nothing about his game at all so I won't pollute the board with raw guesses, but it sounds like he is a complete player.

Kid's gotta know he's not playing if he doesn't do it defensively.Tbs,I think he buys in early and becomes a key to the team from the start.

I believe that every spot is open. I think King may start if his defense is up to CRP's expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT