ADVERTISEMENT

VanGorder sucks

Why does Van Gorder suck? Even with no resemblance of an offense, his defense has kept us within reach. To blame this shit show on Van Gorder is ludicrous.
I’m not blaming this on VanGorder you simpleton - I’m simply saying he sucks. The two can be mutually exclusive.

I’m not blaming this on VanGorder you simpleton - I’m simply saying he sucks. The two can be mutually exclusive.
You are just playing word games and trolling. We could lose the rest of our games and you would still be inventing excuses for Petrino.

You are just playing word games and trolling. We could lose the rest of our games and you would still be inventing excuses for Petrino.
You have yet to explain how saying VanGorder sucks and it Petrino’s failt we’re stuck with someone like him, how that is “inventing excuses for Petrino.”

Because you can’t.

You have yet to explain how saying VanGorder sucks and it Petrino’s failt we’re stuck with someone like him, how that is “inventing excuses for Petrino.”

Because you can’t.
I don't have to say anything. The play on the field is self evident unless you actually believe the head coach isn't really responsible for the team's play.

I don't have to say anything. The play on the field is self evident unless you actually believe the head coach isn't really responsible for the team's play.
No, I don’t think that Petrino - an offensive minded HC as there ever was - is directly responsible for the defensive on field performance - that is on the DC. Hiring good assistants is the HC’s direct responsibility. It’s no different than in any organization - sports, business or otherwise. The fact that you don’t understand such easy and universal concepts boggles the mind.

No, I don’t think that Petrino - an offensive minded HC as there ever was -..
Isn't it time you say thanks to our DC for saving us from an embarrassing loss to a team that lost to Maine and accepting the reality that our "offensive minded HC" is a train wreck?

Isn't it time you say thanks to our DC for saving us from an embarrassing loss to a team that lost to Maine and accepting the reality that our "offensive minded HC" is a train wreck?
Based on your tortured “logic” Petrino gets the credit for the defense playing better and, the win.

Reactions: teamcanada
Based on your tortured “logic” Petrino gets the credit for the defense playing better and, the win.
Amazing that someone could be stupid enough to say that in a thread they started saying Van Gorder sucks. Amazing. Its ok to admit you don't know squat about football. Everyone knows it anyway based on this thread.

Amazing that someone could be stupid enough to say that in a thread they started saying Van Gorder sucks. Amazing. Its ok to admit you don't know squat about football. Everyone knows it anyway based on this thread.
I agree - anyone who uses logic like you do, which I did to prove a point - is stupid and knows squat about football. Interesting that you can only see it when someone else does it.

Good thing the special teams does not consist of 7th graders and under then!

tumblr_inline_oymuvqYxq11uuxm5c_540.gif

I agree - anyone who uses logic like you do, which I did to prove a point - is stupid and knows squat about football. Interesting that you can only see it when someone else does it.

You would be better served to just shut it down for the night. Your entire thread blaming Van Gorder, whose squad actually saved the game, is the work of a lunatic.

You would be better served to just shut it down for the night. Your entire thread blaming Van Gorder, whose squad actually saved the game, is the work of a lunatic.
I get that facts and reading comprehension aren’t really your things but, please cut and paste my post where I blamed VanGorder for anything - other than not being a good DC. Again, I’ll wait.

Last edited:
It all flows from the lack of leadership or organization from the top. Just like it did with Kragthorpe. You can fire and hire all the assistant coaches you want and we did exactly that when Kragsy was here. It will not accomplish a thing.
You need to get laid. It may help. 2-1, due to a great effort in the 2nd half. Western deserves a ton of credit too.

I think Van Gorder probably is terrible and that Petrino has not assembled a staff that resembles a top 15-20 staff. However I would also add that the recruiting prior to BVG has dealt the defense coordinator a crummy hand. Simply put we are not strong enough on the defensive line and our linebackers and safeties are too slow.

Probably doesn't help having Etheridge and Greenard out. It definately doesn't help when the offense gets it's inital 1st D in the 2nd Q!

No, I don’t think that Petrino - an offensive minded HC as there ever was - is directly responsible for the defensive on field performance - that is on the DC. Hiring good assistants is the HC’s direct responsibility. It’s no different than in any organization - sports, business or otherwise. The fact that you don’t understand such easy and universal concepts boggles the mind.
There is this possibility. I ran into this at a work situation. Bobby’s son-in-laws coach the defense. Bobby’s not going to take the role of putting any blame on them. Van Gorder also may feel that he’s powerless to go to Bobby and say these coaches ain’t getting it done.

There is this possibility. I ran into this at a work situation. Bobby’s son-in-laws coach the defense. Bobby’s not going to take the role of putting any blame on them. Van Gorder also may feel that he’s powerless to go to Bobby and say these coaches ain’t getting it done.
That is a definite possibility. I would add that any top-flight DC would have second (and third) thoughts after taking a long look at Petrino’s organizational chart before signing up.

Add to it that Grantham is still well respected in CFB - and I doubt he has any nice things to say about the situation.

I get that facts and reading comprehension aren’t really your things but, please cut and paste my post where I blamed VanGorder for anything - other than not being a good DC. Again, I’ll wait.
What is the difference between directly blaming him and saying he sucks in the middle of a game? Of course you are blaming him and he was not even remotely the problem last night.

What is the difference between directly blaming him and saying he sucks in the middle of a game? Of course you are blaming him and he was not even remotely the problem last night.
WKU gained 498 yards against us - let that sink in to your pointy little head and tell me that BVG’s defense is not a concern.

WKU gained 498 yards against us - let that sink in to your pointy little head and tell me that BVG’s defense is not a concern.
Primarily because our offense stunk and could not sustain drives or put points on the board. Let that sink in to your flat little head.

Got to agree, a defense can't hold up if the offense doesn't get 1st Downs. Cards didn't gain a 1st D in the 1st Q, and had a turnover on a 1st Down play - 1 play possession.

Got to agree, a defense can't hold up if the offense doesn't get 1st Downs. Cards didn't gain a 1st D in the 1st Q, and had a turnover on a 1st Down play - 1 play possession.
I would agree - that’s a problem for a defense - particularly if their playing a P5 high level opponent like UofL played in bama and is about to start playing in the ACC. But that’s not who / what WKU is - even remotely. They’re a cusa team who was playing with a 3rd string redshirt freshman QB. I would hope that UofL’s defense would be able to give up less than 350 yds against that regardless.

I would agree - that’s a problem for a defense - particularly if their playing a P5 high level opponent like UofL played in bama and is about to start playing in the ACC. But that’s not who / what WKU is - even remotely. They’re a cusa team who was playing with a 3rd string redshirt freshman QB. I would hope that UofL’s defense would be able to give up less than 350 yds against that regardless.

No Greenard and no Etheridge. I'm not making excuses, just adding variables to the discussion.

No Greenard and no Etheridge. I'm not making excuses, just adding variables to the discussion.
And they’re good variables - no question - but it’s not like those guys are Ed Oliver and Devin White. Shows the depth isn’t where it should be but I still maintain that, giving up 498 to a cusa RS freshman qb is a sign something’s fundamentally wrong defensively.

And they’re good variables - no question - but it’s not like those guys are Ed Oliver and Devin White. Shows the depth isn’t where it should be but I still maintain that, giving up 498 to a cusa RS freshman qb is a sign something’s fundamentally wrong defensively.
Well there is obviously a lot wrong and most of that is lack of speed and talent. Our defense often appears to be moving in slow motion. Van Gorder didn't recruit those guys.

Reactions: wilkie01
The blame is so broad that you cannot blame any individual put the head coach. After all its his job to make the team chemistry to work.

Well there is obviously a lot wrong and most of that is lack of speed and talent. Our defense often appears to be moving in slow motion. Van Gorder didn't recruit those guys.
Quit slurping on VanGorder - you sound like an old school kragthorpe apologist. o_O

Dumb comment. I have no idea if he is going to be a great hire or not but I do know he was not the problem last night as you claim.
Of course it’s a dumb comment - I stole it from you. You have posted this same BS about 100 times with respect to Petrino.

Idiot.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
Looks like someone is getting cranky and maybe needs to their blanky and a nap.
Maybe - I do love a good nap.

But it definitely is a situation of someone who is so obtuse that they don’t recognize their own stupidity when it’s sarcastically being thrown back in their face.

Looks like someone is getting cranky and maybe needs to their blanky and a nap.
You really need to put the “fire Petrino” to bed for at
Least 18 months.

As Cardinalrod points out
——-Petrino Salary 3.9Mil per year. 14Mil buyout——-

Our AD is bitching about paying security for two extra hours of tailgating, and you think we have the kind of money to buy out (get rid of) Bobby?

You need to save yourself the misery, and us the redundancy of bringing it up in every thread. Or.....be like most and hope he gets it together.

Until the cost comes down, Bobby’s stock ain’t. ;)

Regardless the record.

Reactions: BPGhost
I admit right now our team looks really bad and I don't know if we will get any better. However, it is really early in the season and a lot of people could be eating their words ( I hope so anyway ). In regards to Van Gorder you have to give the guy a chance. We have had 2 really bad Defensive Coordinators before him so he has a lot to fix.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT