ADVERTISEMENT

VanGorder sucks

What is the difference between directly blaming him and saying he sucks in the middle of a game? Of course you are blaming him and he was not even remotely the problem last night.

What’s the difference with all the Petrino hating you do in every single thread, then in a thread just the other day you say you don’t hate on him?

All hope is lost...our players suck because CBP is castrated, nepotism is not a good hiring practice, all we hear is how well the players did on tape but what tape is he watching!??! If our players are getting positive feedback on these efforts, they are going to continue on with the same level of play...no accountability...anywhere...hire a DC, fire a DC, hire a DC...the list is thinning out, and I think he may call me in for an interview in the next couple of seasons; because I'm an excellent DC (just don't ask for any stats to prove it)...it's more than I can beer...wait!! MORE BEER!?!?
but more to the point of the OP...yep, he sucks.

I admit right now our team looks really bad and I don't know if we will get any better. However, it is really early in the season and a lot of people could be eating their words ( I hope so anyway ). In regards to Van Gorder you have to give the guy a chance. We have had 2 really bad Defensive Coordinators before him so he has a lot to fix.

I agree and it's certainly worth mentioning he lost his top player in the 1st half vs Bama and Etheridge did not play last week either.

What’s the difference with all the Petrino hating you do in every single thread, then in a thread just the other day you say you don’t hate on him?

I don't hate him. I do hold him accountable for the way the team performs and for the clear decline in the program. Is he not responsible?

I don't hate him. I do hold him accountable for the way the team performs and for the clear decline in the program. Is he not responsible?

Responsible for what? The program is not in decline. That is a fabrication. Just because you say that, and keep repeating over and over, does not make it true.

Last edited:
Reactions: gocds
The program is not in clear decline. You made that up in your head and u are constantly spewing that

Responsible for what? The program is not in decline. That is a fabrication. Just because you say that, and keep repeating over and over, does not make it true.
If we win 5 or 6 games with the easiest schedule 2.0 has faced, will you admit it?

If we win 5 or 6 games with the easiest schedule 2.0 has faced, will you admit it?

That depends. Before i answer let me preface by saying Petrino has never won so few games here at UofL as you’re entertaining. So let’s say Petrino only wins 5 or 6 games for the first time ever here at UofL, will I admit the program is in decline? That depends. Is the young team getting better as the season progresses? Will the so called “easiest schedule Petrino 2.0 has faced” actually turn out to be a pretty tough schedule once the season is over and we’re not just assuming a schedule is easy based on our opinion? Did we have any other major injuries to our young defense, or injuries to anyone on offense?

Buddy i would not have any problem admitting our program is in decline, but it’s just not. I promise we’ll know when it’s in decline because dwindling home crowds hurt the pocket book. We all saw the crowds year 3 of Kraggs...we’re just not there yet.

That depends. Before i answer let me preface by saying Petrino has never won so few games here at UofL as you’re entertaining. So let’s say Petrino only wins 5 or 6 games for the first time ever here at UofL, will I admit the program is in decline? That depends. Is the young team getting better as the season progresses? Will the so called “easiest schedule Petrino 2.0 has faced” actually turn out to be a pretty tough schedule once the season is over and we’re not just assuming a schedule is easy based on our opinion? Did we have any other major injuries to our young defense, or injuries to anyone on offense?

Buddy i would not have any problem admitting our program is in decline, but it’s just not. I promise we’ll know when it’s in decline because dwindling home crowds hurt the pocket book. We all saw the crowds year 3 of Kraggs...we’re just not there yet.

Those dwindling crowds were the result of the program that had already collapsed which many of us saw before the fans stopped showing up. The learning curve is a little steep for some people just as we saw back then. Many were still saying things like Krags just needs more time to get his own players and find the right assistants even though it was so obvious what was happening. Its happening now in my opinion but many still won't see it until things bottom out. In the meantime we still hear the irrational excuses.

Our program is currently on the verge of a decline.

Petrino's first 36 games - 26-10 with wins at ND, FSU, two near wins vs Clemson.
Petrino's last 19 games - 10-9 with losses to unranked UK, BC, Wake and with the average score of 39-11 vs the 6 ranked teams.

Embarrassed by Bama...dumpster fire vs ISU and WKU.....we're on the verge. If this season ends the way it has started we're looking at 3 full seasons of declining football. Made worse is the idea that we've gone through this decline with Lamar Jackson. Petrino can still fix this but I don't see how you can argue that the program hasn't gone downhill since that Clemson game in 16'.

Again, not necessarily "FAR PETRINO" just yet....but we are declining. There's no way around that. The only argument to be made is whether or not you want/think Petrino can pull the program out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeMcCammon
Those dwindling crowds were the result of the program that had already collapsed which many of us saw before the fans stopped showing up. The learning curve is a little steep for some people just as we saw back then. Many were still saying things like Krags just needs more time to get his own players and find the right assistants even though it was so obvious what was happening. Its happening now in my opinion but many still won't see it until things bottom out. In the meantime we still hear the irrational excuses.

The difference with your analogy to kraggs and bobby is that bobby has had a history of success, where Kraggs never had success. First year anyone could tell we were going nowhere under kraggs. Right now we're rebuilding, we're absolutely not in decline, there is a difference, some people just dont have the mental capacity to understand that.

Reactions: SoulSr
The difference with your analogy to kraggs and bobby is that bobby has had a history of success, where Kraggs never had success. First year anyone could tell we were going nowhere under kraggs. Right now we're rebuilding, we're absolutely not in decline, there is a difference, some people just dont have the mental capacity to understand that.
Kraggy had what Jurich perceived as success or he would not have hired him. I agree that the Petrino situation is unusual, going from winning perfectionist to disorganized and weak, but I know what I see and lots of people are seeing the same thing.

We are rebuilding? We have less talent now in year 5 than what Petrino inherited and its not even close to be honest. The team's performances have clearly been in decline and we almost certainly have a losing record against P5 competition the last 2 years. Any rebuilding should be either complete or much further along. What we are rebuilding from? We have done nothing of significance since he came back.

Damn, give the guy a chance, he's only 3 games in.
I didn't say he should be fired - just that his defense didn't look very good in the first three games. I am also basing it on his previous stops at other places - there's a reason that he's here and, they aren't good ones...

They cant. He's the scapegoat.
Not the guy on his 3rd DC in 3 yrs........
LOL! This from a guy who spent the better part of the last three years "scapegoating" the last two DC's. Some consistency might be nice - and not just in the unintentional irony department.

Of course it's Petrino's fault - as I (and others) have said repeatedly. It's his fault that he ran off a DC that was far better than anyone else that would agree to work with him. Your hard on for Grantham is well chronicled here but neither Sirmon or VanGorder could hold that dude's jock with both hands - and if you think differently you're certifiable. It's Petrino's fault that at this point in his career he can only attract inexperienced nobodies and retreads like Sirmon and VanGorder because no one worth a shit wants to work for him. Yeah - that's Petrino's fault for sure.

Saying VanGorder sucks isn't scapegoating him - sadly, it's simply telling the truth.

LOL! This from a guy who spent the better part of the last three years "scapegoating" the last two DC's. Some consistency might be nice - and not just in the unintentional irony department.

Of course it's Petrino's fault - as I (and others) have said repeatedly. It's his fault that he ran off a DC that was far better than anyone else that would agree to work with him. Your hard on for Grantham is well chronicled here but neither Sirmon or VanGorder could hold that dude's jock with both hands - and if you think differently you're certifiable. It's Petrino's fault that at this point in his career he can only attract inexperienced nobodies and retreads like Sirmon and VanGorder because no one worth a shit wants to work for him. Yeah - that's Petrino's fault for sure.

Saying VanGorder sucks isn't scapegoating him - sadly, it's simply telling the truth.

Well well well. If if isnt 3rd and Granthams biggest ass kisser errrrr fan.
I know youve been lying in wait to try and zapp me about that failed idiot, so lets rock.

Last we checked, 3rd and Grantham s defense was help ending Florida s 31 game win streak against SuCkS. Couple that with last time he was privileged to coach here, his defense let SuCkS drive from inside the 10, to a game winning FG.

As bad as Sirmon was and he was horrible, his defense was 1-0 vs SuCkS.
Yeah SuCkS isnt a real football team, but 3rd and Grantham s failure led to the bowl debacle against LSU and the idiot Grantham was rightfully fired.

To blame a guy whos been here 3 games and not the 15 yr head coach is asinine.
Its Petrinos fault no one wants to work with him, not the fans.

But youre happy Van Gorder sucks so you can continue youre narrative that 3rd and Grantham still should be here.

Its 3rd and Grantham s fault he's not here. Not mine no matter how much you gnash your teeth every time i post. Im estatic 3rd and Grantham will never coach here again.

Reactions: EKYCard643
Kraggy had what Jurich perceived as success or he would not have hired him. I agree that the Petrino situation is unusual, going from winning perfectionist to disorganized and weak, but I know what I see and lots of people are seeing the same thing.

We are rebuilding? We have less talent now in year 5 than what Petrino inherited and its not even close to be honest. The team's performances have clearly been in decline and we almost certainly have a losing record against P5 competition the last 2 years. Any rebuilding should be either complete or much further along. What we are rebuilding from? We have done nothing of significance since he came back.

We are rebuilding offensively from losing a Heisman winning qb. defensively we are just young, and petrino made a bad hire in sirmon, but we had sone great defenses under grantham.

as to kraggs previous success you mention...jurich made a horrible hire there. the guy had mediocre teams at Tulsa, and had done nothing significant during his time there.

We are rebuilding offensively from losing a Heisman winning qb. defensively we are just young, and petrino made a bad hire in sirmon, but we had sone great defenses under grantham.

as to kraggs previous success you mention...jurich made a horrible hire there. the guy had mediocre teams at Tulsa, and had done nothing significant during his time there.
We have most of our offense back from last season including a highly regarded quarterback who has been in the system 3 years. This was expected to be a much smoother transition. Stop making excuses for Petrino. He deserves the beat downs I am giving him because he has obviously failed to prepare this team for the season.

We have a very young football team. The most important position on the field is in flux, in an understatement. Neither of our QBs have ever started a game before this season. And if you don’t think that’s a major component in our recent struggles then you simply don’t know anything about football. Other than, of course, to spout off. How about a little support for our young football team.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

The recruiting rankings say different. All schools not named Alabama have rebuilding years- you sound like a broken record.

I didn't say he should be fired - just that his defense didn't look very good in the first three games. I am also basing it on his previous stops at other places - there's a reason that he's here and, they aren't good ones...
5 true Freshman on the field will do that.

The recruiting rankings say different. All schools not named Alabama have rebuilding years- you sound like a broken record.
I don't care about recruiting rankings. I care about what other programs have offered our players. Bottom line is our recruiting has gone backward since Petrino took over.

We have most of our offense back from last season including a highly regarded quarterback who has been in the system 3 years. This was expected to be a much smoother transition. Stop making excuses for Petrino. He deserves the beat downs I am giving him because he has obviously failed to prepare this team for the season.
You know we did lose a Heisman winner that accounted for over 5000 yards of offense last year right?

So in other words you set the bar wherever you want it regardless of facts.
I make judgments based on what I actually see on the field, not by the hype that recruiting sites create. Anyone who has watched Louisville football the last 30 years would say the talent level at this point is not good and the coaching mediocre.

I make judgments based on what I actually see on the field, not by the hype that recruiting sites create. Anyone who has watched Louisville football the last 30 years would say the talent level at this point is not good and the coaching mediocre.
Anybody who knows football can see the talent is there but it is young.

That accounts for the pathetic offensive showing? Most of our offense is back from last year. No way we should look this bad.
Even if it was even close to being true, a true fan would not spout the negativity that comes from you in every post. Find another team you can support, it will make you sleep better at nights.

Even if it was even close to being true, a true fan would not spout the negativity that comes from you in every post. Find another team you can support, it will make you sleep better at nights.
I am responding to posters. If you don't want a response then ignore my posts instead of arguing with me. If you can't stand objectivity maybe you should go to a cooking forum or something less controversial.

I am responding to posters. If you don't want a response then ignore my posts instead of arguing with me. If you can't stand objectivity maybe you should go to a cooking forum or something less controversial.
The trouble is your post aren't objective. We aren't Alabama or Clemson and have a rebuilding year so fire Petrino. If you would quit thinking you are the smartest person in the room you might realize the BS you are spouting.

Reactions: kentuckyshame

Who the **** are you to say what Petrino deserves? The guy has proven his coaching by giving us some great games and great years. Your opinion means jack shit. you are a moron when it comes to football.

Well well well. If if isnt 3rd and Granthams biggest ass kisser errrrr fan.
I know youve been lying in wait to try and zapp me about that failed idiot, so lets rock.

Last we checked, 3rd and Grantham s defense was help ending Florida s 31 game win streak against SuCkS. Couple that with last time he was privileged to coach here, his defense let SuCkS drive from inside the 10, to a game winning FG.

As bad as Sirmon was and he was horrible, his defense was 1-0 vs SuCkS.
Yeah SuCkS isnt a real football team, but 3rd and Grantham s failure led to the bowl debacle against LSU and the idiot Grantham was rightfully fired.

To blame a guy whos been here 3 games and not the 15 yr head coach is asinine.
Its Petrinos fault no one wants to work with him, not the fans.

But youre happy Van Gorder sucks so you can continue youre narrative that 3rd and Grantham still should be here.

Its 3rd and Grantham s fault he's not here. Not mine no matter how much you gnash your teeth every time i post. Im estatic 3rd and Grantham will never coach here again.
Pointing out that your post saying that fans questioning BVG's ability are scapegoating him, is simply calling you out on your hypocrisy and overall lack of self awareness.

I don't give a great pixelated f@ck about Florida football, so you droning on about what is happening with them this season falls on deaf ears. Like most posters pushing their own narrative, you cherry pick items rather than simply state the situation factually. The facts are that Grantham is a significantly better DC than sirmon or VanGorder. That's not because I say so, that's every single metric that you could possibly use to judge people in similar positions. The fact that he continues to be considered and hired for high profile jobs while Petrino picks up his replacements at goodwill should also tell you everything that you need to know.

You've consistently misstated my position on our DC situation. I do not think that Grantham was infallible or, that he shouldn't have accepted responsibility for poor play by the defense while he was here. What I said then and now, is that Grantham is a far better DC than the replacements that Petrino would be able to bring in. To date - that assertion has been proven correct. You want to fire the guy? Fine but you damn well better bring in someone as good or (hopefully) better, or face some justified criticism. You don't fire a Grantham to replace him with a sirmon or VanGorder - unless you care more about yourself than you do the program - and that's on Petrino.

Let me type that again for you all by itself so perhaps you won't miss it AGAIN - it's on Petrino that our defense isn't good. I'm not blaming anyone - not VanGorder, not sirmon - for this situation other than Petrino. Saying that those two guys are terrible DC's is simply stating a fact but, it's completely on Petrino that those are the types of guys that will agree to work for him.

Lastly, saying that I'm happy that VanGorder sucks as a DC makes about as much sense as saying that I'm happy that you suck as a poster - it's another in a long list of ridiculous comments by you.

"Lying in wait" - lulz.

Pointing out that your post saying that fans questioning BVG's ability are scapegoating him, is simply calling you out on your hypocrisy and overall lack of self awareness.

I don't give a great pixelated f@ck about Florida football, so you droning on about what is happening with them this season falls on deaf ears. Like most posters pushing their own narrative, you cherry pick items rather than simply state the situation factually. The facts are that Grantham is a significantly better DC than sirmon or VanGorder. That's not because I say so, that's every single metric that you could possibly use to judge people in similar positions. The fact that he continues to be considered and hired for high profile jobs while Petrino picks up his replacements at goodwill should also tell you everything that you need to know.

You've consistently misstated my position on our DC situation. I do not think that Grantham was infallible or, that he shouldn't have accepted responsibility for poor play by the defense while he was here. What I said then and now, is that Grantham is a far better DC than the replacements that Petrino would be able to bring in. To date - that assertion has been proven correct. You want to fire the guy? Fine but you damn well better bring in someone as good or (hopefully) better, or face some justified criticism. You don't fire a Grantham to replace him with a sirmon or VanGorder - unless you care more about yourself than you do the program - and that's on Petrino.

Let me type that again for you all by itself so perhaps you won't miss it AGAIN - it's on Petrino that our defense isn't good. I'm not blaming anyone - not VanGorder, not sirmon - for this situation other than Petrino. Saying that those two guys are terrible DC's is simply stating a fact but, it's completely on Petrino that those are the types of guys that will agree to work for him.

Lastly, saying that I'm happy that VanGorder sucks as a DC makes about as much sense as saying that I'm happy that you suck as a poster - it's another in a long list of ridiculous comments by you.

"Lying in wait" - lulz.

Even though there are times when I agree with your post such as when you call out the “Petrino” haters I do have to disagree with you on Grantham. Not so much as to whether he knows how to coach defense because it is proven that he does indeed know his trade. However, his issues here went far beyond whether he was having success as our DC. There were serious issues in our locker room and he, and his brother, were the instigators. I could care less if whether or not he is successful at UF but their game vs uahkay showed that he has a ton(s) of work to do there. But I do care about what happened under his tutelage of our defense here. They were were better, obviously, than our defense since, but the jury is still out on our BVG defense. However I do have to admit that we are not proving ourselves to be a great defensive team, yet. With that being said I think we are young, very young and that lends itself to us (UofL) having a lot of room for improvement and that’s what I’m hoping for. I believe that if we can avoid injuries then we can, indeed, be a better defensive team as the season progresses. Let’s all hope that our defense plays well today at UVA. Actually I think Bobby does us a favor by not being heavily involved on the defensive side of the ball. Just my own opinion here.

Your right players never get better,stronger and faster with age and experience.

I’m laughing my @$$ off at your comment. MM comes from a long line of uahkay faithful that say each and every year that they are indeed stronger and faster than UofL and the majority of their $ec brethren. What a joke MM is.

The trouble is your post aren't objective. We aren't Alabama or Clemson and have a rebuilding year so fire Petrino. If you would quit thinking you are the smartest person in the room you might realize the BS you are spouting.
Petrino has had nearly 5 years to upgrade the program and the talent from what he inherited. Instead he has gone in reverse. I know its hard for some to admit that but it is still the truth. I don't say that because I am happy about it. If we have a bad season, as it appears we will at this point, you will write it off as rebuilding. You have your talking points and excuses all lined up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT