ADVERTISEMENT

We Will Beat Kensucky.

Louisville Football is marginally better historically. UL has gotten the benefit of playing in lackluster conferences until reaching the ACC and still only have a.527 all time winning percentage. Kentucky is .492 playing in the SEC since it's conception.

Head to head series is tied at 15-15. Louisville's bowl record is 10-11-1, UK's 8-9. If anything, the two programs are very comparable over the years.

The Sec East has been extremely down over the last several years and not once has Stoops been able to capitalize and end with a good record. In fact, he's had some of the dumbest losses that I have ever seen....aka Florida last year.

- Petrino 2.0 - 36-23 (.610)
- stupes 0.0 - (.456) - I'll agree that's closer to matching up than Petrino 1.0 but really, it's still not even close.

Just curious - how in the world does a team become "FCS level" with all of that sec welfare money at their disposal? I could see having a down year or two every once in a while but, down decades? On top of down of other down decades?

And, I'm not sure that I'd be ragging on whitlow given the stiffs like drew "speedbag" barker and patty ice (lulz) that Porky has brought in after him. My guess is that if you had predicted season ending records of stupes' other 5-1 starts to the season, you would have come up with 9-3 or 10-2 as well. We'll see how it plays out however history is a guide, and it is not stupes' friend. If I hadn't been banned for expressing some of the same types of opinions on the yut board that you freely get to express here, I could probably pull up some of your posts to remind you about what an idiot you and your buddies there think stupes is and, how he and brainfart need to be canned. Watching you spin it in the other direction now is definitely amusing but we both know how fleeting his current hero status is.

The sec has been down but all indications are that it is on the way back up and that is historically bad for the yuts. stupes had his chance but couldn't do anything with it - not a surprise - it's what scrubs do.

We'll see what happens in the game this year but you'll have to forgive me if I don't take the opinions on anything football related of a yut fan. Again historically, they have been proven time and again not to be worth the effort that was made to type them.
Petrino 2.0 started with 10 NFL Draft picks...ends with probably a 2-10...3-9 season.

Stoops Inherits a 2-10 team and now has them at 9-3 or 10-2

If there's one thing us "yut" fans know....we know losing football and bad teams. Let me tell you guys something....you guys are on a Joker Phillips 2012 level of bad. You guys right now are on par with Kansas and Rutgers. And in the words of Mark McGwire to congress..."I'm not here to talk about the past" I'm talking about RIGHT NOW. Stoops took trash and made it decent....Bobby 2.0 took gold with 10 NFL draft picks along with the best player in college history and has led you guys to the cellar.

Now i know you're going the "history say" rout with our start....I know you don't watch LPT SlapD Yut football...so I'll explain why its different. I could give you a year by year breakdown of how our schedules were back-loaded with tough games....but that's a given. We have 3 gimme games...2 teams we're better than...and an elite team we get at home.

This year?
We are 5-1
We have 3 garbage teams in MTSU, Vandy, @Louisville....that gives us a minimum of 8 wins
Then we have road games against teams we are better than in Tennessee and Mizzou. We could lose? But we will be the favorite
And Georgia is house money.

The Sec East has been extremely down over the last several years and not once has Stoops been able to capitalize and end with a good record. In fact, he's had some of the dumbest losses that I have ever seen....aka Florida last year.
That was the last few years....why do you keep ignoring this year? The East is good this year....the East is nowhere near the ACC Coastal's level of bad.

Louisville Football is marginally better historically. UL has gotten the benefit of playing in lackluster conferences until reaching the ACC and still only have a.527 all time winning percentage. Kentucky is .492 playing in the SEC since it's conception.

Head to head series is tied at 15-15. Louisville's bowl record is 10-11-1, UK's 8-9. If anything, the two programs are very comparable over the years.
That old tripe - lol.

The yuts have had the benefit of all of that sec welfare money, bigger stadium, what should have been a better recruiting pitch and yet, they have had ONLY 14 WINNING SEASONS IN THE LAST 50 EFFING YEARS - LOL.

Six of those 14 years were ones where the yuts won only one more game than they lost - barely crossing the threshold. Let that sink in and wash over you.

Bobby-Petrino.jpg

All of that, and UK still will get beat at the end of this season. I give you credit for your good season so far (I think most Louisville fans will), but the Stoops Collapse is coming as it always does.
You sound like our fan-base back in the Labor Day weekend era. We used to be offseason champs! Boy the times have flipped. You guys have empty stadiums like we did against Vandy in 2012 (you all loved to post that pick)

And if we lose to you all (.00001% chance), I'll be here to eat crow....but you guys are bad. We could sit Benny Snell and still beat you guys.

Yet you were the one that brought me up arbitrarily in this weird/sad thread. Cry it out.

Keep the obsession rolling my dude. It's fascinating.
The fascinating part is that even though you had to have known I was simply trolling you, you are so small and so obsessed - you weren't able to resist replying.

Less fascinating is that you add nothing of value or content to the board - only this babyish sort of nonsense. I guess it's all that you're capable of - at the very least - I guess you are aware of your limitations. Of course, that's at the very most as well.

Please note that despite the mild amusement that I get from your foolishness, I'm not in the market for a pen pal...

You two just need to let the other one have the last word and move on. Who cares what some person on the internet thinks.
Agreed. Only in those rare cases where the person is somewhat amusing, clearly not the case here. That last post was my final one in the series...

That was the last few years....why do you keep ignoring this year? The East is good this year....the East is nowhere near the ACC Coastal's level of bad.

Because your whole post referred to the last few years and the current H2H record, SEC/ACC/BE record, etc. Your whole post was about the past.

The SEC East is Florida, Kentucky, and Georgia this year. So yes it is clearly better than the most recent years, but none/majority did not refer to this current season, so why would I address that? I'm not "ignoring it" I addressed your post.

I don't think UK wins the East this year if you're wondering. @Mizzou, vs UGA, and @Vols will be tough. Vols are getting better as their QB progresses. UGA defense is way better than A&M's especially when the obvious gameplan is to sellout on the run because the defense doesn't respect Wilson. And UGA is dang good at stopping the run when that's mostly what they have to do to win. And @Mizzou is just one of those games where I think it's a tossup because they have a good QB and will put up points at home.

What are you basing the east being good on? Or is it just that the West isn’t as strong as they have been? I may be mistaken, but I believe the best OOC win the east has is against Purdue, am I right?

That old tripe - lol.

The yuts have had the benefit of all of that sec welfare money, bigger stadium, what should have been a better recruiting pitch and yet, they have had ONLY 14 WINNING SEASONS IN THE LAST 50 EFFING YEARS - LOL.

Six of those 14 years were ones where the yuts won only one more game than they lost - barely crossing the threshold. Let that sink in and wash over you.

If it makes you feel better that UL football is far superior than UK historically, then by all means continue believing it. The facts however do not support it.

Reactions: kyjeff1
If it makes you feel better that UL football is far superior than UK historically, then by all means continue believing it. The facts however do not support it.
I get it - numbers are tricky.

Particularly when they don’t support your bullshit narrative.

All Americans
Heisman Winners
BCS Bowls
Bowl appearances
Bowl wins
Conference titles
NFL Players currently
NFL Players historically
Overall winning %

In what area does UK lead UL in historically? I mean, Louisville isn't light years better than Kentucky in football but I would argue that they are clearly the better program in every imaginable way you can measure it.

Because your whole post referred to the last few years and the current H2H record, SEC/ACC/BE record, etc. Your whole post was about the past.

The SEC East is Florida, Kentucky, and Georgia this year. So yes it is clearly better than the most recent years, but none/majority did not refer to this current season, so why would I address that? I'm not "ignoring it" I addressed your post.
It's been down....but its been down in terms of where it was 6-10 years ago when you had Urban Meyer at Florida, Richt had a top team every year at UGA, Spurrier had SC in the top 10 every year, Pinkel came in and had some elite teams for 2 years, and James Franklin had Vandy looking great. It's down from those years...but that's just because it was soooo good for a while it looks so bad in comparison

So where has he not capitalized in the East...factually speaking
1. SC- has been down...we've beaten them 5 straight years after their last good team. Check

2.Vandy- has been average to below average since Franklin left. He's 3-1 against Derek Mason. The 2015 game was a choke job and cost us a bowl...but other than that you can call it a check.

3. Mizzou- after Pinkel's top 10 teams all graduated, we've beaten them 3 straight. Check

4. Tennessee-Butch Jones had 2 teams that ended the season ranked. He had some good teams with elite talent, he just fell apart the last year.They were finally beatable in 2017...we beat them when we could so we capitalized. Check

5. Georgia- They're an elite team pretty much every year with loads of NFL talent. The only year they were "down" was 2016 and we lost to them on a last second field goal. I don't really think this is a team that was historically down...probably the only team that wasn't historically down.

6. Florida. They have been historically down. We haven't capitalized and couldn't finish them off in 14,15, &16. But....now they look like a top team and we did beat them.

7. Miss State-Not in the East...but our permanent West opponent. They have been historically better than they have ever been....2-4 against them and probably won the 2 games they were able to win.

I would say if you go by the years....Stoops has brought UK above the middle tier programs like USCjr, Mizzou, Vandy, and made us competitive with teams like Miss State and UT. Georgia and Florida have huge recruiting/talent advantages....but we didn't capitalize on a down Florida team. Really...the only down part of the East he hasn't capitalized on has been Florida if you really look at it.

What are you basing the east being good on? Or is it just that the West isn’t as strong as they have been? I may be mistaken, but I believe the best OOC win the east has is against Purdue, am I right?
I mean I respect any power conference division....some (like the SEC West and Big 10 East) are a meat grinder. Playing a schedule filled with 8-9 games against P5 teams is hard. Those 2 elite divisions have to play more hard games...but Pac 12, ACC, Big, Notre Dame, SEC East, and the Big 10 West are still filled with the best coaches and players in the country.

Not to say a UCF or Boise aren't great teams...but the level of competition week to week just isn't the same.

The East hasn't proven itself OOC. I assume that UGA is an elite team that can play w/ anyone...(probably not as good as last year), Florida is a top 15 squad, and we have shown to be a top 25 squad...not elite but a very good football team.

Mizzou, Vandy, SC, and UT aren't good team....but they aren't pushovers either. Vandy took ND to the limit, Mizzou beat a good Purdue team, UT is our worst team but they've shown improvement. Put UT or Vandy in the CUSA and they've probably win the conference. Not saying they're really good teams...but they're all capable.

I mean I respect any power conference division....some (like the SEC West and Big 10 East) are a meat grinder. Playing a schedule filled with 8-9 games against P5 teams is hard. Those 2 elite divisions have to play more hard games...but Pac 12, ACC, Big, Notre Dame, SEC East, and the Big 10 West are still filled with the best coaches and players in the country.

Not to say a UCF or Boise aren't great teams...but the level of competition week to week just isn't the same.

The East hasn't proven itself OOC. I assume that UGA is an elite team that can play w/ anyone...(probably not as good as last year), Florida is a top 15 squad, and we have shown to be a top 25 squad...not elite but a very good football team.

Mizzou, Vandy, SC, and UT aren't good team....but they aren't pushovers either. Vandy took ND to the limit, Mizzou beat a good Purdue team, UT is our worst team but they've shown improvement. Put UT or Vandy in the CUSA and they've probably win the conference. Not saying they're really good teams...but they're all capable.
Pittsburgh also took ND to the limit, and Pittsburgh isn’t very good.

Pittsburgh also took ND to the limit, and Pittsburgh isn’t very good.
And Notre Dame beat Michigan and I think Notre Dame is a good team. It showed that Pitt is capable of being a good team...but lack consistency and the elite level of talent. Pitt also beat a good Syracuse team BTW....3 of their 4 losses are to ranked teams.

All Americans
Heisman Winners
BCS Bowls
Bowl appearances
Bowl wins
Conference titles
NFL Players currently
NFL Players historically
Overall winning %

In what area does UK lead UL in historically? I mean, Louisville isn't light years better than Kentucky in football but I would argue that they are clearly the better program in every imaginable way you can measure it.

I agree, but the argument that Louisville is far superior just isn’t true at all. I said UL has had a better program historically but that is mainly due to recent history and even then it’s not by the margin most Card fans claim.

Yep...take out the 2 bcs bowl wins and a Heisman trophy in my lifetime and they are exactly the same :confused:

Reactions: BPGhost
I agree, but the argument that Louisville is far superior just isn’t true at all. I said UL has had a better program historically but that is mainly due to recent history and even then it’s not by the margin most Card fans claim.
UK is a JOKE nationally and has been since I have been alive. A complete joke. You clowns have one decent season (so far) and you dont know how to freaking act. Like I said before...I'd tell you to act like you've been there before but you haven't. And if fat boy finds a way to screw this season up like he always does and you dont make a new years day bowl...well then you still haven't.

Good luck pussy cats

As long as fat ass stupes is involved - there’s always a chance. As bad as Petrino’s been, stupes couldn’t carry his jock with both hands.
Stoops is going forward with win totals and Perino backwards. I honestly think stoops is a les miles or ed orgeron type coach. Tons of WTF decisions that lose you games but builds just enough talent and toughness to have several seasons winning at a high level. Perino just isn't trying anymore. He is cashing checks and can blame his trash coaching on the controversy swirling in the athletic department and keep cashing multi million dollar checks each year or a $14M check at one time.

Stoops is going forward with win totals and Perino backwards. I honestly think stoops is a les miles or ed orgeron type coach. Tons of WTF decisions that lose you games but builds just enough talent and toughness to have several seasons winning at a high level. Perino just isn't trying anymore. He is cashing checks and can blame his trash coaching on the controversy swirling in the athletic department and keep cashing multi million dollar checks each year or a $14M check at one time.
You might be onto something - at the rate he’s “going forward” - if Porky coaches 30 years, he might actually have a double digit win season. The big problem with your comparison to those coaches you mentioned is that the yuts won’t sniff LSU’s recruiting if stupes lives to be 150.

Petrino might actually be mailing it in - and it will probably cost him his job sooner rather than later. Even still - Petrino would still be better than stupes if he was in a coma. The only thing that stupes can blame his trash coaching, is his trash ability.

My only comment would be what's your version of "recent history?" Because really I think you can confidently say Louisville has been drastically better than Kentucky since say, 88'? I mean that's 30 years. That's a pretty big chunk of time.

I mean, UK has only won 8 or more games 9 times in the entire 103 year history of their program and only 3 times since 1980. Louisville has finished the season ranked more times in the last 7 seasons than UK has in the last 60 years.

Everyone's definition of what "far superior" means could be different but I would say Louisville football is better than Kentucky's over the history of both programs by a decent amount and it has been far, far superior over the last 20 years. UK's history really boils down to 12 season from 46' to 58'. After that 12 year year run UK only has 12 winning seasons in the next 60 years. Louisville has only had a football program for 57 years but 55% of the time they finish the season with a winning record...over that same time span UK finished with a winning record 20% of the time.

Yep....except UK doesn't win at a high level...lol you blue idiots really are something special

You know the season has turned to shit when fans are arguing who has a better program historically, UL of UK. LOL.

Life to date, reasonable minds can say they are comparable, slight edge Louisville.

In the last 30 or so years, I don't know how you can argue any way other than Louisville has had a better program.

You know the season has turned to shit when fans are arguing who has a better program historically, UL of UK. LOL.

Life to date, reasonable minds can say they are comparable, slight edge Louisville.

In the last 30 or so years, I don't know how you can argue any way other than Louisville has had a better program.

You can't, but the idiots down the road are FINALLY competitive then the banter starts. I mean, my god, if you take the Kragthorpe debacle away the last 20 years in the series is a joke. As someone else mentions above, just look at the number of players in the NFL right now, number of significant bowl wins, and rankings in the last however many years.......nothing else you can say!!!

Last edited:
Louisville is a better program and has been better in the recent (20-25 years). It has shown on the field and nationally. Kentucky knows where we stand

Now...has Kentucky ignored their football with subpar coaching hires, lack of funding from our huge SEC profit, and trash facilities....yes. Have we improved all of those things with Stoops to put us on better footing with our conference foes...yes. Hopefully it will change the trajectory(remains to be seen long term), but it doesn't change our past.

Now....having to play Georgia, Florida, & Tennessee EVERY SINGLE YEAR is an uphill battle. They have had way more tradition and talent...combine that with our in-state talent being sub-par...just puts us on 2 different levels and hard to compete.

Has Louisville benefited from schedules featuring powerhouses such as Rutgers, Cincinatti, and West Virginia before entering the ACC yes. Did you all make a BCS Bowl that you brag about in a season that you lost to Syracuse and UConn, yes. Do the 2006-2010 Kentucky teams that made 5 straight bowls win at least 1 Big East Title....hypothetical questions don't work but we would've had a great chance in 2007, 2009, & 2010.

You all have proven to belong in the above-averge to good power 5 programs since your rise to the ACC. We are still below average to bad.

But now...both programs (especially Kentucky) have no excuses. Both are power 5, we play every year, both have top notch facilities, both are recruiting at a high level, and both put money into having good coaching staffs.

BTW, your 2006 team always will have my respect. Bush doesn't break his leg and you all probably beat Ohio State in the national championship.

Louisville is a better program and has been better in the recent (20-25 years). It has shown on the field and nationally. Kentucky knows where we stand

Now...has Kentucky ignored their football with subpar coaching hires, lack of funding from our huge SEC profit, and trash facilities....yes. Have we improved all of those things with Stoops to put us on better footing with our conference foes...yes. Hopefully it will change the trajectory(remains to be seen long term), but it doesn't change our past.

Now....having to play Georgia, Florida, & Tennessee EVERY SINGLE YEAR is an uphill battle. They have had way more tradition and talent...combine that with our in-state talent being sub-par...just puts us on 2 different levels and hard to compete.

Has Louisville benefited from schedules featuring powerhouses such as Rutgers, Cincinatti, and West Virginia before entering the ACC yes. Did you all make a BCS Bowl that you brag about in a season that you lost to Syracuse and UConn, yes. Do the 2006-2010 Kentucky teams that made 5 straight bowls win at least 1 Big East Title....hypothetical questions don't work but we would've had a great chance in 2007, 2009, & 2010.

You all have proven to belong in the above-averge to good power 5 programs since your rise to the ACC. We are still below average to bad.

But now...both programs (especially Kentucky) have no excuses. Both are power 5, we play every year, both have top notch facilities, both are recruiting at a high level, and both put money into having good coaching staffs.

BTW, your 2006 team always will have my respect. Bush doesn't break his leg and you all probably beat Ohio State in the national championship.

We can thank Wesley Woodyard for that.......

I hate them. Have since the ‘60’s. But I see no reason for them NOT to be optimistic.

Something is becoming abundantly clear. We are sliiding faster all the time, and uk is trending up.

We laughed and made fun of their “terrible” coaches. Now all our focus is on OUR terrible coaches.

Last 23 games we’re 10-13 and looking at 10-17

They are 14-9, playing pretty good and could end up 19-9. But 17-11 is still better than us.

I don’t know how “good” Stoops is, but he’s better than Bobby right now. And going away.

Like it or not.

Reactions: -BBH-

Maybe because you have played in mid level conferences all but 5 years out of the last 30?

Reactions: Pike 96 and -BBH-
When’s the last time UL went to a BCS Bowl since joining the ACC?
Jealously is just so sad.

Hey little buddy, uk should have waved the white flag decades ago but, they were more than willing to trade getting teabagged on the reg in exchange for those sec welfare dollars.

At least you get to chant sec, sec, sec when the Gumps do something - so there’s that.

My only comment would be what's your version of "recent history?" Because really I think you can confidently say Louisville has been drastically better than Kentucky since say, 88'? I mean that's 30 years. That's a pretty big chunk of time.

I mean, UK has only won 8 or more games 9 times in the entire 103 year history of their program and only 3 times since 1980. Louisville has finished the season ranked more times in the last 7 seasons than UK has in the last 60 years.

Everyone's definition of what "far superior" means could be different but I would say Louisville football is better than Kentucky's over the history of both programs by a decent amount and it has been far, far superior over the last 20 years. UK's history really boils down to 12 season from 46' to 58'. After that 12 year year run UK only has 12 winning seasons in the next 60 years. Louisville has only had a football program for 57 years but 55% of the time they finish the season with a winning record...over that same time span UK finished with a winning record 20% of the time.

Again you’re comparing UK playing in the SEC for 50+ years and UL playing in below par division 1 conferences. We’ll see how well the Cards do in the ACC long term. Right now it doesn’t look so good.

Jealously is just so sad.

Hey little buddy, uk should have waved the white flag decades ago but, they were more than willing to trade getting teabagged on the reg in exchange for those sec welfare dollars.

At least you get to chant sec, sec, sec when the Gumps do something - so there’s that.

:rolleyes:

Again you’re comparing UK playing in the SEC for 50+ years and UL playing in below par division 1 conferences. We’ll see how well the Cards do in the ACC long term. Right now it doesn’t look so good.

Thats a whole other argument. The question was which program has been more successful. UK sucking for 103 years in a great conference doesn't outweigh Louisville being successful in a lesser conference. That would be like arguing losing to an elite team is better than beating a mediocre team. You're playing in hypotheticals, not the facts. The programs are where they are and neither should be expected to apologize or compensate for their conferences. UK gets to thump their chests just for getting to sit at the SEC lunch table but they can't at the same time use the SEC to cry because they're never good. Would the programs look similar if they switched places? Probably...maybe. But we'll never know and the only thing we can go on is actual facts.

Confused why this is a discussion. UK will end up with a record about like our mediocre seasons of the past few years. We are obviously going to end up with their usual record. Then things will go back to normal. Nothing like using half season results to predict future outcomes.

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT