ADVERTISEMENT

WBB - potential transfer visiting the Ville

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Chatrice Wright, 6'3" post player from Nebraska is transferring from Univ. of Illinois. She competed her Soph season as their leading scorer and rebounder. This is all being reported on Twitter. Obviously she'd have to sit a year, BUT, wow that would be an incredible pickup. A true post player at 6'3" versus Sam Fruehing who is more of a 4 (at least in my opinion). Controlling the boards in the women's game, to me, is critical. Also, scoring down low is necessary to win championships. We all seen our ladies plagued (at times) by missing point blank shots under the basket. To make a championship run you have to maximize those opportunities. A pickup like this could really setup Jeff W. to make a serious run at multiple final fours. I'm starting to think the MBB teams of the 80s.

Chatrice Wright, 6'3" post player from Nebraska is transferring from Univ. of Illinois. She competed her Soph season as their leading scorer and rebounder. This is all being reported on Twitter. Obviously she'd have to sit a year, BUT, wow that would be an incredible pickup. A true post player at 6'3" versus Sam Fruehing who is more of a 4 (at least in my opinion). Controlling the boards in the women's game, to me, is critical. Also, scoring down low is necessary to win championships. We all seen our ladies plagued (at times) by missing point blank shots under the basket. To make a championship run you have to maximize those opportunities. A pickup like this could really setup Jeff W. to make a serious run at multiple final fours. I'm starting to think the MBB teams of the 80s.

Yeah...size, especially offensively gifted size, would be a very welcome addition for Coach Walz.

Well, we have that already with Johnson and Shook arriving in the fall. They're both 6'4.

You need depth on the frontline - period. The more the Cards can control the paint the more wins they get. Shook will be a 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT