ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia series

Nice bounce back after an ugly loss. UVA keeps swinging. Probably need to score over 10 runs tomorrow to have a chance at taking the series. Go Cards!

Never did feel comfortable did it?
My kids may or may not have heard obscenities coming from the living room after that 3 run dinger in the 9th. The Cavs are like Rocky. They keep coming at you. Respect if you know the scene I’m referring to in R2.

Reactions: earsky
Elimination series continues tomorrow. Biggest game in years-sorry that's how I feel. No choice but to keep winning series to dig out of the RPI hole we're in,barring a run in the ACC Tournament.
I love it too. Put up or shut up time.

Let's get this m'=$@*! series!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cardiac Red
Elimination series continues tomorrow. Biggest game in years-sorry that's how I feel. No choice but to keep winning series to dig out of the RPI hole we're in,barring a run in the ACC Tournament.
I love it too. Put up or shut up time.

Let's get this m'=$@*! series!!
I think tomorrow is a must win..

Can’t see tomorrow as a must win with 20 games left against mostly top level teams. But it is a very important game to be sure! Go Cards!

Need to take care of the “weak sisters” left on the schedule (WKU, BC, ND, IU) and hold our own ~.500 against all the rest of the studs: UK, Vandy, Miami, Clemson, UNC.

Last edited:
It's just embarrassing. It's like batting practice for Virginia against the Cards.

This has to be the worst pitching McDonnell has had in his career here. Anyone who thinks this team has a chance to make the post season is dreaming.

You can't win if you can't pitch. Scoring 14 runs to win is not the solution.

That HR is on Roger Williams; even the TV announcer cautioned both Williams and Liggett; but what does he do? Delivers a belt high fast ball in the middle of the plate with an empty base.

Reactions: rh62531 and earsky
It's just embarrassing. It's like batting practice for Virginia against the Cards.

This has to be the worst pitching McDonnell has had in his career here. Anyone who thinks this team has a chance to make the post season is dreaming.

You can't win if you can't pitch. Scoring 14 runs to win is not the solution.
Virginia does lead the nation in hits, so there is that. They are extremely good at the plate.

That HR is on Roger Williams; even the TV announcer cautioned both Williams and Liggett; but what does he do? Delivers a belt high fast ball in the middle of the plate with an empty base.
They're hunting fastballs and you cannot throw them in the heart of the plate without paying the price.

Reactions: Bardman and rh62531
I’m out of town, checked in on the game and was like “That turned ugly quickly!” Quickly scanning the messages I saw Earsky identified EKjr was in the lineup. Why? And, I don’t care if he just did something good. What was wrong with yesterday’s lineup? Ride it. This is 1000% on CDM. Stop fluffing around with the lineup.

Once again; waits until a 4 pitch walk, hbp and another hbp to make a visit. Yes this UVA is an offensive machine, but we are contributing to our problems with the inability to manage our pitching deficiencies. Most observers can see when a pitcher has lost command….. this staff cannot make the call quick enough.

Reactions: rh62531 and Bardman
These guys - play by play - are just not gonna call this pitching staff what it is - bad. Hit the ****ing portal, Mac.

The problem I see is twofold with our pitching.
First,Williams has become scoutable and two our staff can't execute location with their fastballs.
Oh well,we'll likely be triple digits RPI and solidly looking at watching the tournament on the sidelines again. Pitching just part of the problem.

Reactions: 73Card
How can pitchers excel when it's the pitching coach who calls every single pitch. It drives me crazy! I know I couldn't do it.

Somehow we climbed 9 spots in the RPI. 😳
Obviously,the Kentucky game just got much bigger than a rivalry win. Hope there are some aces still up our sleeve to get this one. Probably need at least 10 runs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT