ADVERTISEMENT

UK football

Truthfully, there's not much more of a myth than offensive line depth. It's sort of imaginary. Defensive line depth, however, is imperative. A good, well-conditioned O-lineman can take every snap. Hell, Eric Wood did just that in his final season as a pro this year.
Yeah, but there was only one pro team that the line was intact all year in the pros.
I just disagree....I think the best college teams are two deep with little drop off on both lines.

I find it hilarious that a UL fan would talk smack about any other school. Academic scandals galore just google And read several pages from the CJ, Foundation scandals ( missing 60 to One hundred million) , basketball scandal on appeal and the big investigation not even started yet, Clint Hurt show cause , Tom Jurich auctioning off all of his belongings with a cardinal logo. Yet u find fun in trashing a rival. Hilarious. Just Hilarious .

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that a UL fan would talk smack about any other school. Academic scandals galore just google And read several pages from the CJ, Foundation scandals ( missing 60 to One hundred million) , basketball scandal on appeal and the big investigation not even started yet, Clint Hurt show cause , Tom Jurich auctioning off all of his belongings with a cardinal logo. Yet u find fun in trashing a rival. Hilarious. Just Hilarious .
We’re you laughing after the rivalry game? Just curious

Reactions: American Male

Look in the mirror dumb F#(K...CanSuckMe is the Poster Boy School for Scandals...Started with Corrupt Rupp in the 50's...Now...Move To Lessington and Slime with your kind!!!

:cool:

Since you know so much about Louisville, why are you bringing up basketball scandals on this board? Poor little putty cat

Please bring the “news accounts” of “missing 60 to 100 million” to the board. I know you won’t do this because they don’t exist. The latest audit shows that the cash and securities portion of the UofL foundation to be around 750 million and after throwing in the real estate portion the foundation’s value is 1.19 billion (that’s billion with a b). You are a stereotypical ignorant and dumbass uahkay cayut fan. Is your football program on probation because that’s the only way a team can be that bad. I heard you were there in disguise buying some of TJ’s UofL stuff because you are so insecure in being a cayut fan.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Vestavia57
We’re you laughing after the rivalry game? Just curious
No actually it didn’t bother me. Here’s why , I began message board banter on the old Lexington Herald board which was one of the first . It was mean . We yelled and screamed at each other
Oddly enough my best friend on that board was a wonderful guy who was a UL fan. He taught me a lot.
We met for lunch.

First thing he said was message boards are just for fun. If you don’t enjoy it don’t do it. That sports are just,for fun if you don’t enjoy the games don’t go.

Is kind of like when I coached little league and concluded I would not have my success or failure in Life determined by whether or not a ten year old could catch a ball.

I am invited many times to attend UL games and wear Cardinal red except when they play UK.

Neither UK or UL will ever be football powers .

If u want yo get excited about who’s the tallest midget in the room fine. Frankly , I think the social relationships which also enable u to make money BTW are what its all about.

PEACE

This is the kind of loser rhetoric many U.K. Fans resort to. By proclaiming that neither will ever be a football power it somehow makes them feel better. More to the point, it makes them feel like they are roughly our equal. Of course,this is obnoxiously false. Louisville is far superior to Kentucky and we actually have fans, players and coaches dedicated to succeeding at the highest level. Meanwhile, U.K.s perennial goal is to make a bowl and celebrate its usual round of moral victories

DO NOT ever tell yourself that lie again. UL and UK are not equals in football. You are barely above EKU and WKU...and maybe not even that.

You all are a joke of a football team and nothing more Nobody in this country and I mean, sincerely, nobody respects your football team, nobody .

UK, the place where QBs and coaches go to die and 6-6 is the get you a contract extension and is the equivalent of a national championship

No actually it didn’t bother me. Here’s why , I began message board banter on the old Lexington Herald board which was one of the first . It was mean . We yelled and screamed at each other
Oddly enough my best friend on that board was a wonderful guy who was a UL fan. He taught me a lot.
We met for lunch.

First thing he said was message boards are just for fun. If you don’t enjoy it don’t do it. That sports are just,for fun if you don’t enjoy the games don’t go.

Is kind of like when I coached little league and concluded I would not have my success or failure in Life determined by whether or not a ten year old could catch a ball.

I am invited many times to attend UL games and wear Cardinal red except when they play UK.

If u want yo get excited about who’s the tallest midget in the room fine. Frankly , I think the social relationships which also enable u to make money BTW are what its all about.

PEACE
Do not lump us with Kentucky, we may not be a top ten program, but we’ve been close a couple of times in the past 11 years. Kentucky on the other hand, is a bottom dwelling P5 program, that couldn’t even take advantage of a down SEC east.

Do not lump us with Kentucky, we may not be a top ten program, but we’ve been close a couple of times in the past 11 years. Kentucky on the other hand, is a bottom dwelling P5 program, that couldn’t even take advantage of a down SEC east.

If u want to believe that fine. I choose to think on a consistent basis UL will never compete with FSU, Miami , Clemson, and Norte Dame and will lose a game or two to the middle of the ACC pack. IOWs you’re getting used to big boy football and who u are.
I realize who UK is in football . It will never be compete because State of Kentucky high school football is inferior and getting worse . For instance, The catholic middle schools are now having to get three schools together to field a team because many parents don t want their kids playing football .
If you think U have something special about UL over. Clemson, Miami, Notre Dame , and FSU either academically or tradition wise to entice recruits to come to UL more power to u. I don’t . You recruit in the top thirty and so does the new leadership at UK .

You both play in big boy leagues . My guess is over a ten year period you will both average 7/5 and be in the top thirty . Sometimes top 15 to twenty sometimes top forty . But on average 7/5 . UK the same . That’s all I am saying .

Bobby P was a great coach in the minor leagues and is a good coach in the P5 . But among the top ten ?
No way . Yes probably better than Stoops and will beat him more often than not . But still not really run with the big boys just as UK will not run with Alabama, Georgia, Auburn etc.

BTW once you realize the whole NCAA athletics is simply about the grownups exploiting the kids who will mostly have permanent knee, back and brain injuries , so that the Pitinios, Caliparis, Patrinos, Stoops and Emmerts can make multimilions it really is nothing to get upset about .

Reactions: Vestavia57
If u want to believe that fine. I choose to think on a consistent basis UL will never compete with FSU, Miami , Clemson, and Norte Dame and will lose a game or two to the middle of the ACC pack. IOWs you’re getting used to big boy football and who u are.
I realize who UK is in football . It will never be compete because State of Kentucky high school football is inferior and getting worse . For instance, The catholic middle schools are now having to get three schools together to field a team because many parents don t want their kids playing football .
If you think U have something special about UL over. Clemson, Miami, Notre Dame , and FSU either academically or tradition wise to entice recruits to come to UL more power to u. I don’t . You recruit in the top thirty and so does the new leadership at UK .

You both play in big boy leagues . My guess is over a ten year period you will both average 7/5 and be in the top thirty . Sometimes top 15 to twenty sometimes top forty . But on average 7/5 . UK the same . That’s all I am saying .

Bobby P was a great coach in the minor leagues and is a good coach in the P5 . But among the top ten ?
No way . Yes probably better than Stoops and will beat him more often than not . But still not really run with the big boys just as UK will not run with Alabama, Georgia, Auburn etc.

BTW once you realize the whole NCAA athletics is simply about the grownups exploiting the kids who will mostly have permanent knee, back and brain injuries , so that the Pitinios, Caliparis, Patrinos, Stoops and Emmerts can make multimilions it really is nothing to get upset about .
We were a field goal away from playing in the BCS championship game in 06, we were also 11-1 and defeated an 11-1 Florida team just a few years ago. We aren’t yearly contenders, but the relevance between us and you guys isn’t close, it’s been how many years since Kentucky has even finished in the top 25.

Reactions: clearthebases
We were a field goal away from playing in the BCS championship game in 06, we were also 11-1 and defeated an 11-1 Florida team just a few years ago. We aren’t yearly contenders, but the relevance between us and you guys isn’t close, it’s been how many years since Kentucky has even finished in the top 25.
06 was when you were playing minor league football. We beat a number one LSU team in 07. That’s the nature of the game. I just don’t think you will do it consistently in the ACC . But that’s where reasonable minds can differ . I just wouldn’t bet on it if I were U.

I’m surprised no one has hit me on the fact that in four years in the ACC you have average 8.5 wins per season and not the seven I predict . Maybe so 8/4 and UK 7/5 over ten years. But is that really a big deal .

Last edited:
06 was when you were playing minor league football. We beat a number one LSU team in 07. That’s the nature of the game. I just don’t think you will do it consistently in the ACC . But that’s where reasonable minds can differ . I just wouldn’t bet on it if I were U.

I’m surprised no one has hit me on the fact that in four years in the ACC you have average 8.5 wins per season and not the seven I predict . Maybe so 8/4 and UK 7/5 over ten years. But is that really a big deal .

No you hope we don’t win consistently. A big difference. I’ll take our chances of improving since we have grown to the challenge in every league. You knuckleheads said the same thing when we entered the BE. Stick to BB when you talk FB you embarrass yourselves. Every time I mention SuCk to my UF and Bama relatives they laugh. Heck I think there probably laughing at your BB team right now.

...Neither UK or UL will ever be football powers...
More evidence why slappies will never amount to anything outside of men's basketball.

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

LOL UL curb stomped FSU two years ago and beat them this past season Not to mention beat the gators ass something you haven't done since I've been alive hahaha

A UK fan would not know anything about what a big deal is or isn't in football. The complete lack of success for your team your entire life leaves you unequipped to weigh in on topics that dive into distinguishing degrees of success of a program.
UK won the National Championship according to some people's thoughts in 1951 in football and I was alive and remember my dad claiming it.

Of course , Pittsburgh claims Nine national champions in football only four of which the NCAA recognizes . And UNC claims a bunch in basketball(called Helms) that no one recognizes . I guess a lot of us and our schools are legends in our own mind.

At any rate we are in total agreement that I don't know anything about football. Didn't play it . Don't know a wheel route from a whatever. Looks like we are in agreement at least on that.

I do know Alabama is the gold standard in football but that's about all.

Oh there is one other thing I do know about football. If you re a UK fan u better keep your sense of humor. My guess is we agree on that as well. Where we disagree is that I think UL has the same disadvantages as we do and as u go forward with a revised downward budget in a P5 league that you really won't fare any better than us.

But hope springs eternal and I am sure that after I drink Big Blue Koolaide all summer I will be convinced we will win the SEC . I'm also certain that I'll be disappointed .
So the name o the game is to not take it too serious.

Good Luck

Last edited:
I don't get your point . UL hasn't won one since the 80's .
An oblivious slapd!ck thinks basketballs are bouncing everywhere. How would your football program improve when it will never be what basketball is?

Understand better??

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

Is that a problem?

It's not a problem for me. More of a problem for you, since if you are truly that age, it means your days are numbered. And given that....

I just found it hard to believe anyone approaching that age would have any desire to spend time posting in a thread like this, or would even feel compelled to be over here to know the thread even existed.

Figured somebody that age would find more important things to do, like taking their meds, or going to the bathroom, something like that.

So if you are truly that age - which... maybe you are... then you're just really weird, instead of just weird. Good job.

A guy with over 15000 posts telling a guy that's lived a life and paid his dues he's wasting his time with a couple posts on a rival board?????

That pretty much ends it.

It's that thinking that limits your team in football. UL is a football power. We might not ever be Bama or FSU but we will never limit ourselves because those teams exist. We are on a collision course...

And Louisville last won a Basketball championship in 2013, while I am sure you are trying to forget and while I am sure the actions of Andre McGee define your happiness, they most certainly do not define us. We are as repulsed by them as you pretend to be. But in the end, we cooperated and and did things the right way and did not try to hide or cover up anything. Our players earned that title and our fans earned the right to celebrate that title, irregardless of what you feel.

A guy with over 15000 posts telling a guy that's lived a life and paid his dues he's wasting his time with a couple posts on a rival board?????

Thanks. Good post and why I have so many Cardinal friends and enjoy talking "mild friendly smack" with them and going to games with them wearing my Cardinal Red. As I said it was a Cardinal guy who was my best friend on the old Lexington Herald board which had no moderators and was vicious . His advice was Message boards are just entertainment and for fun and if it gets personal or mean just step away.

As for the age comment above I have found growing old beats the alternative . And I'll just betcha I'm in better shape than a guy with 15,000 posts as I did my 35 laps today in the pool. My doc keeps asking me if I plan to live to be 150.

PEACE

So now you think you know his life story. He's paid his dues. For all you know he's a felon.

He's pushing 70 or beyond and he's got under 10 posts on the board and he's choosing to pop his cherry in a smack thread during the off season.

But more importantly, though trust me it ain't all that serious.... but more importantly....

He ran down the UofL program in those "couple posts on a rival board??????" which is all that really matters - and for that he deserves no admiration or love here....so he's not admirable in any way that matters in the context of where he is posting, and what he is actually saying - whether he's paid his dues in the real world or not.

So take your judge and jury and go on somewhere.

Last edited:
UK won the National Championship according to some people's thoughts in 1951 in football and I was alive and remember my dad claiming it.

Of course , Pittsburgh claims Nine national champions in football only four of which the NCAA recognizes . And UNC claims a bunch in basketball(called Helms) that no one recognizes . I guess a lot of us and our schools are legends in our own mind.

At any rate we are in total agreement that I don't know anything about football. Didn't play it . Don't know a wheel route from a whatever. Looks like we are in agreement at least on that.

I do know Alabama is the gold standard in football but that's about all.

Oh there is one other thing I do know about football. If you re a UK fan u better keep your sense of humor. My guess is we agree on that as well. Where we disagree is that I think UL has the same disadvantages as we do and as u go forward with a revised downward budget in a P5 league that you really won't fare any better than us.

But hope springs eternal and I am sure that after I drink Big Blue Koolaide all summer I will be convinced we will win the SEC . I'm also certain that I'll be disappointed .
So the name o the game is to not take it too serious.

Good Luck

1951 my ass. That so called “title” was issued in the 70s when sagarin came into being. Pure and simple. I was alive in the early 50s AND the 70s. Plus uahkay actually had a trophy produced for their football trophy case but guess what. It isn’t to be found anywhere now. They were totally embarassed by their own stupidity. And putting up Alabama as the “gold standard” of college football is actually accurate but what does uahkay have to do with that. That would be like UofL claiming great basketball because Denny Crum coached and played for THE GREATEST BASKETBALL COACH OF ALL TIME. But I digress since this IS a football board. What we all know for sure is that you are a dumbass for coming over here and attempting to validate uahkay cayut football.

Reactions: zipp
What we all know for sure is that you are a dumbass for coming over here and attempting to validate uahkay cayut football.

Well said. But keep in mind he's paid his dues, so he and his little buddy say.:rolleyes:

Some people claim JFK was shot by a pygmy shooting from a storm sewer, the moon landing was staged and 9-11 was a government plot. That's how delusional you have to be to believe UK has a national football championship.

What is a fact is that Tulane has more SEC football titles than Kentucky.

This thread is rich as hell, lol.

I guess the most resonant aspect of it for me was the older UK fan who - somewhat surprisingly - reveals the mindset of the UK football galaxy so clearly. "I partied" was relentless in one very accurate claim - UK fans speculating in excellence have no basis in felt experience. What it amounts to - and the lesson here - is that what drives a UK fan more than God Hisself is when UofL slips up. A recent rating in SI said UofL is #13 in the collective national football country over the past 5 years, 4 of which were in the ACC. Hardly the Little Leagues. We own not just acreage in their football heads - we own continents in there.

But the main premise of the OP also deserves abundant attention - I would pay special attention were I a UK fan. The recruiting of QB's at UK has been one of the more useless aspects of any program I have ever seen. Apparently, Stoops just doesn't see the need to have the best players in the most important position on the field. They get overused at UK, subject to pathetic pass blocking lines more attuned to the Snells of the world, who is so good at the run game, he probably doesn't even need a line, lol. So they end up battered. This is not rocket surgery. Your rival, us, recruits the best QB we can find - get this - every frigging year! Imagine that. Now Touchdown Terry, lol, who completed less than 57% of his passes in Junior College, is set to become the next Idol.

ouch. I hope he's insured.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT