ADVERTISEMENT

Ugly Game

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
That has to be one of the ugliest halves I've seen this season. With the exception of Nanu pretty much no one has anything going.

Reactions: Deeva
I really hope the team can get it going in the second or else Clemson is going away with the win.

Typical road game against a midlevel opponent. Clemson of course is getting the benefit of the whistles but the Cards haven't been able to make a 3pt shot. Clemson is by far a much better defensive team than NC State but the Cards should have shot better in that 1st half. Early noon game on the road doesn't help. We'll see if the leadership of Lee and Lewis will be the difference in this 2nd half. They have to score or we won't make 50.

Reactions: shadow force
The perfect storm for the Tigers. Low energy. Foul trouble on Nanu, Lee and Lewis struggling to score. The Tigers hitting 3's and free throws.

All that adds up to a loss for the Cardinals IF Lee and Lewis can't get it going . Got to have some 3's to drop in order to set up the press.

This game has been a big fat "blah" from the start. 0 for the game from behind the arc. Our best post player sitting on the bench with foul trouble, and not much energy from the players in general. I was concerned about this possibly being a trap game and it is turning into that type of outcome. Poor performance coming off their best road win of the year. Disappointing so far.

Poor guard play. I think CRP worked on nothing but defense but it has affected our offense. We need a true PG, too many guys who think they need to score. Good passing will open the 3s.

It was Chinanu and the Cardonaires.

8-0 start, all Chinanu's points, then the lights went out.

Pathetic guard play.
Way to many three point shots.
Soft inside play.
Burning all the timeouts. Coach Pitino is really bad about that.

We make like this team better than last years team, however last years team
beat Clemson.

Pathetic loss.

It was Chinanu and the Cardonaires.

8-0 start, all Chinanu's points, then the lights went out.

Pathetic guard play.
Way to many three point shots.
Soft inside play.
Burning all the timeouts. Coach Pitino is really bad about that.

We make like this team better than last years team, however last years team
beat Clemson.

Pathetic loss.
Disagree about the 3 pt shots. We make our normal amount we're in the lead. Most of those 3's were open good shots.

The bottom line is if teams play bad on the road in the ACC they are taking a loss. Teams are going to play well and get beat in this conference. Louisville didn't play well Clemson did it is that simple. Hopefully they learn from it and move on.

Reactions: SoulSr
This is the third game we lost that we should have won and the most pathetic. Welcome to another season of under achievement and losing to mediocre opponents, missing easy shots and free throws, as well as uninspired play. Hopefully we'll get it together. These types of losses don't help seeding. If you're going to be a great team, you beat the Clemsons.

In view of Clemson's latest victory while steamrolling the ACC, I had to bump this thread back to the top. Sorry to the guys in here who spoke a little too soon!...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT