ADVERTISEMENT

UofL Recuirt 4* QB Malik Cunningham 5A-7A Alabama POTY

Feb 19, 2003
His accuracy is impressive from the Human Joystick..From the article:

•First-team Class 6A All-State.

•Led the Thunderbirds, a third-year varsity program, to the Class 6A semifinals and a 13-1 record.

•Was one of three first-team All-State players for Park Crossing, joining offensive lineman Marcus “Tank” Jenkins and kicker Jake Lane.

•Completed 63 percent of his passes for 2,913 yards and 30 touchdowns against eight interceptions. Ran for 1,015 yards and 19 scores.

•Finished his career with 6,726 yards and 71 touchdowns passing, plus 1,926 yards and 32 touchdowns rushing.

•Plans to go to Louisville, where sophomore quarterback Lamar Jackson won the Heisman Trophy this season.

Is Lamar Jackson going to be your backup next year?

No, sir. I’ll redshirt. I will put him on notice when I get up there, but I know he’s the starter. I’ve talked to him, and he’s told me to stay focused, stay positive and keep my mind on getting through college and becoming an elite player.

I was very happy when he won the Heisman. It showed me that I can do the same thing if I come in and do the work.

How tempting was it to strike a Heisman pose this year like Jackson did?

I was about to do it once, but I didn’t want the coaches to get on me, so I decided against it. Coach (Smitty) Grider wouldn’t have been happy with a 15-yard penalty

Why Louisville?

First off, Coach P (Bobby Petrino) is doing a great job. I like what he’s done with his quarterbacks in the past. He’s had a few go to the NFL, and Lamar is going to be the next one. I can see me getting there in the future after going through his offense.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...nningham-metro-football-player-year/95902550/

Nice story.
Man, after Pass, the QBs just keep on coming.
I wish he would bring some of those OLs with him. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT