ADVERTISEMENT

We Will Beat Kensucky.

Lol - this from the group that crowns the sec football champion in August and predicts 40-0 every year. Yeah - yut fans don’t deal in hypotheticals. :rolleyes:
I know...I mean predicting 40-0 and only going 38-1 (most wins in NCAA history) was such a cold take....choke job yes....but not a bad prediction (The 2014 40-0 picks were dumb...but we ended up in the title game anyways)

And be real...reasonable UK fans don't predict SEC title...actually reasonable SEC fans don't pick their teams to beat Bama lol

But what is unreasonable is a fan base that guaranteed their defense would be way better without Sirmon...and that Bobby 1.0 would be back and the offense wouldn't take a step back with Puma Pass....a lot of pages of proof on this board.

Reactions: UKRob 73
I know...I mean predicting 40-0 and only going 38-1 (most wins in NCAA history) was such a cold take....choke job yes....but not a bad prediction (The 2014 40-0 picks were dumb...but we ended up in the title game anyways)

And be real...reasonable UK fans don't predict SEC title...actually reasonable SEC fans don't pick their teams to beat Bama lol

But what is unreasonable is a fan base that guaranteed their defense would be way better without Sirmon...and that Bobby 1.0 would be back and the offense wouldn't take a step back with Puma Pass....a lot of pages of proof on this board.
All I know is there are lots of Haitian kids that continually are grateful for the annual truckload of 40-0 shirts that they receive from the yuts. As for football - you of course are right about the erroneous predictions regarding UofL's football team THIS year.

That said, I'd say Louisville fans have a lot more historical reason - particularly in this century - to be optimistic about their football program, than do the residents of lexington.

I would say defense is more important...and having an offense that can do enough is all you need to be a good team. I would say our defense and rushing attack are elite...passing attack is medicore...not Puma Pass bad but close.
Lol - I don't think "elite" means what you think it means.

Pass has not played well to be sure however, he's far from Terry Wilson bad. How bad must Hoak suck that stupes keeps trotting that turnover machine out there? Thank goodness he has snell - otherwise his terribleness would be even more on display.

Reactions: STLNBSE
All I know is there are lots of Haitian kids that continually are grateful for the annual truckload of 40-0 shirts that they receive from the yuts. As for football - you of course are right about the erroneous predictions regarding UofL's football team THIS year.

That said, I'd say Louisville fans have a lot more historical reason - particularly in this century - to be optimistic about their football program, than do the residents of lexington.
I mean even NC State has reason to be more optimistic historically than UK for football. I mean if being better than us historically is a goal...then maybe that's why you guys are where you are right now and I'd raise expectations.

But...you guys have had more success I will grant you...but I would say that you guys are closer to us than you are Clemson. (wide gap)

I mean even NC State has reason to be more optimistic historically than UK for football. I mean if being better than us historically is a goal...then maybe that's why you guys are where you are right now and I'd raise expectations.

But...you guys have had more success I will grant you...but I would say that you guys are closer to us than you are Clemson. (wide gap)
Less of a goal than a given. :)

Pass has not played well to be sure however, he's far from Terry Wilson bad. How bad must Hoak suck that stupes keeps trotting that turnover machine out there? Thank goodness he has snell - otherwise his terribleness would be even more on display.
Pass
102 for 186 54.8% for 1,229 yards 6 Touchdowns to 8 interceptions
-10 Rushing Yards for 2 Touchdowns
Played the current 69th strength of schedule

Wilson
78 for 122 63.9% for 722 yards 4 Touchdowns to 5 Interceptions
395 Rushing Yards 3 Touchdowns
Played the 15th Strength of Schedule

I can't easily find a good SOS measure...I'll correct that if someone can send me a better ranking system.

Passing....Wilson and pass both haven't been effective...Pass just throws it more against sub-par teams...but Wilson's running dimension puts him on another level than Puma. Biased fans make inaccurate statements...numbers don't.

We have bragging rights until you beat us. 6 of 7 and we didn't punt last year.

With that said, you all have a solid team this year and deserve to be ranked. NFL talent on both sides of the ball and a defense that I never though ole Stoops could manage.

Now, I see us giving up 300 yards to Benny Snell and Josh Allen in our backfield all day, but who knows. And until you beat us, we have the Governor's Cup until you guys take it from us LPT.

Pass
102 for 186 54.8% for 1,229 yards 6 Touchdowns to 8 interceptions
-10 Rushing Yards for 2 Touchdowns
Played the current 69th strength of schedule

Wilson
78 for 122 63.9% for 722 yards 4 Touchdowns to 5 Interceptions
395 Rushing Yards 3 Touchdowns
Played the 15th Strength of Schedule

I can't easily find a good SOS measure...I'll correct that if someone can send me a better ranking system.

Passing....Wilson and pass both haven't been effective...Pass just throws it more against sub-par teams...but Wilson's running dimension puts him on another level than Puma. Biased fans make inaccurate statements...numbers don't.
Biased fans do make inaccurate statements and numbers don't lie but, there are of course the intangibles that you so clearly overlook. Wilson is terrible despite the fact that the yut OL is outstanding. Wilson is so terrible there are a dozen threads on the Liar begging for Hoak to play. Give Pass that same quality of OL - one that run blocks and pass protects - rather than the one in front of him and the "numbers" would tell quite a different story.

If you know anything about football - and I doubt that you do - the yuts would be a significantly better offensive team if you had Pass playing QB instead of terry turnover.

Biased fans do make inaccurate statements and numbers don't lie but, there are of course the intangibles that you so clearly overlook. Wilson is terrible despite the fact that the yut OL is outstanding. Wilson is so terrible there are a dozen threads on the Liar begging for Hoak to play. Give Pass that same quality of OL - one that run blocks and pass protects - rather than the one in front of him and the "numbers" would tell quite a different story.

If you know anything about football - and I doubt that you do - the yuts would be a significantly better offensive team if you had Pass playing QB instead of terry turnover.
I think Wilson is just a raw athlete with a strong arm...that just doesn't have the confidence. He has a lot of intangibles (4.4 speed and rocket arm) that could make him a good QB if he puts it together...Pass is in his 3rd year under QB guru Bobby Petrino...Bobby made Hunter Cantwell(who I watched play for 3 years in high school) into a servicable QB. Pass just lacks fundamentals.

Well I think they both under-perform, but be real...Wilson has struggled against good teams....Pass got benched against WKU and Indiana State.

I think Wilson is just a raw athlete with a strong arm...that just doesn't have the confidence. He has a lot of intangibles (4.4 speed and rocket arm) that could make him a good QB if he puts it together...Pass is in his 3rd year under QB guru Bobby Petrino...Bobby made Hunter Cantwell(who I watched play for 3 years in high school) into a servicable QB. Pass just lacks fundamentals.

Well I think they both under-perform, but be real...Wilson has struggled against good teams....Pass got benched against WKU and Indiana State.
And kentucky would still be better offensively with Pass at QB.

And kentucky would still be better offensively with Pass at QB.
We'd probably be the same...we probably don't beat Florida with Pass. Wilson is a threat to take off and run from anywhere....Pass just flat out can't throw the ball and isn't really that special of a runner.

We'd probably be the same...we probably don't beat Florida with Pass. Wilson is a threat to take off and run from anywhere....Pass just flat out can't throw the ball and isn't really that special of a runner.
Like I said previously - if you knew football - you wouldn't be a yut fan. Shit, Cunningham is better than wilson. With that said, I don't care enough to continue this conversation.

Like I said previously - if you knew football - you wouldn't be a yut fan. Shit, Cunningham is better than wilson. With that said, I don't care enough to continue this conversation.
I know you guys like to talk about how we don't know anything about good football...but we are experts in bad football. I've seen some bad QB's....and Jawon Trassh...I mean Pass is awful.

Is Wilson good? Not at passing anyways...but Pass is not good because well...he's not good. Not because of O-Line or receivers...and he has superior offensive coaching...he's just flat awful. But hey...you're the football expert not me I guess ;)

You sound like our fan-base back in the Labor Day weekend era. We used to be offseason champs! Boy the times have flipped. You guys have empty stadiums like we did against Vandy in 2012 (you all loved to post that pick)

And if we lose to you all (.00001% chance), I'll be here to eat crow....but you guys are bad. We could sit Benny Snell and still beat you guys.
No you couldn’t, Snell is your only offensive heartbeat. Now your defense is getting gashed, we aren’t going to be favored, but it should be a much closer game than some of you think.

No you couldn’t, Snell is your only offensive heartbeat. Now your defense is getting gashed, we aren’t going to be favored, but it should be a much closer game than some of you think.
Yeah...but we are struggling against teams like Mizzou and Tennessee who aren't awful...maybe average teams. I just think those teams are a little different than Louisville.

Factually speaking, you've given up over 50 points in 4 of your last 5 games. That game you didn't give up 50...you gave up 38 to Boston College who did not have their top running back. Van Gorder didn't get fired did he...? Because if not I don't see much changing.

I wouldn't say our defense is gashed...maybe they're getting wore down at the end, but nothing says to me that you guys are hitting your stride. We also play at CUSA team this week while your guys are playing a physical NC State...so we will be a little more fresh going into the game.

I’m not saying that we’ll gash you, I’m saying that Kentucky isn’t what everyone thought they were. And Tennessee has a horrible offense, don’t sugarcoat that.

I’m not saying that we’ll gash you, I’m saying that Kentucky isn’t what everyone thought they were. And Tennessee has a horrible offense, don’t sugarcoat that.
I didn't feel good about the game going in....it was similar to your game against us after the Houston let down in 2016.

And our offense has flat-lined. I would say UT scoring only 24 points when the offense went 2 1/2 quarters w/o a TD doesn't say our defense is out of gas. Tennessee does have good defensive talent and Pruitt is a good coach...Gran isn't good at in-game adjustments, I'd like a new coordinator...but he's what we got for now.

I just see UK vs. UofL as a matchup advantage for us...you all are the type of team we can thrive against. Your run D just looks like it would be perfect for Snell/Rose/Wilson to be able to have a big day. And I'd imagine the playbook for Wilson will open up a little more because the deep ball will be there for us.

I wonder if uk will have to punt this year? With UofL's defense, they may not have to.

If uk dominates this year like the Cards did last year....than so be it. Or they could be ripe for the upset too.

This years match up will be beyond interesting for a host of reasons. Will the Cards score enough or will the Cats show up to dominate or merely just win the game. Time will tell. Hope for a good, hard hitting, injury free game.
Anything can happen in a rivalry game.

Go Cards!

Wilson has a 124 QB rating, Pass has a 110.

This is shaping up to be the most fun, relaxed and enjoyable matchup that I can remember from the Louisville perspective.

Every ounce of pressure is on Kentucky to win this game. They'll come in ranked, heavy favorites and likely an upper echelon bowl spot on the line. Would have to think dropping to 8-4 with losses to UT and UL would make them much less desirable.

If UK loses to this UL team with like 4 coaches on staff and a 2-3 win team that ranks in the bottom of every statistical category on both sides of the ball? Man....with the 2nd half of Stoops' season collapsing...again. It would make for an interesting off season.

This is shaping up to be the most fun, relaxed and enjoyable matchup that I can remember from the Louisville perspective.

Every ounce of pressure is on Kentucky to win this game. They'll come in ranked, heavy favorites and likely an upper echelon bowl spot on the line. Would have to think dropping to 8-4 with losses to UT and UL would make them much less desirable.

If UK loses to this UL team with like 4 coaches on staff and a 2-3 win team that ranks in the bottom of every statistical category on both sides of the ball? Man....with the 2nd half of Stoops' season collapsing...again. It would make for an interesting off season.
I heard this "spoiler" role for UofL being discussed on the radio the other day. UofL is not used to playing the role of spoiler to UK's success; usually it's the other way around. We've knocked them out of bowl eligibility in the past, but have never played the role of trying to knock them down a notch in the bowl food chain while we weren't bowl eligible ourselves. It's not a good place to be to have your only goal left to be spoiling your rivaI's season. I don't like this role reversal one bit, and hope we rise out of it next year.

Reactions: Bank Cat
I heard this "spoiler" role for UofL being discussed on the radio the other day. UofL is not used to playing the role of spoiler to UK's success; usually it's the other way around. We've knocked them out of bowl eligibility in the past, but have never played the role of trying to knock them down a notch in the bowl food chain while we weren't bowl eligible ourselves. It's not a good place to be to have your only goal left to be spoiling your rivaI's season. I don't like this role reversal one bit, and hope we rise out of it next year.

Right. Obviously you would rather not be here but I'm saying this is at least a silver lining.

If we can end the season with wins over UK and announce the hiring of Brohm? I'm all set for next year.

Reactions: Steelers2012
I mean any game on the road is tough, especially against a rival team. Now if you guys have a hostile crowd, it could be tough. Your guys will be energized because we are your Super Bowl...if the crowd matches it who knows.

But I'm betting there will be a lot of blue in those seats next weekend. Benny for 150-200 yards and 4 touchdowns

Reactions: gobigblue812
If we can end the season with wins over UK and announce the hiring of Brohm? I'm all set for next year.

This is going to happen.
And youll have the majority of
Bama fans errrrrrr SuCkS fans begging barnfart not to renew the series when it is up in 5(?) Years.

Big blew nation is going to lose their minds !

I think Kentucky will see a lot of Cunningham playing quarterback, he can definitely run.

Few thoughts.....the guy that said we are your Super Bowl......really??? I think Bama and Clemson would take that honor this year. I thought UK was a top 15 team about a month ago, but yet another piss in the wind ending. They are a top 30 program and compared to most years that is pretty solid and hell, I would take that right now, for sure. I'm sick of the UK fans saying I wouldn't be shocked if UL upsets us.......UK fans are saying that so they don't look stupid in case that happens, but I give us less than a 10% chance to win this game. 18 of the last 20 years, I have went into this game confident and represented the confidence--you all are 8-3 and we are 2-9, own it and shut up! And.......you better get it while you can!

Few thoughts.....the guy that said we are your Super Bowl......really??? I think Bama and Clemson would take that honor this year. I thought UK was a top 15 team about a month ago, but yet another piss in the wind ending. They are a top 30 program and compared to most years that is pretty solid and hell, I would take that right now, for sure. I'm sick of the UK fans saying I wouldn't be shocked if UL upsets us.......UK fans are saying that so they don't look stupid in case that happens, but I give us less than a 10% chance to win this game. 18 of the last 20 years, I have went into this game confident and represented the confidence--you all are 8-3 and we are 2-9, own it and shut up! And.......you better get it while you can!
I mean...I've seen so many of you say that a win over UK would make this season so much better and memorable. It would make your year so much better to beat a ranked UK team during your worst season ever. This is the game you want.

And lets not forget, you dumped the Gatorade cooler on Bobby after you beat us last year...Gatorade baths are usually for...idk....Super Bowl level victories?

I will be shocked if you upset us, because its not going to happen. I'll come back and eat crow if it does....but its not going to happen.

I mean...I've seen so many of you say that a win over UK would make this season so much better and memorable. It would make your year so much better to beat a ranked UK team during your worst season ever. This is the game you want.

And lets not forget, you dumped the Gatorade cooler on Bobby after you beat us last year...Gatorade baths are usually for...idk....Super Bowl level victories?

I will be shocked if you upset us, because its not going to happen. I'll come back and eat crow if it does....but its not going to happen.

You are really bringing up a gatorade bath on a previous game, good lord look around any level of football. Shit, Clemson rushes the field on most games, WTH and did it to us this year-----come on man!! And you are going out on a huge limb by guaranteeing that W. Slightly above average team limping in VS a dumpster fire........

You are really bringing up a gatorade bath on a previous game, good lord look around any level of football. Shit, Clemson rushes the field on most games, WTH and did it to us this year-----come on man!! And you are going out on a huge limb by guaranteeing that W. Slightly above average team limping in VS a dumpster fire........
That UT game was rough, no excuses. But we aren't playing a team the caliber of Tennessee on Saturday.

You all will nitpick our season where we finish top 15 with 9 wins in a power conference (that's as good as you all did with a Heisman trophy winner), and you can debate how good we really are....but we will win Saturday because we are the far superior team.

That UT game was rough, no excuses. But we aren't playing a team the caliber of Tennessee on Saturday.

You all will nitpick our season where we finish top 15 with 9 wins in a power conference (that's as good as you all did with a Heisman trophy winner), and you can debate how good we really are....but we will win Saturday because we are the far superior team.
Congrats, your best team in 50 years is better than our worst team in 30. Funny thing is your team is still mediocre and Stoops will likely get an extension despite being an awful coach. Next week is when the wheels really come off. Losing Snell and basically your whole defense. You all will be lucky to win 5 games next year.

Congrats, your best team in 50 years is better than our worst team in 30. Funny thing is your team is still mediocre and Stoops will likely get an extension despite being an awful coach. Next week is when the wheels really come off. Losing Snell and basically your whole defense. You all will be lucky to win 5 games next year.
Oh? That's the trash talk now "We were better than you last year and you all might hypothetically be bad next year, so lets ignore the present" Weird flex, but ok.

Far superior? You call having the nation's 114th ranked offense "far superior?" You call an all time losing record "far superior?" Alabama, now, they are far superior. UK's having their best year in a long ass time, and we still don't respect you. Sustain the success. Be better than average for an extended period of time, then you can self claim "far superior."

Clemson comes on to the field every home game, has for decades.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT