ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas: Cards 12-1 to win championship next year

With a full year of weight training, and coaching, the offensive line players should get stronger and be better prepared. Most players who work hard in the off season tend to improve. I'm optimistic.

Lamar Jackson will need to improve as well, and we'll need to replace some key offensive and defensive players. We should be better next year. Again, I am optimistic.

Reactions: beasleythecard
One reason we will be "better" is because 2 of the 3 best teams on our schedule - Clemson and UNC - lose massive amounts of talent.
Seriously?
I expect better from you man.

I believe our recruiting should improve, and we should land more quality players.

This staff has work to do and i believe it begins and ends with quality linemen.

The fact that Louisville is tied for the 6th favorite to win the National Championship next year is clearly the 'Lamar Jackson factor'. Not bad for a kid that everyone in the media (and the anonymous ACC coach, hello, d!ckhead Dave Clawson) is picking apart since winning the Heisman.

The people who know saw the scary improvement from his freshman to sophomore season and they know the potential for Lamar next year with another off season with BP.

I like some of the replacements but When a team loses its last 3 games, then loses its 2 most productive Receivers, its starting Running Back, a stud Tight End, its anchor on the D-line, its leader in LB Kelsey, an NFL safety and a starting Cornerback and they are the 6th favorite to win the Title, that speaks to one thing, the freakish ability of Lamar Jackson and his incredible potential.

Now he just has to get back to work.
Go Cards. Go Lamar.

Reactions: beasleythecard
We will have some holes to plug but that's where recruiting and player development comes in. We have players coming back who have to fill those holes, or have some players coming in who can right away. I prefer to see the holes filled with players already on the roster so the new guys can red shirt and gain a year of weight training. That's how you build solid depth. Hopefully some guys that did red shirt will be ready to step in and step up.

No, the question was why will we be better? You answered how can we win more games? Therre is a difference. And, if you did not notice that looks like a pretty deep Clemson team.

Ok, well the original post was about odds to win the National Championship. Those odds aren't derived in a vacuum, they are influenced by a team's path to the championship.

Last edited:
Are they always accurate, no... But Vega$ ha$ a lot of intere$t in $etting accurate odd$.

And it's hard to get ranked as one of the favorites to win it all without having a good season.

We lose starters at a number of positions, but I don't know of that many that are considered irreplaceable. Some of these guys starting many fans here have complained about over the course of the season or their careers. Isn't it good for some of you that these guys graduate?

We've proven on defense the last five years that we can lose good players and reload without much dropoff. Why should that change if nothing else does?

There's also 60-70 guys returning after another year of development, and the best recruiting class maybe in history coming in.

Not a lot to be pessimistic about...

Are they always accurate, no... But Vega$ ha$ a lot of intere$t in $etting accurate odd$.

And it's hard to get ranked as one of the favorites to win it all without having a good season.

We lose starters at a number of positions, but I don't know of that many that are considered irreplaceable. Some of these guys starting many fans here have complained about over the course of the season or their careers. Isn't it good for some of you that these guys graduate?

We've proven on defense the last five years that we can lose good players and reload without much dropoff. Why should that change if nothing else does?

There's also 60-70 guys returning after another year of development, and the best recruiting class maybe in history coming in.

Not a lot to be pessimistic about...
This offseason is the most important in louisville football history.

We have a lot of work to do. If we do it great. If not we are in trouble

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT