ADVERTISEMENT

We are in good hands

Chapman123

800+
Jan 20, 2018
Louisville
Our boys looked awesome most of the game. I saw a lot of good coaching....going to the 1 3 1, great ball movement, heart...

These aren't his guys. He's got his class coming in next year. I think there are a lot of great things to come in the coming years.

Just watched the game (had to work today), and the offense is WAY ahead of the defense. UT scored way too easy inside the paint, and if we're going to do better than 11th in the ACC, that has to get fixed.

I'm not too upset about the loss today but I do feel like it's a game the Cards could have won had they played just a little bit better defense. Oh well, they can learn from it.

Our boys looked awesome most of the game. I saw a lot of good coaching....going to the 1 3 1, great ball movement, heart...

These aren't his guys. He's got his class coming in next year. I think there are a lot of great things to come in the coming years.
I will say I did not expect this level of play this early, and I like the style of offense.

These guys just need to get mentally tough. After the horrible foul call and technical late in the game, they fell apart.

They just don't have the depth yet...maybe next year. You could see them getting worn down towards the end.
This game was definitely a plus. How many of us thought Akoy was capable of producing like he did? He barely played in the previous games. Maybe now Chris can have confidence in playing Enoch and Williams at the same time? I still say that would be a matchup issue for any team.

Reactions: Cue Card
This schedule is brutal. Last year's schedule they are easily a tournament team.

They have picked up the offense system which isn't surprising considering the his history and the offensive makeup of the team. Tennessee is a really good defensive team.

Defense they have no idea how to play his defense and the pieces aren't there to really run it. They really only have 1 good defender. Too many small, height and weight, guards fronting the post players. You could tell last night they weren't talking on defense. If they can figure out his defense then they will win some games, however if they play defense like that throughout the year they won't beat the really good offensive teams. There are a bunch of good offensive teams on the schedule.

This is one of those years if they miss the tournament you could still feel good about the future.

Having been to all our games and after watching last night I’m confident that will get some big wins. They’ve shown improvement each game even yesterday. They’re learning a new system and it will take time.

Also some of the calls were not great,
obviously it didn’t cost us the game but didn’t help. And if they just stop turning the ball over....well that’s a must. Last night the turnovers were the difference in the game.

Reactions: shadow force
This team is playing better than I expected, but the schedule is still 3-1 which I would have predicted at this point. The next three games will go a long way to tell whether this team will exceed what I predicted by season's end, an NCAA bubble team.
Next years team is going to be VERY deep
I don't understand how this is possible. We stand to lose as many as seven guys off of this year's team; I'd be really surprised if it wasn't at least six: the three grad transfers, Enoch, King, Nwora, and/or Williams. And those seven are all regular players. The only three I'm confident will be back are McMahon, Perry, and Sutton.

IMO all of the incoming freshmen will have to be contributors for the team's depth next year to just be equal to this year's team...

This team is playing better than I expected, but the schedule is still 3-1 which I would have predicted at this point. The next three games will go a long way to tell whether this team will exceed what I predicted by season's end, an NCAA bubble team.
Next years team is going to be VERY deep
I don't understand how this is possible. We stand to lose as many as seven guys off of this year's team; I'd be really surprised if it wasn't at least six: the three grad transfers, Enoch, King, Nwora, and/or Williams. And those seven are all regular players. The only three I'm confident will be back are McMahon, Perry, and Sutton.

IMO all of the incoming freshmen will have to be contributors for the team's depth next year to just be equal to this year's team...

I’ll be shocked if Nwora, King, and Enoch aren’t back. None of them are close to being ready for the NBA. If they wait a year I can see all three making a roster. And I doubt Williams jumps ship. So losing just the grad transfers won’t hurt. If we lose any other than the grad transfers that means they performed better than expected so that’s not bad either. Nope I think the majority return as HRT stated.

Barring injury, there is almost zero chance Enoch returns next year. He graduated high school a year before King.

And King will be three years removed from high school in a situation not unlike Adel last year. These guys aren't ready for the NBA, but their pro stock isn't rising anymore. That's what makes the decision for them.

I'm also not at all sure that King will be eligible to play college ball by next year.

I put losing Nwora or Williams at 50/50, meaning one goes and the other stays...

Why do you think half our team leave's from now on? I'm sorry to tell you that no matter how bad you want us to have a depleted roster every year, eventually we WILL have depth. Players WILL return. You think they don't know how good we could be next year if they all came back? That's incredibly dumb to think. Where's Enoch, King especially, Nwora, Williams going? Tell me Zipp. You WANT them to leave. You WANT us to be bad. Only someone who wants us to fail would think a mass exodus is the norm every year form now on. So please, break down those 4 players and tell me where the heck are they going? With some actual logic please.

You do realize we have 13 scholarships, right? ALL who CAN return + the 6 man class have a place to stay.

It's so sad how you want us to be bad because your bestfriend got fired. Literally pathetic

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Why do you think half our team leave's from now on? I'm sorry to tell you that no matter how bad you want us to have a depleted roster every year, eventually we WILL have depth. Players WILL return. You think they don't know how good we could be next year if they all came back? That's incredibly dumb to think. Where's Enoch, King especially, Nwora, Williams going? Tell me Zipp. You WANT them to leave. You WANT us to be bad. Only someone who wants us to fail would think a mass exodus is the norm every year form now on. So please, break down those 4 players and tell me where the heck are they going? With some actual logic please.

You do realize we have 13 scholarships, right? ALL who CAN return + the 6 man class have a place to stay.

It's so sad how you want us to be bad because your bestfriend got fired. Literally pathetic
A couple of you guys are so predictable... Is that why I pay to see most of our games? Connect that dot without some wacko conspiracy theory.

You wanted Mack to land and coach good players. Newsflash... Those guys don't stay in school four years. Between Enoch, King, Nwora, and Williams, those guys will average almost three years (2.75) in completed years of eligibility by season's end. And they averaged 4.25 stars out of high school.

Most will be gone by April, and that only NOT happens if they and the team have a dismal year going forward. Is that what YOU want? Now, you're talking "sad and pathetic"...

A couple of you guys are so predictable... Is that why I pay to see most of our games? Connect that dot without some wacko conspiracy theory.

You wanted Mack to land and coach good players. Newsflash... Those guys don't stay in school four years. Between Enoch, King, Nwora, and Williams, those guys will average almost three years (2.75) in completed years of eligibility by season's end. And they averaged 4.25 stars out of high school.

Most will be gone by April, and that only NOT happens if they and the team have a dismal year going forward. Is that what YOU want? Now, you're talking "sad and pathetic"...

Thats a new one, I didn't know that no players in the top 100 stay all 4 years.

Totally agree. We will be just fine and will, indeed, be better and deeper next year. But the “real” team will emerge two years from now.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

King may end up being a grad transfer which maybe good for him.
Enoch/Williams still too early to tell. Neither will go to the NBA though so I am not sure where they will go. At this point Enoch is more of a NBA or professional prospect than Williams.
Nora he is a wild card offensively he is legit, but his overall game is average. He has NBA potential and definitely can play professionally on the international stage.

Way too early to say Louisville will be deep or thin next year. They all should improve under Mack or at least we all expect that to be the case. The potential is there for them to improve drastically.

Reactions: zipp

Lol they won’t be gone though. It’s cool, we will save this post for good measure and watch you deflect and wallow around in sadness.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Lol they won’t be gone though. It’s cool, we will save this post for good measure and watch you deflect and wallow around in sadness.

The only 2 that have a chance is King and Nwora. King tranferring and Nwora NBA (but has to get way better). Other guys, no shot. And if 1-2 of the u expected leave, we’ll go the GT market and should get 1-2 good players there. They will see we have the talent and depth to be really good next year so that should help on the GT situation if it comes to it.

McMahon, King, Nwora, Williams, Enoch, Sutton, Perry, Igiehon, Withers, Johnson, Nickelberry, and Williamson. (Quinn redshirt). 4 seniors, 3 juniors, 6 freshman. If 1-2 leave from this year, replacing them won’t be hard when the GT see’s that they’re the missing piece. But I don’t see anyone leaving/transferring. They know what we will have. Players love Mack. Have a lot of experience, good freshman and depth.

Reactions: UL_1986
Thats a new one, I didn't know that no players in the top 100 stay all 4 years.
That's an interesting stat for discussion... Who are our Top 100 players who have stayed four years? Dating back to the early 2000s--as far back as Rivals has available data...

GUARDS
Quentin Snyder
Peyton Siva
Jerry Smith
Edgar Sosa
Brandon Jenkins

WINGS
Wayne Blackshear
Juan Palacios

So, the probability of exhausting your eligibility is much higher for guards, and none of the guys on my list of early defectors are guards. It's also fair to say the two small forwards above did not exactly have successful college careers. Also keep in mind that the NBA Draft decision today tilts more to leave early than it has in the past.

Thanks for that point. It tells me if you're banking on the guys we have now on the list performing well AND sticking around, you're mostly just wishful thinking...

That's an interesting stat for discussion... Who are our Top 100 players who have stayed four years? Dating back to the early 2000s--as far back as Rivals has available data...

GUARDS
Quentin Snyder
Peyton Siva
Jerry Smith
Edgar Sosa
Brandon Jenkins

WINGS
Wayne Blackshear
Juan Palacios

So, the probability of exhausting your eligibility is much higher for guards, and none of the guys on my list of early defectors are guards. It's also fair to say the two small forwards above did not exactly have successful college careers. Also keep in mind that the NBA Draft decision today tilts more to leave early than it has in the past.

Thanks for that point. It tells me if you're banking on the guys we have now on the list performing well AND sticking around, you're mostly just wishful thinking...

Pitino had really high attrition for all players though during his time here. How many players not in the top 100 also chose to leave? If you are going to say one thing point out one you also have to look at the other. Also what about other teams' top 100 players?

Blackshear didn't live up to expectations by an means but overall he had a pretty decent college career. If he is ranked 50 and not a McDaa nobody is complaining about his career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT