ADVERTISEMENT

UT off the NIT bubble

I was hoping Clemson would be our only bad loss.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Reactions: Cue Card
Unfortunately, our 2 pt loss is the swing game that's keeping them barely on the right side of the bubble. If Lees 3 at the buzzer goes in, they would have one win over a team projected in the tourney and 5 losses to teams projected out. That's not a resume that gets you in... period. Maybe Zipp was right on his other thread ? :cool:

We don't wanna derail a good LPT bashing thread. But there's absolutely no question in my mind that the only school that benefits from our playing LPT across all sports is LPT.

"Elite program', my a$$...

U can't tell me the bluenecks wouldn't go ape if they continue to get AAs and they lost to us every year. They run Calipari out of town faster than you can Billy Gillespie....

Yeah when they win... Are you conceding that whenever we play? Is that why you want the series to end?
The logic applies win or lose. Check the other thread and leave this one alone...

The logic applies win or lose. Check the other thread and leave this one alone...

Why is it okay for you to talk about it in this thread but not nccardfan?

This one man crusade that you are on applying your 'faulty logic' and assuming that you are in the majority opinion is just silly. And even if the pool of folks from this board or just all the people you know might agree or not.....does not make a thing so......especially local talk show radio callers.

Your anecdotally based opinion is beneath your otherwise sound use of data to somehow prove a POV and rally the like minded to your cause is quite amusing. I'm sure that outsiders to this site just love to 'LoL' whenever you continue bloviating about this subject.

But I will give you this...you are consistent in your single minded focus to dis uk in everything. What you fail to see is that while that is acceptable to some/many Card fans, it is not acceptable to speak as an authority figure telling all the fans that appreciate a good rivalry, that you want to take that rivalry game away from those who do appreciate it, just because that is what you want based on your feelings and faulty logic POV.

It is truly sad to see that hatred so consumes you that you expect others to feel and move to act the same way you do in this area. Life offers vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon (and many other flavors) to satisfy the tastes and desires of us humans. We do not all feel or think the same way.....and that is a good thing.

Lastly, it was hypocritical of Adolph Rupp to impose this viewpoint, and as you admitted in another thread.....it would look hypocritical of you, and of UofL to not play these games for the same reason. Win or lose, it really does not matter. What matters is to compete and just play the games for all the fans......and not just for those that hate.... no matter which side of the fence they happen to sit on.

Do not be afraid is the most often quoted phrase in the the new testament of the bible. Wasn't it FDR that said, "We having nothing to fear,.... except fear itself". Rupp feared losing again....so he wouldn't play.....could it be that you do too?

As you so often say.....is that what is eating at you? In order to control this using 'the rational of not playing so we can't lose if we don't play' is the behavior of a 'controlling person'.

Is it not better behavior for UofL to be fair and balanced on this issue?. I don't want to repeat the failed attitude of Rupp and his uk counterparts on this topic. UofL is better than that. And unless you are playing for the 'ship' in the FF.....there is no such thing as a 'Superbowl Game' in basketball. That is just a lame excuse to cover for the 'fear of losing'. Both participants have the ability to get up for the game equally....if they don't it is there own dang fault. That is part of being a competitor in any sport.

Mayo,

Well said and I don't mean just because I agree with your POV which I do. I actually started believing that all cardinal fans felt like giving the series up. I hate losing to UK more than anyone but I'm not going to fool myself or try to persuade others that it is because we are so much better than they are. I like to think we are, but that's just being a fan. That's why you play the game. It's all fun, it's sports!

Reactions: Mayoman and SoulSr
I feel it would be a chicken crap move to end the series. I believe up until the 2012 tournament, UK hadn't played WKU at all due to losing years before that. I don't want it to ever be reduced to that with this series. The rivialry's too fun to nix.

I really only see you two guys (Mayo and nccardfan) humping LPT anymore. I'm not saying to muzzle the talk. We need to respect that this isn't what the OP started this thread about. And I hate to derail any good LPT bashing thread.

But by all means let's debate the subject some more in the right thread. Because the facts are on my side, and nostalgia and little brother-ism are all I have to go up against. I think I can handle that...

I assume they're assured of having a winning season?

"Elite program", my a$$...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT