ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today offers final grades for every FBS team.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
I disagree with Louisville's grade.
636511788663827325-011018-ncaaf-final-grades.jpg

Dang a C+ for Louisville and Petrino! Jeff Brohm and Purdue got an A-. Time to get on the phone and hire our new football coach!

These things are always subject to ridicule but seriously, Kentucky getting a B, was like saying “you sucked something awful this year, but nobody knew it considering the Mildcats’ sorry history.

My other gripes would be Michigan getting a B- after starting the year ranked 11th and losing to every rival and good team on their schedule. And Virginia getting a ‘B’. The Cavaliers made a few strides early ( Beating Boise at Boise) but were absolutely atrocious down the stretch and their Bowl game was embarrassing to watch against Navy.

Well I guess since the USA Today says it’s so, it’s so. What a joke. Just wait until USA Today says “there’s gold in them thar hills”. :D

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

All a C+ means for Louisville is that they expect more from Louisville. That’s why Kentucky and Purdue did better grade wise. Their expectations were much lower.

It’s really a good thing. And if we’re honest a C+ is fair. We lost to BC, WF, and our bowl. We should have won those games.

That's about right. Beat boston college and wake forest and that's 10 wins and we get a A minus. Season was disappointing to me.

That's about right. Beat boston college and wake forest and that's 10 wins and we get a A minus. Season was disappointing to me.

I’m with you, had we won the Bowl game it would have been slightly better. But because they didn’t have their coaching staff in place and we lost. Well that made it even worse to me. Had we won we wouldn’t have gotten much credit, but to lose we’ll that was just plain bad. Really no excuse for losing.

Having the defending Heisman winner raised expectations. No regard given to new DC and O-line coaches/systems. I agree losing the bowl with the losses Miss State had hurt, and the off game Jackson had gave momentum (rightly or wrongly) that the Cards were a one man band.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT