ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans/knox

Wow dude. You have some very high expectations.
My goalposts are firmly in the ground, and my team doesn't sign five-star kids every year who fall short and can't wait to leave for the NBA. I also don't view an accomplishment for an elite program something that Loyola-Chicago accomplishes...

My goalposts are firmly in the ground, and my team doesn't sign five-star kids every year who fall short and can't wait to leave for the NBA. I also don't view an accomplishment for an elite program something that Loyola-Chicago accomplishes...
So a final four isn’t a big accomplishment? I’ve seen people take that stance before but I think is peculiar. A final four is a great season no matter how elite you are IMO.

Back to the 5 stars, you’re contradicting yourself. You said none of them are great but now you say that we should win the title every year because of all these 5 stars. Unless you are trying to say that they are not great BECAUSE we don’t win enough titles. Fair point, but a couple weeks ago you pointed out that March success wasn’t even that important when looking at a coach. Did you change your mind?

At any rate there is no scenario rooted in reality that has Kentucky as a failure. You will argue otherwise and then I’d love to ask in your opinion WHO is a success? Because your expectations are lofty.

And if a lotta your players are great, what's wrong with your coach?

I'm trying to cut this poor guy some slack...

SpinningCalipari_zpsb5246e9c.jpg

So if by your calculations; UK's players are not that good and our coach isnt that good, then how come UK has posted a 9-2 record against UofL while Coach Cal and his (not so good players) were there. Not to mention a 2-0 record in the torunament...

This is just facts, no argument,no crazy formula needed, no 10 year old inappropriate name calling.

So a final four isn’t a big accomplishment? I’ve seen people take that stance before but I think is peculiar. A final four is a great season no matter how elite you are IMO...
There's nothing absolute about a Final Four being an accomplishment. If you have to beat Davidson, Buffalo, Kansas State, and Loyola to get there, and you're supposedly "elite", it ain't an accomplishment. A lotta your own fans would agree. Slappies are just too anxious to hang banners.
...Back to the 5 stars, you’re contradicting yourself. You said none of them are great but now you say that we should win the title every year because of all these 5 stars. Unless you are trying to say that they are not great BECAUSE we don’t win enough titles. Fair point, but a couple weeks ago you pointed out that March success wasn’t even that important when looking at a coach. Did you change your mind?...
I think you're getting the hang of it... You don't win many titles because neither your coaching nor your talent is as good as you think it is. IOW you're consistently overrated, an illusion fostered by playing in the SEC.

And do you really wanna start talking about body of work with Pitino Lite? He's averaging almost as many losses per season as Tubby. Slappies need to keep the focus on titles and start winning more of them.
...At any rate there is no scenario rooted in reality that has Kentucky as a failure. You will argue otherwise and then I’d love to ask in your opinion WHO is a success? Because your expectations are lofty.
Gravitating to extremes is a loser's argument. I never said Lite and LPT are "failures". I did say you're overrated, and I think that's an appropriate descriptor. Nothing great and certainly not "elite"...

Decade%20of%20LPT%20Basketball%20-%20Schultz%202_zpswyzpohr0.jpg

So if by your calculations; UK's players are not that good and our coach isnt that good, then how come UK has posted a 9-2 record against UofL while Coach Cal and his (not so good players) were there. Not to mention a 2-0 record in the torunament...

This is just facts, no argument,no crazy formula needed, no 10 year old inappropriate name calling.
That's the Super Bowl effect and not playing many good teams otherwise. Ask your coach what that means and how significant it is...

There's nothing absolute about a Final Four being an accomplishment. If you have to beat Davidson, Buffalo, Kansas State, and Loyola to get there, and you're supposedly "elite", it ain't an accomplishment. A lotta your own fans would agree. Slappies are just too anxious to hang banners.

I think you're getting the hang of it... You don't win many titles because neither your coaching nor your talent is as good as you think it is. IOW you're consistently overrated, an illusion fostered by playing in the SEC.

And do you really wanna start talking about body of work with Pitino Lite? He's averaging almost as many losses per season as Tubby. Slappies need to keep the focus on titles and start winning more of them.

Gravitating to extremes is a loser's argument. I never said Lite and LPT are "failures". I did say you're overrated, and I think that's an appropriate descriptor. Nothing great and certainly not "elite"...

History remembers the banners. They are everything. Diminishing a final four finish is your opinion. I respect your opinion but it isn’t shared by very many.

You’ve used our recruiting as negative fodder so often that you don’t even realize that you’re flip flopping. Sometimes you just argue to be arguing.

If we are not elite then no one is. Because the numbers don’t lie. I would have thought you could appreciate that. But I will ask you again, who is elite?

Reactions: TyCatPrice14
History remembers the banners. They are everything. Diminishing a final four finish is your opinion. I respect your opinion but it isn’t shared by very many.

You’ve used our recruiting as negative fodder so often that you don’t even realize that you’re flip flopping. Sometimes you just argue to be arguing.

If we are not elite then no one is. Because the numbers don’t lie. I would have thought you could appreciate that. But I will ask you again, who is elite?
Nothing inconsistent in my arguments--you just don't like them. Too bad. The average LPT fan doesn't even know how many Final Fours LPT has made, which tells me how important they are.

As far as who's elite, that's a moving target. At the moment, it's Nova. Two titles in three years is something slapd!cks can only dream about...

Nothing inconsistent in my arguments--you just don't like them. Too bad. The average LPT fan doesn't even know how many Final Fours LPT has made, which tells me how important they are.

As far as who's elite, that's a moving target. At the moment, it's Nova. Two titles in three years is something slapd!cks can only dream about...
2 titles in 3 years? Been there, done that. It was amazing.

You are correct, I don’t know how many final fours we have but it’s a lot. So I’ve lost track. But I don’t know man, all these digs you take at ky kind of just diminishes UL too. I’m not trying to flame. It’s weird. I mean, who doesn’t dream of 2 titles? Don’t you?

Nova is having a run for sure. Ten years ago Florida did too. They elite? But I see your point. I’ll condense it and try again. Since Cal got to Kentucky, which programs have been elite?

Reactions: kyjeff1
2 titles in 3 years? Been there, done that. It was amazing.

You are correct, I don’t know how many final fours we have but it’s a lot. So I’ve lost track. But I don’t know man, all these digs you take at ky kind of just diminishes UL too. I’m not trying to flame. It’s weird. I mean, who doesn’t dream of 2 titles? Don’t you?

Nova is having a run for sure. Ten years ago Florida did too. They elite? But I see your point. I’ll condense it and try again. Since Cal got to Kentucky, which programs have been elite?
You mean you're gonna keep at it until you get me to say something good about LPT? Good luck with that.

I never claimed U of L was elite at any single sport. That's a slappy move. And your last 2-in-3 was a generation ago. San Francisco won back-to-back before I was born. That make 'em elite?

Your program is good but not great, at least not recently. Nova is. Is that positive enough for a slapd!ck?...

Yea....I dont understand that either. Like our team wouldn't be better with Adel on it. That is delusion.

I was listening to Ramsey & Rutherford yesterday, and Rutherford was saying "Please don't be the fan who harasses Deng Adel on his way out, telling him he sucks 'Good luck in Europe!' and we're better off without him." I hope that I am wrong, but I infer from that comment that people are doing this. That is just ridiculous.

Rutherford also added that people say "Good luck in Europe!" as if that's some kind of insult, and that shows their basketball ignorance because people go play in Europe and do very well, making more in a short career there than most people make in a lifetime. Social media has really smoked out the idiots.

You mean you're gonna keep at it until you get me to say something good about LPT? Good luck with that.

I never claimed U of L was elite at any single sport. That's a slappy move. And your last 2-in-3 was a generation ago. San Francisco won back-to-back before I was born. That make 'em elite?

Your program is good but not great, at least not recently. Nova is. Is that positive enough for a slapd!ck?...
Lol no I absolutely don’t expect you to say anything good about Kentucky. But I am surprised that you refuse to give any credit to Louisville. As a program Louisville is definitely elite. It’s a top 7 or 8 program all time. I’m not too insecure or hard headed to admit that. I’m realistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3Bluefever325
Lol no I absolutely don’t expect you to say anything good about Kentucky. But I am surprised that you refuse to give any credit to Louisville. As a program Louisville is definitely elite. It’s a top 7 or 8 program all time. I’m not too insecure or hard headed to admit that. I’m realistic.
Yeah, I guess my standards are higher than a slapd!ck's. And I don't measure myself by associating with someone/-thing I look up to. Another slappy move...

Yeah, I guess my standards are higher than a slapd!ck's. And I don't measure myself by associating with someone/-thing I look up to. Another slappy move...
Like I said. You have rediculously high expectations. Good luck with that. I have no idea what you’re talking about with the other part of the post.

Actually Everyone views UK as Elite, Duke, UNC, and Kansas are as well. it's pretty stupid to argue otherwise.

Actually Everyone views UK as Elite, Duke, UNC, and Kansas are as well. it's pretty stupid to argue otherwise.
He's not gonna gonna change his mind...idk why you keep trying. Kentucky could win 5 titles in a row and he'd post about him not being impressed..you know why? He's playing a game to get under your skin.

Its not a shock that a UofL fan on a UofL forum doesn't respect UK's program...its honestly to be expected...that's the fun in coming here and debating.

I was listening to Ramsey & Rutherford yesterday, and Rutherford was saying "Please don't be the fan who harasses Deng Adel on his way out, telling him he sucks 'Good luck in Europe!' and we're better off without him." I hope that I am wrong, but I infer from that comment that people are doing this. That is just ridiculous.

Rutherford also added that people say "Good luck in Europe!" as if that's some kind of insult, and that shows their basketball ignorance because people go play in Europe and do very well, making more in a short career there than most people make in a lifetime. Social media has really smoked out the idiots.
Exactly....like living in Europe and making six figures is some kind of bad thing. Hell, that sounds like a dream to me.

He's not gonna gonna change his mind...idk why you keep trying. Kentucky could win 5 titles in a row and he'd post about him not being impressed..you know why? He's playing a game to get under your skin.

Its not a shock that a UofL fan on a UofL forum doesn't respect UK's program...its honestly to be expected...that's the fun in coming here and debating.
I'm not trying to change his mind.

I'm not trying to change his mind.
Then what's the point in responding to him? All you're doing is reinforcing his stance on how dense UofK fans can be. He pulls on your strings, and you respond like a puppet eager to please. It can be very entertaining watching zipp play you, but at the same time it gets old and boring quickly. You should know better but you don't. Sad yet funny at the same time.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Then what's the point in responding to him? All you're doing is reinforcing his stance on how dense UofK fans can be. He pulls on your strings, and you respond like a puppet eager to please. It can be very entertaining watching zipp play you, but at the same time it gets old and boring quickly. You should know better but you don't. Sad yet funny at the same time.
Lol, that depends on who you think is playing who, we can respond with 1 sentence and he will spend a couple hours responding to all our post. He is ate up with it and tries to justify it with, he is playing everyone else, He can't help himself, he has to respond to every post.

That bump on your head must have been a real bell ringer!... ;)

Lol, that depends on who you think is playing who, we can respond with 1 sentence and he will spend a couple hours responding to all our post...
Trust me, you're a lot easier than that. Many times, I just select a picture. (I'll bet you're one of the dudes at the top right...)

Screen-Shot-2013-11-14-at-101512-AM_zps260100df.jpg

Slapd!cks have started to look at their five-star kids with the right perspective. None of them are that great.

And I can't disagree with that. It's the reality check that one title in ten years will provide you.

Even stupid people eventually learn...
You must eat sleep and bathe in reality then, zipparoo

Exactly right. The rabbit hole has many victims. Yours truly included. Z is happy to never climb out of said rabbit hole. Even when he knows his comments are outlandish and untrue he never backs off from them. There’s a weird admirable dedication in there. I’ll give him that.

Exactly right. The rabbit hole has many victims. Yours truly included. Z is happy to never climb out of said rabbit hole. Even when he knows his comments are outlandish and untrue he never backs off from them. There’s a weird admirable dedication in there. I’ll give him that.
See Rocky, you still can't help yourself.

BTW, when you find one that meets those descriptors, let me know. I'll show you where you're wrong (and always will be...)

Humor me. You're not accomplishing much else here...

Hoping not to offend anyone else but I will humor you as asked.

True or false? University of Kentucky is an elite college basketball program.

It’s literally a single word answer

Last edited:
Hoping not to offend anyone else but I will humor you as asked.

True or false? University of Kentucky is an elite college basketball program.

It’s literally a single word answer
Let me answer a question with another question...

One of my favorite taglines is "Elite program", my a$$. I've only used it on maybe five thousand posts. What do you think that's in reference to?...

Let me answer a question with another question...

One of my favorite taglines is "Elite program", my a$$. I've only used it on maybe five thousand posts. What do you think that's in reference to?...
I knew you couldn’t type the word haha.

So uk is NOT one of college basketball’s elite programs. Do you care to explain this stance?

As for your tagline I only recently noticed it. I thought it was in reference to Tyra Or the BOT. Had no idea

haha

(That's in response to the possibility it was about Tyra or the clown show...)

Wow! And only 4 weeks removed from losing to K State.

So a final four isn’t a big accomplishment? I’ve seen people take that stance before but I think is peculiar. A final four is a great season no matter how elite you are IMO.

Back to the 5 stars, you’re contradicting yourself. You said none of them are great but now you say that we should win the title every year because of all these 5 stars. Unless you are trying to say that they are not great BECAUSE we don’t win enough titles. Fair point, but a couple weeks ago you pointed out that March success wasn’t even that important when looking at a coach. Did you change your mind?

At any rate there is no scenario rooted in reality that has Kentucky as a failure. You will argue otherwise and then I’d love to ask in your opinion WHO is a success? Because your expectations are lofty.

You've got it wrong. Zipp is just saying that your shit coach is garbage and can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Over 30+ NBA drat picks in 9 years and 1 lousy title.

Fat boobs has you losers eating out of his donut stained hands.

Reactions: Senore2006 and zipp
:cool::cool:

Everyone should listen to what Stuttering Mike has to say. He's the authority of the radio airwaves .:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT