ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans/knox

Chapman123

800+
Jan 20, 2018
Louisville
Truly the most delusional fan base in America.

"We didnt need him. He was the one player we could afford to lose, he is addition by subtraction on defense" do they realize how utterly stupid they always look?

Let that revolving door and early choke jobs with the easiest bracket ever keep on going. Good job Cat fans.

I guess it's all good for Draft Day University then.

How are their fans not tired of the player rotation every year? I'm telling you, I wouldn't have any interest in seeing UofL running that sort of recruiting system (even if we could). Every season it's almost a new starting 5 for Kentucky. Watching the players mature is what I loved so much about the 2015 team, we had some guys that had been through the wars and developed. They knew and trusted one another. They had history. We knew we had some winners and didn't have to guess if we had a bunch of "selfish MF'ers" or not.

Maybe I'm just getting old.....:(

I'd say that the statement "the player we can afford to lose" is accurate based on need last year. Of course, Im just talking from a basketball perspective based on the roster makeup.

Of course we would take him back in a heartbeat! Knox coming back would've been an all-American caliber player

But I think losing PJ Washington and Jarred Vanderbilt would be harder because we cannot afford to lose. Jermarl Baker, Tyler Herro, and possibly Ashton Hagans will add scoring 3-point threats...and Knox's biggest attribute was his ability to stretch the defense. Keldon Johnson should be a WAY better defender than Knox.

Vanderbilt and Washington are physical post players that can be tough experienced guys that we will NEED to have an elite team next season. Richards and Jones could develop into nice players(Jones played well down the stretch), but those 2 guys would give us a top front court in the nation.

Reactions: Rockfly78
Slapd!cks have started to look at their five-star kids with the right perspective. None of them are that great.

And I can't disagree with that. It's the reality check that one title in ten years will provide you.

Even stupid people eventually learn...

Reactions: Senore2006

"We didnt need him. He was the one player we could afford to lose, he is addition by subtraction on defense" do they realize how utterly stupid they always look?

Let that revolving door and early choke jobs with the easiest bracket ever keep on going. Good job Cat fans.
You took all of that out of context and the OP didn't say we don't need Knox. Knox's biggest fault was on D. Keldon Johnson will be replacing Knox and is very good on D. The OP was talking about scoring and interior play. We can't afford to lose Vanderbilt or Washington. We will be much better on offense next year.

...We will be much better on offense next year.
How many years of frustration with Lite do you guys need to get your heads out of the clouds? Isn't it almost time to run this guy off too?

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

You took all of that out of context and the OP didn't say we don't need Knox. Knox's biggest fault was on D. Keldon Johnson will be replacing Knox and is very good on D. The OP was talking about scoring and interior play. We can't afford to lose Vanderbilt or Washington. We will be much better on offense next year.
Yea...read the whole thread. It's not just the OP.

Aside from going to the NBA, I could never imagine playing for your school or even coach there. Having to deal with your idiot fan base would be enough for me to go else where. Maybe that's why they are all going to Duke now.

I kind of like your system though. Starting to think you guys will never win another championship under Cal. Anthony Davis ain't walking through that door. If you cant even get out of the sweet 16 against a 5 guard, mediocre team with a roster full of 5 stars, then I don't know what to say. I like Jay Wrights system much better. His system wouldn't work at UK though, because that would require some coaching and we all know that ain't happening up in Lessington.

I'm glad you guys enjoy your roster turn over each year. It's fun watching UK each year and not knowing who the hell is even on the bench. It's even more fun reading your message board delusion ( I heard so and so is staying, blah blah blah) only to be disappointed and then say ( oh we didnt need him anyway )

I particularly like when you guys miss out on a recruit and the same rhetoric always follows ( cal backed off of him, he didnt fit cals system, he wouldn't see much playing time....etc)

All jokes aside, that board is pure enjoyment

Slapd!cks have started to look at their five-star kids with the right perspective. None of them are that great.

And I can't disagree with that. It's the reality check that one title in ten years will provide you.

None of them are that great? You serious with this?

Reactions: Cal4Pres.

Aside from going to the NBA, I could never imagine playing for your school or even coach there. Having to deal with your idiot fan base would be enough for me to go else where. Maybe that's why they are all going to Duke now.

I kind of like your system though. Starting to think you guys will never win another championship under Cal. Anthony Davis ain't walking through that door. If you cant even get out of the sweet 16 against a 5 guard, mediocre team with a roster full of 5 stars, then I don't know what to say. I like Jay Wrights system much better. His system wouldn't work at UK though, because that would require some coaching and we all know that ain't happening up in Lessington.

I'm glad you guys enjoy your roster turn over each year. It's fun watching UK each year and not knowing who the hell is even on the bench. It's even more fun reading your message board delusion ( I heard so and so is staying, blah blah blah) only to be disappointed and then say ( oh we didnt need him anyway )

I particularly like when you guys miss out on a recruit and the same rhetoric always follows ( cal backed off of him, he didnt fit cals system, he wouldn't see much playing time....etc)

I agree, if Cal doesn't adjust and start building a core team to go with his OAD's, I don't think he'll win another title. I've said that on RR for years now. As for fans, I've seen plenty of attacks on players here too, there's just not as many posters.

I agree, if Cal doesn't adjust and start building a core team to go with his OAD's, I don't think he'll win another title. I've said that on RR for years now. As for fans, I've seen plenty of attacks on players here too, there's just not as many posters.
I’d love to see him fight for roster more. No doubt. Get some of these kids back

Reactions: KYtotheCore
None of them are that great? You serious with this?
Not that great when it matters--in college. The only title was won with a generational player that comes along...once in a generation.

If you're willing to go 25 years or so between championships--assuming the NCAA lets you keep them--your system works fine...

Reactions: earsky
Zipp hasn't moved any goalposts. He's made it clear for years how players do in the NBA is not significant to him as a college basketball fan. There are many examples of players that didn't end up being great in their brief or multi year career.

Ok....thanks.

Not really.

Zipp hasn't moved any goalposts. He's made it clear for years how players do in the NBA is not significant to him as a college basketball fan. There are many examples of players that didn't end up being great in their brief or multi year career.
Maybe moving the posts wasn’t the correct term. Back peddling?....maybe. I just wanted to push him on his comment that none of our 5 star players are great. None? No one can say that with a straight face

Maybe moving the posts wasn’t the correct term. Back peddling?....maybe. I just wanted to push him on his comment that none of our 5 star players are great. None? No one can say that with a straight face
What difference does it make? It's not like any of them really give a shit about UofK basketball. None of them care about Lexington or the UofK fans beyond a hot thank you on their way out the door. They only care about getting up on that college basketball stage for 4 months while they exploit a system that is broke then they move on. Enjoy it if you want but enjoy it somewhere else. Please.

Not developing much u1k4 up there.

They may not get enough back to have an “alumni” game. :p

Not developing much u1k4 up there.

They may not get enough back to have an “alumni” game. :p
This actually could not be further from the truth. A few years back we had a massive alumni game at was nearly a sellout. Several of our Cal era players played and this included some huge names like cousins, towns, Wall, Anthony Davis, rondo and even Christian leatner. It was a cool charity event. I think it was done in 13 and 2015. Some of our players have returned for their degree. So for every crappy Daniel Orton, we have a bunch of guys who still sing the praises to the school they attended if only for that one year

Reactions: kyjeff1

Kind of like some of our fans who think it's great that Deng Adel, our highest returning everything, is not coming back and that we'll be better without him.

Here's the analysis I use...

The slapd!cks signed 38 Rivals five-star kids between 2010 and 2017. That's 23% of all of the five-star kids in those classes. There have been 10 slapd!cks players on the top three AP All American teams (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) in those same years out of 135 roster positions. That's the Top 15 players each season. And that works out to 7.4%.

So, relatively speaking, two-thirds of the slapd!ck kids (7.4 vs 23) fail to achieve the highest levels of individual success while at LPT. They either aren't good enough or they don't hang around long enough. And as we know, only one LPT 1st team AA won a title, which is the ultimate measure of success for an athletic program.

It's just the math behind the OAD approach NOT delivering intended results. And that doesn't account for the FBI stuff we don't know about yet...

Reactions: Senore2006
Here's the analysis I use...

The slapd!cks signed 38 Rivals five-star kids between 2010 and 2017. That's 23% of all of the five-star kids in those classes. There have been 10 slapd!cks players on the top three AP All American teams (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) in those same years out of 135 roster positions. That's the Top 15 players each season. And that works out to 7.4%.

So, relatively speaking, two-thirds of the slapd!ck kids (7.4 vs 23) fail to achieve the highest levels of individual success while at LPT. They either aren't good enough or they don't hang around long enough. And as we know, only one LPT 1st team AA won a title, which is the ultimate measure of success for an athletic program.

It's just the math behind the OAD approach NOT delivering intended results. And that doesn't account for the FBI stuff we don't know about yet...

We are in the title conversation every year you can count on one hand the programs that are. We are doing just fine.

The FBI? Yeah I’m not afraid of the boogeyman. That’s no way to live life.

Loyola of Chicago was in the "title conversation" this year.

That's a set of goalposts on wheels (or legs!)...

giphy.gif

Loyola of Chicago was in the "title conversation" this year.

That's a set of goalposts on wheels (or legs!)...

giphy.gif
Well for those that live in the real world, staying in the hunt year in and year out while pulling in multiple final fours and a title in a 9 year span is incredible. You don’t agree?

Well for those that live in the real world, staying in the hunt year in and year out while pulling in multiple final fours and a title in a 9 year span is incredible. You don’t agree?
This puts it in proper perspective for me...

Decade%20of%20LPT%20Basketball%20-%20Schultz%202_zpswyzpohr0.jpg

Reactions: earsky
For most of my 50+ plus years following UK BB from near and far, that has not been the case among the majority of the fan base. Most I have encountered over the years do not live in the real world when it comes to 1) expectations for the team and more importantly 2) a real world perspective of other team's abilities and accomplishments.

One other thing - I don't believe former players who did not play on a championship team get the appreciation from the fan base as they deserve. I watched for years as Dan Issel (a personal fav) never got the appreciation he deserved largely b/c his teams weren't national champions. The same with lesser lights like Kevin Grevey and Jimmy Dan Connor. I fear the same is in store for Karl Anthony Towns and others.

As has been said by others, they are delusional BB fans.

I've been watching them longer than I want to admit, and even have a few in the family to see up close and personal.

That said, they are the most miserable people I've ever seen.

They HAVE to win EVERY game. They BETTER win it by the spread plus 10. and anything short of the NC is a bad season. They don't give one rat's @$$ about 39-1. It was a BAD season to them. (Honestly, that would have been a "bad" season for us too)

I love watching them get their hearts ripped out. Is it jealousy? I don't know. But I don't care because whatever it is, I still love it.

Oh, I almost forgot....their favorite player better play the whole game.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT