ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATES: On Chris Jones charges....

Howie Lindsey

Elite Member
Silver Member
May 29, 2001
Louisville, KY
www.cardinalsports.com
8 am: What is crazy is that right after the suspension, I had two people tell me it was assault of a woman, but then as the rumors swirled I didn't hear much about that anymore. Then the initial incident report came out and even though we all knew there was another incident report, I don't think anyone imagined it could be this bad.

Turns out it was even worse than anyone originally thought. Alleged rape of one woman and sodomy of another.

I pray for those women.

9 am: There are female students railing against the charges on Instagram saying that they are made up. There is clearly enough evidence to file charges and the women were at University Hospital undergoing a rape kit so I doubt there's anything made up.

10 am: Jones is expected to turn himself in to authorities soon. Maybe has already. He and two others are charged with rape and sodomy.

10:20 am: Jones has already given a statement to police and withdrawn from classes. He just pled not guilty to all charges in court and his attorneys are asking for bond to be set at $10,000.

10:20 am: Named in the allegations: 23-year-old Chris Jones, 21-year-old Jalen D. Tilford and 19-year-old Tyvon J. Walker are accused of forcing one of two victims to engage in oral and vaginal intercourse.

11:30 am: Louisville releases a statement on the ongoing investigation:

Statement Relating to the Dismissal of Chris Jones

On Feb. 17 while at a team dinner, Coach Rick Pitino was informed of a text message sent by Chris Jones to another individual. Chris was removed from the dinner table, immediately suspended from the team. After the matter was addressed within the university and Chris surrendered his cell phone, he was permitted to return to the team on Feb. 19 with strict internal disciplinary measures attached, among which included a curfew. It was discovered shortly after noon on Feb. 22 that Chris had violated a curfew and there were other accusations, without knowing specifics. At that time, Chris was immediately dismissed from the team.

While Chris is no longer a member of our team, we understand that the allegations are very serious. While we cannot comment on this ongoing investigation, we certainly expect our student-athletes to uphold certain standards, including their treatment of others. We have great respect for the legal process and our university procedures and we will cooperate as requested with this matter.

https://louisville.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1741001
This post was edited on 2/26 11:50 AM by Howie Lindsey

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News