ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball sweeps Lipscomb

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
#4 Louisville Volleyball won the Louisville Invitational (big surprise there) with a 25-14, 25-17, 26-24 sweep of unranked Lipscomb.

The Cards substituted freely in the final set, but, reinserted most of the starters when the Bisons tied the set at 21-21. Tied at 24-24, Lipscomb served long and then Cara Cresse got a block to secure set and match.

UofL, now 7-1, hit .376 as a team with seven aces and 10 blocks. Phekran Kong recorded six kills, hit .455 and added four blocks. Cara Cresse had five kills and four blocks. Elena Scott had a match-high 14 digs and three aces. Scott and Aiko Jones were named to the All-Tournament team.

Next up is UK in Lexington. Weds 7 p.m.

--sonja--

Reactions: Deeva and CardFan
#4 Louisville Volleyball won the Louisville Invitational (big surprise there) with a 25-14, 25-17, 26-24 sweep of unranked Lipscomb.

The Cards substituted freely in the final set, but, reinserted most of the starters when the Bisons tied the set at 21-21. Tied at 24-24, Lipscomb served long and then Cara Cresse got a block to secure set and match.

UofL, now 7-1, hit .376 as a team with seven aces and 10 blocks. Phekran Kong recorded six kills, hit .455 and added four blocks. Cara Cresse had five kills and four blocks. Elena Scott had a match-high 14 digs and three aces. Scott and Aiko Jones were named to the All-Tournament team.

Next up is UK in Lexington. Weds 7 p.m.

--sonja--
I was there.

I couldn’t get my ESPN app to launch last night. Glad to hear the won their tournament and got some of their bench some playing time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT