ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans/knox

You've got it wrong. Zipp is just saying that your shit coach is garbage and can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Over 30+ NBA drat picks in 9 years and 1 lousy title.

Fat boobs has you losers eating out of his donut stained hands.
Next time, don’t hold back haha

That's what cow said after Bruce Weber (lol) outcoached him and Kansas State sent his latest crop of 6 month mercenaries home.

Now, Wes is working overtime and man boobs is racking up all the 5 star talent that his roster will hold because he knows his chance at another title is slim to none.

Reactions: earsky
Being elite is important, dammit. I a blue blud.

Being elite matters. Being elite makes men out of boys.

Only elite people follow elite programs. Hell, everyone knows that.

Is this a serious question? Ha ha, one can never tell.

Elite programs are hilariously self-involved. In that sense, compared to Kansas, UK, Duck, UNC, with the probably exception of UCLA who own over 125 National Titles in all sports (a truly "elite" program), Louisville is more than happy being considered "competitive".

I know for me and others, this is quite a nice reward. Honestly, I actually loudly "Expected" a title in 2013. But then, I "expected" a title for UK during their 40-0 season. Mostly, I enjoy being right, but that is a sideline to enjoying the games and competition. I especially love upsets, parity and the leveling of egotism.

Hope this helps.

Is this a serious question? Ha ha, one can never tell.

Elite programs are hilariously self-involved. In that sense, compared to Kansas, UK, Duck, UNC, with the probably exception of UCLA who own over 125 National Titles in all sports (a truly "elite" program), Louisville is more than happy being considered "competitive".

I know for me and others, this is quite a nice reward. Honestly, I actually loudly "Expected" a title in 2013. But then, I "expected" a title for UK during their 40-0 season. Mostly, I enjoy being right, but that is a sideline to enjoying the games and competition. I especially love upsets, parity and the leveling of egotism.

Hope this helps.
I clearly gave Louisville too much credit. Fair enough.

This thread is something else

Reactions: jrpross
I don't know any fanbase more obsessed with being thought of as "elite" than slapd!cks. It's why I like this simple yet effective message that, of course, they think is about them even though it's ambiguous...

"Elite program," my a$$.

I don't know any fanbase more obsessed with being thought of as "elite" than slapd!cks. It's why I like this simple yet effective message that, of course, they think is about them even though it's ambiguous...

"Elite program," my a$$.
Take a step out your front door, look up, and wave to Indiana

The subject you've created is a contrived definition of "elite"...

Truly the most delusional fan base in America.

"We didnt need him. He was the one player we could afford to lose, he is addition by subtraction on defense" do they realize how utterly stupid they always look?

Let that revolving door and early choke jobs with the easiest bracket ever keep on going. Good job Cat fans.
You are quoting one fans opinion. It certainly is not the majority that agrees with that post. I could cherry pick one post from this board on every conversation and it would be just as bad.

Not that great when it matters--in college. The only title was won with a generational player that comes along...once in a generation.

If you're willing to go 25 years or so between championships--assuming the NCAA lets you keep them--your system works fine...
Okay, so why has UL only won one title since 1986?

You guys are focusing on how many titles UK has missed out on while playing a bunch of freshmen, but what about UL?

Rick Pitino and DC are Hall of Fame coaches, where are all their titles? Those two coaches have had veteran teams every year and we aren't talking about scrubs for players either. Where are all their titles? They've missed out on more than Cal has and IMO veteran teams >>>freshmen teams.

I'd take vets over freshmen every time.

Look at Coach K, isn't he supposed to be the best coach ever? He has been flaming out with some of the finest collections of talent we've ever seen. But you guys don't talk about him/Duke because you're so damn hung up on UK. But even he can't win it all with freshmen.

Oh and by the way, every fanbase has their idiots. UK has ten times the amount of fans as UL, so naturally there are going to be more idiots, you guys have your fair share too, but I certainly don't expect you to admit that.

Kind of like some of our fans who think it's great that Deng Adel, our highest returning everything, is not coming back and that we'll be better without him.
Is UL bringing in a top 5 recruiting class next year and a player that is better than Deng at his position?
UK looks to have the #1 rated class, which is pretty good considering duke has the #1, #2, #3 and #7 rated recruits.
Replacing a freshman Knox isn't THAT difficult. I would love to have him back, but he was a freshmen that still had a lot to learn as far as basketball IQ. Kelden Johnson will fill in nicely for Kevin.

Loyola of Chicago was in the "title conversation" this year.

That's a set of goalposts on wheels (or legs!)...

giphy.gif
And the last time they were a serious threat to win a title was 1963. UK is in the conversation nearly every year, name 5 other schools that can say the same?

There's nothing absolute about a Final Four being an accomplishment. If you have to beat Davidson, Buffalo, Kansas State, and Loyola to get there, and you're supposedly "elite", it ain't an accomplishment. A lotta your own fans would agree.

Decade%20of%20LPT%20Basketball%20-%20Schultz%202_zpswyzpohr0.jpg
What about beating #1 seeded, undefeated Wichita State, Michigan, UL and Wisconsin to get to a title game?
What about beating overall #1 seeded Ohio State and #2 seeded UNC?
Again, Louisville has had just as many opportunities to win titles as UK has, where are they?
UK fans would kill you have the talented veterans that UL has had. Trying to win with freshmen is ten times harder.

Last edited:
Exactly....like living in Europe and making six figures is some kind of bad thing. Hell, that sounds like a dream to me.
I agree, living in Europe and making $100K a year is a good deal, but why leave early to do that? Why not stay and try to make an NBA roster where you can make ten times that amount, if not more, and go to Europe whenever you want later in life?

Last edited:
I agree, living in Europe and making $100K a year is a good deal, but why leave early to do that? Why not stay and try to make an NBA roster where you can make ten times that amount, if not more, and go to Europe whenever you want later in life?
Playing in Europe making 100k >>>> than finally getting to Lexington and realizing what a loser, obsessive, stalking, low life, delusional fanbase you have to play in front of for another year if you stay.

Oh and by the way, every fanbase has their idiots. UK has ten times the amount of fans as UL, so naturally there are going to be more idiots, you guys have your fair share too, but I certainly don't expect you to admit that.

This is always my favorite apology of UK fans for the "Deliverence" Model they self-expose on such a regular basis. UK fans not only need lessons in the language - ha ha - and in respecting civil behavior, they also have 20% of the fans of, say, the Patriots or basically any of 120 sporting enterprises in America. How many of those "idiot fans" do their level best to ruin lives if they don't agree with a ref's calls? Answer, please. We're talking 160 million Americans who exercise some restraint in their lives, even in the face of perhaps some rare fool egging them on to bad behavior.

The smug assurances UK fans use to salve their incredibly needy ego's is not just sick - it's hilariously sick. My own psychoanalyst is laughing her ass off at you frigging deaf mutes..

This is always my favorite apology of UK fans for the "Deliverence" Model they self-expose on such a regular basis. UK fans not only need lessons in the language - ha ha - and in respecting civil behavior, they also have 20% of the fans of, say, the Patriots or basically any of 120 sporting enterprises in America. How many of those "idiot fans" do their level best to ruin lives if they don't agree with a ref's calls? Answer, please. We're talking 160 million Americans who exercise some restraint in their lives, even in the face of perhaps some rare fool egging them on to bad behavior.

The smug assurances UK fans use to salve their incredibly needy ego's is not just sick - it's hilariously sick. My own psychoanalyst is laughing her ass off at you frigging deaf mutes..
You appear to be going to a top notch shrink. I'll just ignore the multiple ironies in that.

Reactions: kyjeff1
You may need to buff up your conception of Irony. If I had really been going to a shrink, one has to assume some soul improvement would occur, unless, of course, you live in the 19th Century. Most revealing in this is that you obviously never have, ha ha, nor do you know anyone who has, nor have you known any shrinks. No wonder you tolerate the "Deliverance Model" of fan behavior. You may just be that Jesus of Pikeville you imagine yourself to be.

Okay, so why has UL only won one title since 1986?

You guys are focusing on how many titles UK has missed out on while playing a bunch of freshmen, but what about UL?

Rick Pitino and DC are Hall of Fame coaches, where are all their titles? Those two coaches have had veteran teams every year and we aren't talking about scrubs for players either. Where are all their titles? They've missed out on more than Cal has and IMO veteran teams >>>freshmen teams.

I'd take vets over freshmen every time.

Look at Coach K, isn't he supposed to be the best coach ever? He has been flaming out with some of the finest collections of talent we've ever seen. But you guys don't talk about him/Duke because you're so damn hung up on UK. But even he can't win it all with freshmen.

Your LPT buddy made this a discussion about whether your program is "elite". This ain't about U of L's program which I never called elite.
And the last time [Loyola was] a serious threat to win a title was 1963. UK is in the conversation nearly every year, name 5 other schools that can say the same?
Again, "in the conversation" ain't winning a title. Too many slapd!cks think that getting close is what matters most. Try horse shoes and curling. And try convincing the rest of your own fanbase BTW.
What about beating #1 seeded, undefeated Wichita State, Michigan, UL and Wisconsin to get to a title game?
What about beating overall #1 seeded Ohio State and #2 seeded UNC?
Again, Louisville has had just as many opportunities to win titles as UK has, where are they?
UK fans would kill you have the talented veterans that UL has had. Trying to win with freshmen is ten times harder.
Again with the getting-close logic? You don't have "talented veterans" because you have a OAD program. That's why you have freshmen. That was your choice. Quit making excuses for it.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Reactions: Mayoman
You may need to buff up your conception of Irony. If I had really been going to a shrink, one has to assume some soul improvement would occur, unless, of course, you live in the 19th Century. Most revealing in this is that you obviously never have, ha ha, nor do you know anyone who has, nor have you known any shrinks. No wonder you tolerate the "Deliverance Model" of fan behavior. You may just be that Jesus of Pikeville you imagine yourself to be.
Yep, I pick a mean banjo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT