ADVERTISEMENT

UK Classless As Usual

Jun 24, 2009
That UK player trying to take out Yogi Ferrell. I don't care what UK fans say, the game was over, that was simply an attempt to take out Yogi so that IU would lose in the next round.

UK players truly do emulate their classless whiny coach and their classless whiny fan base. Screw UKKK, I hope that UK players breaks his foot getting on the bus to go HOME!!! Karma is a b*tch. :)

Reactions: bobby elvis
I'm as big of a uk hater as they come, it just looked to me like he was just trying to get the ball while Yogi was shielding him.

Reactions: earsky
Like to see how the medi a spins this Uk loss. They praise Cal when he had 5-7 picks has just another collection of averageto good players a nd you see the end result.

Right, I'm sure that is exactly what he was thinking in the split second in which that happened.

BTW, Indiana was the epicenter of the second rising of the Klan.

Yeah I think it is what he was thinking. He knew he had lost, we've all seen how UK players act after a loss (see last years Final Four) and I think he thought he would get cute and injure Yogi. You know, make sure IU doesn't win it all. There was absolutely no play on the ball there. Even if it wasn't intentional it was absolutely wreck less and unnecessary, there could have been a serious injury there.

And so what if Indiana has the Klan, did I ever say otherwise? Does that make Kentucky's Klan and racism any better. Make no doubt about it, most of those players now would never be allowed in the house of most Kentucky fans since they are black. If you don't think a big portion of the UK fan base outside of Louisville has racist tendencies you are delusional. I saw it myself during the Tubby Smith years there, I doubt it's changed very much.

UK lost??? Must have been crooked refs who bet on Indiana. According to RR, UK has never, ever, lost a game but has had several stolen from them. And that includes the NIT loss to Robert Morris U.

Reactions: ACCCard
Alex Poythress is all class, was a just hustling to save the ball. He took the brunt of the damage and there was no risk to Yogi. Classless is acting like you took an elbow to face, even after the replay proves you didn't. But no one here knows anybody like that do they?

Reactions: awf and CatPhight
Yeah sure you believe that about Alex Poythress. There was a ton of risk to Yogi there and the game was over. Of course let me guess, you believe no UK player is ever classless right? Never mind what happened last year after the Final Four. Or let me guess UK has never lost a game right, it's always the refs right? UKKK is the antithesis of class.

Oh and btw, remember that for another year we are the most recent National Champions in this state! Congrats on having the most overrated coach in the nation. Pitino with those recruits would've won 2 if not 3 National Championships already.

Alex Poythress is all class, was a just hustling to save the ball. He took the brunt of the damage and there was no risk to Yogi. Classless is acting like you took an elbow to face, even after the replay proves you didn't. But no one here knows anybody like that do they?
Marcus Cousins? Oh he was the one that pounded a player while down.

Look you guys challenged Poythress and his integrity. This is the guy that is too nice to be dominant. I could have made a cheap shot concerning your football or basketball coach and their level of class, but that was too easy.

Oh go ahead Cats, lets talk about our athletic department that until now has been a beacon of NCAA compliance. We were even honest enough to admit that one of our assistants went rogue and screwed us over. Would UK have turned themselves in? We all know what that answer is, UK would've denied denied denied while they paid the accuser off. You see that's the difference between UofL and UK, we have one of the most NCAA compliant athletic departments in the nation, and when we do screw up we admit it. We don't cover up and pay people off like UKKK does. And really, UKKK is the last team in the nation to talk, hiring a coach who left 2 schools on NCAA probation. Calipari's integrity and class is so low hell probably won't take him when he dies, lol.

You really expect us to believe that 5 star recruits who could start at any other university in the country choose to go to UK and come off the bench without, you know, some compensation? You truly are a gullible bunch.

Look you guys challenged Poythress and his integrity. This is the guy that is too nice to be dominant. I could have made a cheap shot concerning your football or basketball coach and their level of class, but that was too easy.
The Reds suck too. That makes it a Trifecta where you are concerned.

I didn't watch the game I came in after it was over and the ESPN announcers were talking about the game. One announcer thought Calipari did a good job coaching a preparing his team since he didn't have the talent he usually has. Two of the other announcers were laughing about the comment saying sUcK has 7 McDonald's All Americans you can't say they don't have talent.

Your on our board knucklehead. Your players were driving with shoulders better than your FB team does. Maybe they should give your FB a few classes. Whether he did it on purpose or not it wasn't necessary and even the announcer said that.

Congratulations Cats you just screwed your own coach. Lets use you assumption that Pitino had to know and if he shouldn't he should've know. By that standard you are admitting that Calipari is guilty of the infractions at UMass and Memphis, since as you said he either knew or if he didn't he should've known. The things you all have always claimed he didn't know about. Doesn't matter right, if he didn't know he should've known right?

What does that say about your scummy school that you hired a known cheater?

I don't know about you all but isn't it refreshing that a UK fan has seen the light and admitted that Calipari is guilty of multiple infractions at multiple schools? Thank you again reds for admitting the Calipari is a liar and a cheat.

Reactions: JohnCard28
Guess I'm not out. Works both ways. I never said I thought Rick knew, I was asking a question based on some one else's implication that Cal is shady. Honestly, I know that Pitino doesn't need to resort to that kind of crap to get the recruits he wants. He too good of a coach. So is Cal.

And if you are naive enough to think that William Wesley is not on the payroll in some form for Calipari you are just as gullible. Why is he behind the UK bench berating officials? What in the hell is his role? Hmmmmm....I am certain it will all come out in time.

Further more, this thread is about players with class. Poythress is one of them. We have had players who lacked it, just as you have.

When bench players are getting drafted in first round, the recruiting is done for you. And if you are naive enough to think that Rick Pitino had zero knowledge of recruits getting strippers and hookers, am I the one you should calling gullible. And with that I am out. I just came here to defend literally the one guy that you can't possibly think is classless.

Haha no catsnreds you don't get to backtrack. You just said that Pitino had know or basically should've known. That means you have to hold your God Calipari to that same standard.

And no I don't believe Pitino knew anything about the recruits. As I would hope you know college coaches are incredibly busy and can not be watching the recruits at all times. Pitino's flaw was that he truly trusted McGee when it's obviously he shouldn't have. Calipari on the other hand, do you really think it's coincidence he left 2 schools under NCAA probation? If it wasn't UK and the NCAA being intimidated by UK I would guarantee you he will leave you all under probation as well.

Again these recruits have egos, they want to be the star. They know they can get to the NBA from almost any school. You don't convince a star recruit to come off the bench when he could start anywhere else unless you are giving him something on the side. You mention all of those players who got to the NBA, how many of those players would've gone to the NBA out of high school? How many of those NBA players did Cal actually develop into NBA players?

We ain't exactly in a position to be trash talking anyone at the moment. You all wonder why they come over here? You all give them plenty of reasons and doing so while on a self imposed post season ban, well....what do you all expect.

If some of you were smart you would put a clamp on your beaks until this mess with the hookers is over.

Our current mess doesn't mean UK gets a pass on their rules violations. Our mess doesn't mean UK is some great program that hasn't done anything wrong. Our mess doesn't mean UK gets a pass for hiring a coach who has had wins and Final Fours vacated from two schools. Regardless of our mess, UK is still scum and we have every right to trash on them.

We are still the better institution. UK would've just bought off Katina Powell and made her go away, we all know that, and that's the difference between UofL and UK. I will enjoy the fact that UK once again couldn't win it all even with the best players money could buy. I will enjoy the fact that we have still won the most recent National Championship!

That UK player trying to take out Yogi Ferrell. I don't care what UK fans say, the game was over, that was simply an attempt to take out Yogi so that IU would lose in the next round.

UK players truly do emulate their classless whiny coach and their classless whiny fan base. Screw UKKK, I hope that UK players breaks his foot getting on the bus to go HOME!!! Karma is a b*tch. :)

The first paragraph of your post is dumb. Polythress was trying to get to the ball but Yogi did a savvy job of screening him out. Throw shade at UK all you want, hell I'm ecstatic that they lost, but try to not make stuff up.

Since this thread has completely devolved into a back and forth about violations, every UK fan knows about past transgressions. But all you know the only difference between a top program that has violations and one that doesn't is the fact that they got caught. However, the idea that Cal is dirty while Pitino is squeaky clean makes you look like homers. I could bring up the fact that Cal had nothing to do with Camby or Rose breaking the rules, as stated by the NCAA, but that would be useless with you.

You said it yourself catsnreds, using your standard if Cal didn't know then he should've known. I'm not saying Pitino knew or didn't know, we won't be sure until we get a full report. With that said, you can't have it both ways. You UK fans are the ones who try to use one standard for Cal and another standard for all other coaches. We are simply calling our your homerism and your bias.

It's really hypocritical when you think about the fact that UK fans, including Matty Jones, were the ones leading the charge against Calipari when he was at Memphis. Funny how you all don't seem to care once he came to your side.

TheBirds I still will disagree. The difference is how we handle situations. If this scandal had happened at UK they would've denied denied denied while they covered it up and paid people off. UK would've done the UNC method, never owned up to it and drug it out until people forgot about it.

That's the difference between UofL and UK. We own up to our mistakes, UK never does.

When bench players are getting drafted in first round, the recruiting is done for you. And if you are naive enough to think that Rick Pitino had zero knowledge of recruits getting strippers and hookers, am I the one you should calling gullible. And with that I am out. I just came here to defend literally the one guy that you can't possibly think is classless.
You guys still have your draft night.

TheBirds UK would have denied it even happened. Katina Powell would've been given millions by UK to shut up and disappear. The cover up would've been so extensive it would've made Penn State blush. There has never been denial that something happened, but most of us are waiting for all the facts to come out. UK would've never self imposed a post season ban like we did. I repeat, UK would've never self imposed a post season ban like we did.

You said it yourself catsnreds, using your standard if Cal didn't know then he should've known. I'm not saying Pitino knew or didn't know, we won't be sure until we get a full report. With that said, you can't have it both ways. You UK fans are the ones who try to use one standard for Cal and another standard for all other coaches. We are simply calling our your homerism and your bias.

It's really hypocritical when you think about the fact that UK fans, including Matty Jones, were the ones leading the charge against Calipari when he was at Memphis. Funny how you all don't seem to care once he came to your side.
Problem with your logic is Rose was cleared by the NCAA 3 times before the season ever started. Call said he was NOT playing him until they cleared him completely and they did. So how is that Cal's fault?

Problem with your logic is Rose was cleared by the NCAA 3 times before the season ever started. Call said he was NOT playing him until they cleared him completely and they did. So how is that Cal's fault?
Problem with your logic is that you're only defending cow now that he's the yut coach. If he was still with Memphis, you and the rest of BHN would STILL be saying that he was a cheater.

Rick has never had a major infraction at any school in his 30 years as a head coach. None. His grad rate is three times Cal's. Cal's time at two schools involved over a dozen major infractionsand resulted in final four's being taken away. His greatest sin in my eyes was leaving both programs when they needed him the most. I happen to believe that a coach who sent two players packing for weed would knowingly allow what has happened here in Billy Minardi Hall. It is his program though and he has to share a large part of the blame. Making any comparison between these two coaches is simply stupid. Rose's brother wasn't noticed by Cal on the team plane. Nine times.

Problem with your logic is that Rose was cleared to play based solely on the info that Memphis gave them. That is how the NCAA Clearinghouse works. There are thousands of NCAA athletes in all sports that have to be cleared. The NCAA clearing him is completely irrelevant to his infraction. Cal knows this, but what you wrote makes for a good sound byte. And you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

This is the same Calipari who UK fans called a cheating scumbag while he was at Memphis. They called him shady and would never want him associated with UK. Now he is all of a sudden a saint. LOL

How bout dem Hoosiers? Crean>Cal

Fans aren't responsible for things that happen at the school they support. Don't try to defend it. It doesn't reflect on us. It was one or two guys. Don't get drawn into it, Enjoy the UK loss. These guys come over here to get under our skin because they are looking for somebody to take it out on. Ignore them!

Alex Poythress is all class, was a just hustling to save the ball. He took the brunt of the damage...
And he knew four years later that he wasn't risking an NBA career.

"Elite program", my a$$...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT