ADVERTISEMENT

We Will Beat Kensucky.

Again you’re comparing UK playing in the SEC for 50+ years and UL playing in below par division 1 conferences. We’ll see how well the Cards do in the ACC long term. Right now it doesn’t look so good.
So how about you use your logic then during basketball season.....

You guys play in the historically shittiest basketball conference known to man...racking up wins, conference championships and high tourny seedings and then making t shirts about having the most wins, UK2gay etc..all the while Louisville has been playing in the BIG Beast (in my opinion the best basketball conference in my lifetime) and now the ACC.

I get your argument, but you cant have it both ways when it suits your argument.

UL has been better recently. I don't think it can be debated. UK was put on probation which really hurt the program. Rick Brooks came in and brought the program back to life only to have Joker crash it back down to probation level again. Stoops has righted the ship while Bobby seems to be going the wrong way at least for now.

I propose to make a message board wager. Considering the records and the perceived current status of the two teams, I would like to proposed the following. If U of L wins, all the kitty lovers (you know who you are) either have change their screen names or don’t post again on the football message board. If the kitties win (which they won’t) you can continue to post as you do now within scrutiny of the board rules. You guys have such a big advantage, show us your faith in your team. Takers?

Maybe because you have played in mid level conferences all but 5 years out of the last 30?

OK let's be reasonable here. I think you have forgotten how good the Big East was in the mid-2000's. Cincy, Louisville, WVU, Rutgers (Ray Rice era), Pitt, and USF were all consistent Top 25 teams. WVU, Louisville, and USF were consistent Top 15 teams. WVU and Louisville were both in the Top 5 when they faced off. UConn was solid here and there. Syracuse was bad. Big East went undefeated, 6-0, in the 2006 (I think) bowl season. I have said this many times - mid-2000's Big East was better top to bottom than the ACC.

Reactions: Chapman123
So how about you use your logic then during basketball season.....

You guys play in the historically shittiest basketball conference known to man...racking up wins, conference championships and high tourny seedings and then making t shirts about having the most wins, UK2gay etc..all the while Louisville has been playing in the BIG Beast (in my opinion the best basketball conference in my lifetime) and now the ACC.

I get your argument, but you cant have it both ways when it suits your argument.
Why are you acting like you’ve been in the Big East / ACC forever?

Reactions: -BBH-
At least the SEC has champions besides Kentucky in the past couple decades. Big12 doesn’t have one besides Kansas but I don’t hear about how weak that conference is?

Also, we have championships in basketball. Louisville football has none so I’m not sure it’s apples to apples

@Chapman123

Ky has that Sagarin National Championship from back in the 50s that was declared in the early 2000s. Most Ky fans didn’t even realize it until Maddy Bangs told them. Oklahoma was the actual champion that year. Didn’t Ky make a faux crystal football trophy for that when Stupes got there?

Ky has that Sagarin National Championship from back in the 50s that was declared in the early 2000s. Most Ky fans didn’t even realize it until Maddy Bangs told them. Oklahoma was the actual champion that year. Didn’t Ky make a faux crystal football trophy for that when Stupes got there?
Idk did we? Who really cares?

I'll tell you what is trending... Ky not having more than 1 good season in a row. Have 2 in a row, then get back with us about trends.

One of your own guys said it above...

Last 23 games:
UL- 10-13
UK- 14-9

That's two seasons+ of a trend. by the end of this year those numbers will look even worse. And that was with your best player ever for most of those games. YEP...pretty telling trend

Y’all should beat us this year, but you lose your team after this and will take you another 5 years to build up again.

Sure did, you said BCS and there is no longer a BCS. Playoff and NY6. And.....if memory serves me correct we beat the dog&^$% of an 11-2 mighty SEC powerhouse that year in the Sugar Bowl. And remind me again the last time UK played in any type of major, semi-major,or remotely major bowl....that was quick huh. Do you understand that question.....

And 12 out of the last 18, Kragthorpe was your friend.

it's so funny how Kragthorpe is always mentioned when excusing crappy teams and years of losing.

we could say the same thing about Joker years And the carnage he left Stoops. and the post mummy probation years Brooks had to deal with.

Y’all should beat us this year, but you lose your team after this and will take you another 5 years to build up again.

We lose Allen and most likely Smell and our 4 starters in secondary. but most of our O and D lines return with good depth. and we have some very solid younger guys. we'll be very solid next year.

And actually have a much more manageable schedule.

We lose Allen and most likely Smell and our 4 starters in secondary. but most of our O and D lines return with good depth. and we have some very solid younger guys. we'll be very solid next year.

And actually have a much more manageable schedule.
You lose 7 starters on defense and 6 on offense, which includes by far the best player on each side of the ball. As for your offensive line, two of your five starters are seniors.

You lose 7 starters on defense and 6 on offense, which includes by far the best player on each side of the ball. As for your offensive line, two of your five starters are seniors.

We lose 4 starting db's on D and 2 of 4 linebackers(Allen and Jones). but safeties will be fine. corners will be young.
On Dline we play 3 man front and rotate 7 guys and our 8th and most talented(Paschal) hasn't played because of skin cancer but is practicing again and rumored to be back for UGA. only 2 seniors that split time so 6 of 8 back.

Offense- lose WR, RB, TE, and 2 linemen. but rotate linemen and get former 5 star Young back from injury.

certainly lose our best 2 players and several future pros at LB, DB, RB,and possibly OL.

We return 6 on O and 5 on D for all intents and purposes. plus a bunch of guys that have been in the program 3+ years getting solid minutes. much easier schedule as well. If your hope is we call off the cliff you're going to be mistaken

We lose 4 starting db's on D and 2 of 4 linebackers(Allen and Jones). but safeties will be fine. corners will be young.
On Dline we play 3 man front and rotate 7 guys and our 8th and most talented(Paschal) hasn't played because of skin cancer but is practicing again and rumored to be back for UGA. only 2 seniors that split time so 6 of 8 back.

Offense- lose WR, RB, TE, and 2 linemen. but rotate linemen and get former 5 star Young back from injury.

certainly lose our best 2 players and several future pros at LB, DB, RB,and possibly OL.

We return 6 on O and 5 on D for all intents and purposes. plus a bunch of guys that have been in the program 3+ years getting solid minutes. much easier schedule as well. If your hope is we call off the cliff you're going to be mistaken
Watching how UK played vandy and seeing your only weapon get beat up more and more as the season progresses, you may be falling off whatever cliff it is that you think you're on before seasons end...

Reactions: STLNBSE
- stupes has 2 "winning" seasons (of 7-6) in 5 total as a hc
- Petrino has 1 losing season in 13 total as a HC
- stupes has started a seasons 4-1 and 5-1 only to end 5-7 in both. Shit - the best he's done with 5-1 is 7-6 - lol! yuts are a snell knee injury away from that potentially happening again.
- stupes is actually 1-4 against Petrino - you seem to be forgetting the loss to WKU and, you have no idea what will happen in this year's game.
- Petrino has a two BCS wins to his credit (1 at UofL) and UofL has two to their credit. When's the last time the yuts sniffed a decent bowl game - much less won it?
- Interestingly, there are about a blue (pun intended) million threads on the yut board specifically outlining why yut fans believe stupes is a terrible coach and calling for him to be canned - including about a dozen from THIS year - lol. Should the yuts go down to vandy this week, those of you currently swinging on stupes nuts will drop off and there will be another dozen threads saying that he sucks.

I'd be careful about your 10 win prediction - again 5-1 hasn't turned out so well for you under stupes - unless you're counting that 7-6 record as a positive? I'm not going to speak for anyone other than myself, and I've never said that kentucky plays a MAC level schedule. What I have said - and has been echoed by others here and on the yut board - is that the sec east over the last 5 or so years has been historically down and stupes has not been able to do anything with it. With Pruitt now at ut, Mullen now at uf, the yuts will soon be back to battling it out with vandy for last place.

BTW - I never said that Florida was terrible - but I did say that clearly kentucky got them at the right time in the schedule - that's football. If they were to play again, no question but that Florida would be favored by close to a TD.
What is a yut?

I was at the Vandy game. Given how bad the Cards are, knowing what I know, seeing what I’ve seen, they are extremely beatable. Like they always are.

I have never watched a sUcK football game in my entire life unless it was when they played Louisville. I watched them play Vanderbilt this past weekend and they weren’t impressive at all. If it wasn’t for Benny Snell they wouldn’t of had a first down in the ball game, they are so one dimensional and it is all Snell. The way they have to work him it is just a matter of time before he gets injured, I have to give him the props he deserves because he is good.

Watching how UK played vandy and seeing your only weapon get beat up more and more as the season progresses, you may be falling off whatever cliff it is that you think you're on before seasons end...

maybe...but maybe not. Even with our passing game ineptitud, I surely wouldn't trade places with UL

Who cares....

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT