ADVERTISEMENT

Walz named Court Coach for USA WBB

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Jeff Walz has been named as one off the Court Coaches for the 2022 USA Women's basketball Women's National Team Training camp from March 29-April 2 in Minneapolis

Walz is joined by Adia Barnes (Arizona), Kara Lawson (Duke) and Joni Taylor (Georgia). Both Barnes and Taylor still might have teams playing in the NCAA WBB Tournament, like Walz.

All four court coaches have prior USA Basketball coaching experience. In five-on-five events, Barnes, Taylor and Walz have combined for six gold medals, an international tournament title and a 41-0 overall international record with USA Basketball. Lawson's coaching duties include seven gold medals in 3x3 basketball.

"Obviously, I'm hoping that I'm not able to do this, but if that's not the case, it's an honor to have been invited to come out and be able to work with the best women's basketball players in the world," said Walz, a co-recipient of the 2019 USA Basketball National Coach of the Year award. "I've had some wonderful opportunities with USA Basketball, including five years ago when I was in the same position with the 2017 USA National Team. Anytime you get the opportunity to be around great minds in the game of basketball, there are always opportunities to improve and get better, and I'm really looking forward to this."

The Cards begin their title quest Friday at 6 p.m when they play Albany in the KFC YUM! Center. Gonzaga and Nebraska will have the 3:30 p.m. game.

Albany beat Maine to take the America East Conference Tournament title and is 23-9 on the season. They and the Cards have a common opponent from the regular season in Boston College. The Eagles beat the Great Danes 77-65 November 28th in Chestnut Hill.

Helene Haegerstrand leads Albany in scoring with 12.9 ppg

--sonja--

--sonja--

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT