ADVERTISEMENT

UK Classless As Usual

Nothing to that play AP was just playing hard.

Off topic, I think Alex P would have been an absolute stud under Pitino. He is the one player that would have been better suited in a player development program instead of Cals system. I think Lee would be significantly better under Pitino as well. Not all 5 stars are developed and that just isn't Cal system. He has said it every year in my system you can either play or you can't.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
Look you guys challenged Poythress and his integrity. This is the guy that is too nice to be dominant. I could have made a cheap shot concerning your football or basketball coach and their level of class, but that was too easy.

Kats haven't been the same since they got rid of Rod Strickland and his DUI's.

Alex Poy is all class and has been since he's been at UK. In fact he has been one of their players I always wished could play and developers I'm Ricks system

Some card fans say the silliest shot sometimes. Leave the kid alone.

I'm not sure you understand this conversation, lol. Nice victim card tho. Incredibly enough, it;s a UK fan specialty. You could not invent that amount of spin.
Poythress wasn't mocked for getting his degree in three years, and being a finalist for Arthur Ashe award?

Reactions: awf
Poythress wasn't mocked for getting his degree in three years, and being a finalist for Arthur Ashe award?
Of course, opening up the "academic" can of worms could always allow us to allege what UK fans do, tiring of our academic All Americans such as Siva and Van Treese and Blackshear or the 94 of 97 recruits Strong graduated...........

"They make it easy for athletes because they are so crooked." I mean, honestly, let's face it. You guys got Eric Bledsoe eligible, lol.

UK fans are not intellectually prepared for honest arguments. Holding Poy up as some beacon of normality at UK is so absurd it borders on psychotic. Same with Cauly-Stein who may well have been a reasonable student.

And now UK fans are dying to tell Lee and Mulder to transfer because they have bitten down so hard on Cal's member and he needs other players - better ones.

I feel dirty for even responding to that.

Reactions: Cue Card
Poythress has been ridiculed way more from your fan base than ours. There may be kind words towards him now over their, but during the games that you guys struggled the kid was bashed to death on your board.

I get it - you're salty AF after the Hoosiers pulled your pants down and paddled that azz. I guess 6 McD AA isn't enough to get cow to the S16 - lol.
Could you name those 6 Burger Boys? I came up with 4. Ullis was a top 30 ish ranked player who's now a 1st team all American. To bad he never was developed properly

Reactions: awf
Could you name those 6 Burger Boys? I came up with 4. Ullis was a top 30 ish ranked player who's now a 1st team all American. To bad he never was developed properly
Wow, lol, only 4?? Russ Smith thinks you guys are doing it right.

How you, in this time at UofL, can claim moral superiority to any program is beyond just about anyone with a brain... o_O
The hilarious part is in that he might have to explain it to you and Eric Bledsoe.

Besides, moral superiority is beyond your pay grade anyway. Morality in hiring a two time NCAA loser? Oh wait, Cal is now officially "clean!" because you guys have all agreed. None of that other stuff ever happened. Academic All Americans, Oxford scholars happen at Louisville's basketball program. Our football team recently graduated 94 of 97 recruits. You football APR is 946, lol, which was 11th out of the 12 available 5-7 bowl prospects.

This is not a good argument for you.

What are you talking about?? Ulis played in the 2014 game - get to know your team's roster.

Poythress - 2012
Lee - 2013
Ulis - 2014
Briscoe - 2015
Scab - 2015 (would have been given that he was ranked either #1 or #2 but went to a fake high school)
Murray - 2015 (would have been given that he was a 5 star but wasn't because he reclassified)

That's 6 legit McD players.

One of the more amusing things to me is how fanbases live vicariously through their school, or even worse, elevate themselves to a level above another person based on that person's fanhood.

"Jennifer Lawrence is a U of L fan, therefore I am better than UK fans!"

"Pitino has questionable morals, that makes me superior to U of L fans!"

"Poythress dove trying to make a play and could have hurt a guy, that means I am classier than UK!"

There are so many good folks on both sides of this rivalry. The fact that the actions of teenagers and very young adults somehow validates or contradicts an individual's opinion of him or herself is head scratching, and in a way, pretty sad.

The fact that the actions of teenagers and very young adults somehow validates or contradicts an individual's opinion of him or herself is head scratching, and in a way, pretty sad.
I'll take it a step further. It's sick. It's twisted. It's delusional. It's mentally unstable.

JMO

Reactions: JohnKBA
What are you talking about?? Ulis played in the 2014 game - get to know your team's roster.

Poythress - 2012
Lee - 2013
Ulis - 2014
Briscoe - 2015
Scab - 2015 (would have been given that he was ranked either #1 or #2 but went to a fake high school)
Murray - 2015 (would have been given that he was a 5 star but wasn't because he reclassified)

No that's not 6 McDonald's All Americans. So again that's 4 and last I checked, Skal attended and graduated from one of the oldest high schools in Tennessee.

Alex Poythress is all class, was a just hustling to save the ball. He took the brunt of the damage and there was no risk to Yogi. Classless is acting like you took an elbow to face, even after the replay proves you didn't. But no one here knows anybody like that do they?
Or a classless act would be kicking someone in the head like Tyler Ulis did. Great kid though.

Or a classless act would be kicking someone in the head like Tyler Ulis did. Great kid though.
Is that the latest story? Haven't heard that one yet. Strange how there's nothing in the media. I guess that takes the heat off all those $10 pre paid itunes cards that Jay Z is gonna use to get Bolden

No that's not 6 McDonald's All Americans. So again that's 4 and last I checked, Skal attended and graduated from one of the oldest high schools in Tennessee.
Last you checked - Ulis didn't play in the McD game either - lol. Scab transferred on the advice of his guardian / handler so he was unable to play his senior year in Tennessee HS, also making him ineligible for the McD game - but please tell me the last time they passed up inviting the #2 ranked player in the country.

If you want to hold on to your intellectually dishonest position that Scab and Murray weren't McD AAs - go right ahead. As a yut fan, at least you're being consistent.

If you don't like UK then beat them @ Hagan Stadium 4/6/16!
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Last you checked - Ulis didn't play in the McD game either - lol. Scab transferred on the advice of his guardian / handler so he was unable to play his senior year in Tennessee HS, also making him ineligible for the McD game - but please tell me the last time they passed up inviting the #2 ranked player in the country.

If you want to hold on to your intellectually dishonest position that Scab and Murray weren't McD AAs - go right ahead. As a yut fan, at least you're being consistent.
Ummm no, pretty sure Ullis played in the McDonalds game dude. The last time off the top of my head would be John Wall. Maybe Thon Maker? UK has another top 10 kid that's ineligible as well. WTH is yut??

Poythress - 2012
Lee - 2013
Ulis - 2014
Briscoe - 2015

BP, I agree that UK underachieved with the talent they had. However, the facts in this case speak for themselves. You keep saying 6 McD AA. But Skal and Murray were NOT McD AA. 5* Rated talent for sure, but if your measuring stick is McD AA, the facts and rosters are clear:
  • Briscoe (2015)
  • Ulis (2014)
  • Lee (2013)
  • Poythress (2012)
That's only 4. It does not matter that Scal or Murray could have or should have been considered under different circumstances, the facts are what they are.

Now, that said... UK did have the Top Recruiting Class for 2015 and 3 of the Top 10 ranked players (Skal, Briscoe, Murray). So raw talent was not the issue.

This thread is an example of what happens when the mods allow uk turds to hang around. I do not understand!!

This thread is an example of what happens when the mods allow uk turds to hang around. I do not understand!!
Just curious because this board has very little traffic on it. If someone isn't being disrespectful, what's the problem? Most of the post are that Zipp guy arguing with himself.

I'm gonna figure out a way to use this at work during our next contract negotiation. I feel like I can get away with it even though it's a pretty solid insult :D

BP, I agree that UK underachieved with the talent they had. However, the facts in this case speak for themselves. You keep saying 6 McD AA. But Skal and Murray were NOT McD AA. 5* Rated talent for sure, but if your measuring stick is McD AA, the facts and rosters are clear:
  • Briscoe (2015)
  • Ulis (2014)
  • Lee (2013)
  • Poythress (2012)
That's only 4. It does not matter that Scal or Murray could have or should have been considered under different circumstances, the facts are what they are.

Now, that said... UK did have the Top Recruiting Class for 2015 and 3 of the Top 10 ranked players (Skal, Briscoe, Murray). So raw talent was not the issue.
Toe-may-toe / Toe-mah-toe.

That's fine then; I'll change my statement - "I guess that 4 McD AAs and two kids who ABSOLUTELY would have been McD AAs if not for one having a shady guardian that floated him out to HS too many times and got him ruled ineligible to even play HS his senior year and, the other being ineligible because he reclassified, are not enough to get cow to the S16.

I'll stand by my other statement that it's an intellectually dishonest position to suggest that those two kids wouldn't have been McD AAs if eligible - that's really the larger point.

Hope that makes everyone a little happier. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ummm no, pretty sure Ullis played in the McDonalds game dude. The last time off the top of my head would be John Wall. Maybe Thon Maker? UK has another top 10 kid that's ineligible as well. WTH is yut??
Ca-yut.

Sound it out; you'll get there.

Probably.

Reactions: LockdownCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT