ADVERTISEMENT

"Vince Tyra nipped it..."

Are you effing kidding me? He did EXACTLY what you claim he never did with Denny Crum! He wrote a $14 million plus check to Denny while we were an athletic department struggling from scandal while making next to nothing as a member of CUSA.

How’d that turn out, by the way? The answer is pretty damned well. I expect this will, as well, because we are now in the ACC, which is currently writing us a $27 million check each year, before the new ACC network debuts.

Your complaint that Tyra is writing a check that he doesn’t have funds to cover is every bit as wrong as your assertion that Jurich never wrote a $14 million check to any coach he had to fire.
Show me where Crum was paid $14 million to exit. I think you're off by a factor of about SEVEN.
Had Jurich still been in charge, we wouldn’t have had the same results on the field. Petrino checked out once Jurich “retired.”
No disagreement there....!
As if I needed it, one more thing to hang on Tyra and the clowns...

Last edited:
Which is why instead of taking the bet with me with the stakes being leaving the board permanently, he creates a "false narrative" with lawyers, contracts and escrow accounts.
You won't make a man's bet. You'll bet like a stalker.
We are not talking about other posters - we are specifically talking about "zipp"...
This is a message BOARD. It's all about posters and content. And anytime you want me to show you examples of the point I'm making, it's easy...

Last edited:
I think TJ would have fired BP and gave him his 14M. But TJ would have got a chunk of that money from donors, not from UofLs pockets. A lot of those donors bailed so VT didn't have that option.
That's also a pretty good guess.

I doubt Petrino would have gotten anywhere close to $14 million, but Jurich sure as hell wouldn't have just raided the Hickman Camp Fund like this clown is doing.

Mostly because Jurich wouldn't have had too. "Vince" can't raise a nickel...

I doubt Petrino would have gotten anywhere close to $14 million.

So the thief would have slinked away with less than 14 mill......

but Jurich sure as hell wouldn't have just raided the Hickman Camp Fund like this clown is doing.

Mostly because Jurich wouldn't have had too. "Vince" can't raise a nickel...

Im sure with ACC network revenue coming, the Hickman Camp fund and other UofL coffers will be replenished.

You lose
Again.......

And again, where was all of that rationalization when Petrino extended his contract in 2016? To add a little context, that was after Lamar's freshman season and the MCB win...

Excuse me? The two coaches in the revenue sports when Jurich took over were Crum and Ron Cooper...

No, those weren't the only options for "Vince". That's the way you wanna describe his situation to make it look as obvious as possible for him. HE made an extreme decision, and the results are on him. Things better improve fast and significantly to justify the $14 million he just threw down a hole...

Most fans probably had no idea that the buyout was 14 mil when it happened. There were a few who complained about the contract extension but you are right, at the time most fans didn't complain about the extension. For a long time our fanbase had a blindspot for Petrino and many thought that it would not matter because we were on an upward trajectory. Our team the next year was expected to be great. What ended up happening though was even that team ended up being disappointing and it was downhill from there. I expect my AD to be better informed than the average fan. Mack is looking like a good hire but if he fails its on Tyra whether or not the hire looked like a good one at the time. You love to call Tyra fan boy but its a fan like decision from Jurich to extend Petrino's contract and give him a raise while we had no competition for his services.

Jurich had bad coaches when he was hired but he didn't have a 14 milliion dollar buyout to contend with when he needed to fire them.

The results of firing Petrino are going to be on Tyra, I completely agree. Whats going to affect how people view him even more is how well Satterfield does. Either way, firing Petrino was a good idea but its a waste if he doesn't make a good hire afterward. Its completely your opinion that there were other options. You have 0 evidence that anyone could have gotten Petrino to walk away from 14 million dollars. Petrino was happy to suffer through one of the worst P5 seasons in college football, why not do it again for another 14 million in your retirement plan?

...Im sure with ACC network revenue coming, the Hickman Camp fund and other UofL coffers will be replenished...
You're sure of nothing. You're HOPING your boy survives.

Two%20slapdcks_zpsnzawskih.jpg

Last edited:
...You have 0 evidence that anyone could have gotten Petrino to walk away from 14 million dollars. Petrino was happy to suffer through one of the worst P5 seasons in college football, why not do it again for another 14 million in your retirement plan?
I'm not arguing hypotheticals like "Vince" apologists are willing to do. Neither side can win that debate, and I'm comfortable just (re)stating the facts...
  • "Vince" paid the maximum amount of buyout money in Petrino's contract.
  • Jurich was not in the AD job when Petrino was fired.
  • Jurich never paid $14 million for ANY purpose in two decades without covering the expense.
  • "Vince" had to withdraw all of that money from ULAA bank accounts.
  • "Vince" has already given at least two other coaches similar buyouts to Petrino's.
There is no counterargument to those facts without resorting to hypotheticals. But you can keep trying...

I'm not arguing hypotheticals like "Vince" apologists are willing to do. Neither side can win that debate, and I'm comfortable just (re)stating the facts...
  • Jurich never paid $14 million for ANY purpose in two decades without covering the expense.
  • "Vince" has already given at least two other coaches similar buyouts to Petrino's.
There is no counterargument to those facts without resorting to hypotheticals. But you can keep trying...

When did Jurich ever fire a coach without paying their buyout?

Jurich wasn't AD but it was his hire. Its not Tyra's fault Petrino was garbage. Was it Jurich's fault that Crum was past his prime or Ron Cooper was a terrible coach?

Jurich never paid out a 14 million dollar buyout but its also fact that his predecessor never left him with that large of a buyout for an underperfoming coach.

Who else did Tyra pay a 14 million dollar buyout to?

Its great that you state facts but state all of them.

Jurich wasn't AD but it was his hire. Its not Tyra's fault Petrino was garbage. Was it Jurich's fault that Crum was past his prime or Ron Cooper was a terrible coach?

Jurich never paid out a 14 million dollar buyout but its also fact that his predecessor never left him with that large of a buyout for an underperfoming coach.

Argument from ignorance

"Appeals to ignorance are often used to suggest the other side needs to do the proving."

So “Zipp” made another thread on this topic, using Andy Sweeney’s opinion as a supportive source? This is next level hilarious!

I guess him getting battered in the 12 pages of the other thread weren’t enough.

And I don't need that "what would Jurich do" narrative. The FACT is that "Vince" sold the ranch to part ways with Petrino when he had other options.

For the umpteenth time- WHAT OPTIONS? You never say.

Show me where Crum was paid $14 million to exit. I think you're off by a factor of about SEVEN.

As if I needed it, one more thing to hang on Tyra and the clowns...
Suddenly, hypotheticals are OK! Based on what?

How about
Vince NQ honored a contract. That is a fact. You seem to ignore this little detail.

So “Zipp” made another thread on this topic, using Andy Sweeney’s opinion as a supportive source? This is next level hilarious!

I guess him getting battered in the 12 pages of the other thread weren’t enough.
Sweeney loves "Vince".

Defense rests...

For the umpteenth time- WHAT OPTIONS? You never say.
Not paying, for one.
Suddenly, hypotheticals are OK! Based on what?
You need a good definition of "hypothetical".
How about
Vince NQ honored a contract. That is a fact. You seem to ignore this little detail.
This one's hilarious. The same regime that alleged Jurich was a sex predator... The same crowd that plays VJ King who's linked to adidas pay-for-play... The same organization with conflicts of interest while SIMULTANEOUSLY conducting internal training on ethics.

THAT is "honor"... :p

Not paying, for one.

You need a good definition of "hypothetical".

This one's hilarious. The same regime that alleged Jurich was a sex predator... The same crowd that plays VJ King who's linked to adidas pay-for-play... The same organization with conflicts of interest while SIMULTANEOUSLY conducting internal training on ethics.

THAT is "honor"... :p
This is not argument. Bobby had a contract. Vince NQ abided by the terms of it, as he was bound to do. That is laughable? Then you argue for violating a contract, which would not only be dishonorable but expose the university to a lawsuit to no good purpose.

If my memory serves me right Jurich paid Denny $800,000 a year for many years. I’m thinking about eight years? He also had an on-campus office and a highly paid administrative assistant too.

This is not argument. Bobby had a contract. Vince NQ abided by the terms of it, as he was bound to do. That is laughable? Then you argue for violating a contract, which would not only be dishonorable but expose the university to a lawsuit to no good purpose.
Leaving millions in the Hickman Camp Fund is a good purpose...

If my memory serves me right Jurich paid Denny $800,000 a year for many years. I’m thinking about eight years? He also had an on-campus office and a highly paid administrative assistant too.
Crum's buyout was $2 million. U of L gave him a job in which he raised money for the University.

Two different things....

Uh zipp, considering your “responses” above, I’m beginning to believe you are having a problem with factual truth. You seem to only see your perspective and deny any one else’s position. You’re too smart to do that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

You seem to only see your perspective and deny any one else’s position.

I very rarely engage, but I truly believe that is everyone's biggest complaint with him on this board! 7,000 responses telling everyone that Vince sucks, Mack is overpaid, and he is right about everything b/c he's good at excel.

Reactions: BPGhost
Leaving millions in the Hickman Camp Fund is a good purpose...
That and millions more would go out the door in a breach if contract lawsuit, which we would lose.
Just curious- what is the money there for? It might be stipulated by those who established the fund. However, UofL athletics does not pay dividends or interest to shareholders or investors. It would seem to me that it is there for a rainy day. It was raining.

Uh zipp, considering your “responses” above, I’m beginning to believe you are having a problem with factual truth. You seem to only see your perspective and deny any one else’s position. You’re too smart to do that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
gocards, I feel the same. But you'll have to humor an old ballpark bud with a little evidence of what you're talking about...

I very rarely engage, but I truly believe that is everyone's biggest complaint with him on this board! 7,000 responses telling everyone that Vince sucks, Mack is overpaid, and he is right about everything b/c he's good at excel.
Unlike what I'll loosely say are MOST posters, I bring those "excel" charts to make my points.

If your opinion is different from mine, so what? That's why this place exists--not so we can all get on here and agree with each other. Find me any post where I've unilaterally told someone "your opinion sucks". And look really hard because it doesn't exist. That's a mischaracterization of me by people who simply don't like me expressing MY opinion.

And that's not MY problem...

That and millions more would go out the door in a breach if contract lawsuit, which we would lose. Just curious- what is the money there for? It might be stipulated by those who established the fund. However, UofL athletics does not pay dividends or interest to shareholders or investors. It would seem to me that it is there for a rainy day. It was raining.
Now you're practicing law in defense of "Vince". Funny stuff.

I can tell you one thing I know firsthand... There's less money going into the HCF nowadays because of how it's being used by the new regime.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Now you're practicing law in defense of "Vince". Funny stuff.

I can tell you one thing I know firsthand... There's less money going into the HCF nowadays because of how it's being used by the new regime.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Please explain to me how Bobby doesn’t sue in the scenario for breach of contract? How does he not win? This is not a defense of Vince NQ, it is a defense of reality.

Bobby started loosing regularly after wakeyleaks. He was a cheater and proved he couldn't win without cheating. If not for LJ he would have been toast a year earlier. Why TJ didnt discipline him after wakeyleaks is a huge question on the morality of TJ too.

There's your cause for firing both of them.

130179_102_1160_OTY5MjI4NzA5LTgxMDEzNTQ2.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Please explain to me how Bobby doesn’t sue in the scenario for breach of contract? How does he not win? This is not a defense of Vince NQ, it is a defense of reality.
Any practicing attorney will tell you that 90+% of court cases are settled somewhere in the middle. Just like the NCAA decision re. the banners...

Bobby started loosing regularly after wakeyleaks. He was a cheater and proved he couldn't win without cheating. If not for LJ he would have been toast a year earlier. Why TJ didnt discipline him after wakeyleaks is a huge question on the morality of TJ too.

There's your cause for firing both of them.
Not that I agree. But that makes the decision by "Vince" to pay Petrino everything he's owed look worse.

Thanks for making the point...

Not that I agree. But that makes the decision by "Vince" to pay Petrino everything he's owed look worse.

LoL.
So if your 'god' that idiot Jurich was not only forced to fire the thief Petrino but also pay the severance, youd nominate him for AD of the Century.

Youre starting to show delusion.

Always talking out both sides of your mouth. too funny.

VT wasn't AD when cheater boy was caught cheating. You lover boy TJ was AD at the time and looked the other way.

Always talking out both sides of your mouth. too funny.

VT wasn't AD when cheater boy was caught cheating. You lover boy TJ was AD at the time and looked the other way.
No, "Vince" is the charge of paying all of those misfits money from U of L bank accounts because he can't get it anywhere else for an ex-coach OR a lawyer.

Poor guy--no options--wonder why?...

Two%20slapdcks_zpsnzawskih.jpg

Any practicing attorney will tell you that 90+% of court cases are settled somewhere in the middle. Just like the NCAA decision re. the banners...
Uh-huh. Right.
HE HAD A WRITTEN CONTRACT. You apparently don’t get this, but it is a fact. UofL had zero leverage to force a lower settlement. Zero. These “settlements” are negotiations. Bobby could go to trial and win the whole 14 mill, plus damages. As regards the NCAA, what is the “middle” here? Did we get to keep half the banner? What kind of example is that?

Uh-huh. Right.
HE HAD A WRITTEN CONTRACT. You apparently don’t get this, but it is a fact. UofL had zero leverage to force a lower settlement. Zero. These “settlements” are negotiations. Bobby could go to trial and win the whole 14 mill, plus damages. As regards the NCAA, what is the “middle” here? Did we get to keep half the banner? What kind of example is that?
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people that don’t understand contracts or the law. It typically leads them to do all manner of things that gets them into unsavory predicaments. Most, if they get caught and have to pay for their misdeeds and ignorance, will learn a valuable lesson but, some of them never get it.

Are you referring to me or Zipp?
Neither - just making a general statement is all. FWIW - I think your take on Tyra’s ability to do anything other than pay petrino’s buyout (at the point of termination) is correct. To suggest otherwise is fantasy based on a lack of understanding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT